Quin

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Axelrod throws harder than Stewart.

Maybe he should just bring it down to the mid 80's and he'll be below the normal fastball hitting speed but a tick higher than BP.

Gameday had that as an 84 MPH two-seam fastball.

Is that even possible in the big leagues? Guess so.

Maybe KW should go with all "command and control" pitchers who throw in the high 80's now.

Edited by caulfield12

Stewart did the job there.

For all the s***, he at least comes in and throws strikes. As a fan I can watch bad offense, but I can't stand watching a pitcher not throw strikes.

QUOTE (Cali @ May 14, 2012 -> 08:19 PM)
Our "ace" can't even make it past the 4th inning. Money well spent...

The problem is that Danks never really was an ace.

He just got that label largely because of 2008 and Game 163, but he was never in Lester or Sabathia or CJ Wilson's neighborhood.

He's an average #2 (obviously he's pitching worse than that this season) or a very good #3, but not really the textbook definition of an ace or stopper.

Maybe the contract's in his head, just like Dunn in 2011 or AJ in prior years when he was thinking too much about his future with the Sox.

QUOTE (Baron @ May 14, 2012 -> 07:31 PM)
Lets see if Morel can get below .180 tonight

That won't be hard, only 1 more AB. More worried about Viciedo than Morel, who I've already given up on and just preferring to be surprised by but not expecting anything more than Chris Snopek (minus the marginal power but better defense) from now on.

Took Bryce Harper 54 AB's to get his first homer. Hitting .236 now.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 14, 2012 -> 08:33 PM)
That won't be hard, only 1 more AB. More worried about Viciedo than Morel, who I've already given up on and just preferring to be surprised by but not expecting anything more than Chris Snopek (minus the marginal power but better defense) from now on.

I mean at this point having Morel go against Major League Pitching is hurting him.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 14, 2012 -> 07:36 PM)
This is just getting difficult to watch...why do I look forward to these games?

WHY DO I BOTHER?

(cueing the baseball gods to show me exactly why)

Could it be that you simply just "Appreciate the Game"?

:gosox1:

QUOTE (fathom @ May 14, 2012 -> 08:38 PM)
Or that he'll play so bad the Sox will be forced to find a new 3B this offseason?

You really think they are going to continue to trot out that embarrassment at 3B? This is a professional organization. They dont operate like that.

Edited by Baron