Sox @ Cubs 5/18 game thread

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 18, 2012 -> 02:48 PM)
Not defending Greg but if you lose Konerko for this season the rest of your statement is irrelevant. The guy is becoming an icon with how good of a hitter and person he has become. If he played on the northside he would be the biggest thing since Ryno up there if not bigger.

And if he is out, you lose him, and Humber.

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2012 -> 02:49 PM)

If Konerko is out the White Sox just became about as interesting as the cubs. While I do not have delusions of grandeur I still look at the standings and watch the games and hope for something good to happen.

Having to watch Dan Johnson play first does not make me want to watch the White Sox until next April.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2012 -> 02:49 PM)

I have to agree with this one. If there is a throw away game in this series and Stewart or someone like that is pitching..then do it. Otherwise not worth the suspension and what have you.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 18, 2012 -> 02:52 PM)
If Konerko is out the White Sox just became about as interesting as the cubs. While I do not have delusions of grandeur I still look at the standings and watch the games and hope for something good to happen.

Having to watch Dan Johnson play first does not make me want to watch the White Sox until next April.

The results of PK getting hit don't change if Humber hits Smarj. All that does it make things worse for the Sox.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2012 -> 02:53 PM)
The results of PK getting hit don't change if Humber hits Smarj. All that does it make things worse for the Sox.

^^^

Humber had one chance to retaliate.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 18, 2012 -> 02:44 PM)
Didn't that end Kirby Puckett's career?

Sort of. He got glaucoma in his eye, he was knocked out the previous season from a fastball in the face

Samarj should have been ejected. The umpires blew that one.

Guy hits home run and colorful pitcher hits batter in the face the next at bat?

I do wish we'd have drilled him instead of throwing at the other Cub, but at least Humber threw at one of them.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 18, 2012 -> 02:56 PM)

I do wish we'd have drilled him instead of throwing at the other Cub, but at least Humber threw at one of them.

No, they shouldn't have. It's wasn't on purpose.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 18, 2012 -> 02:56 PM)

You need a new hobby

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 18, 2012 -> 02:40 PM)
WGN showing Jake kinda arguing with AJ on the bench. Their guess is AJ told Peavy to calm down a bit with his s*** talking to Samardzja

Matt Spiegel ‏@MattSpiegel670

That was definitely a "shut the f%#$ up" from Peavy to AJ. Speaks for so many.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 18, 2012 -> 02:56 PM)
Ok, so I just thought of something funny. What if Samardzija comes up to bat, Humber gets an 0-2 count, and then AJ wants tons of curveballs in the dirt so if he swings and misses and has to run to 1st, AJ just throws a strike to the back of his head.

That would be kind of interesting.

I said something about AJ someone getting into the mix somehow. Just the meathead in me.

Beat the f***s and call it a day.

Edited by Harry Chappas