Sox vs. Mariners

Heads22

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Konerko, who is hitless in 10 at-bats in this weekend series, is not in the Chicago White Sox lineup Sunday for the finale against the Seattle Mariners.

Adam Dunn is at first base, with Dayan Viciedo as the DH. Leadoff hitter Alejandro De Aza also gets a rest, with Brent Lillibridge taking his spot. It is also a day of rest for third baseman Orlando Hudson.

The lineup behind Chris Sale:

Lillibridge, cf

Beckham, 2b

Dunn, 1b

Viciedo, DH

Rios, rf

Fukudome, lf

Ramirez, ss

Flowers, c

Escobar, 3b

Sale, p

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 3, 2012 -> 09:26 AM)
Paul Konerko, who is hitless in 10 at-bats in this weekend series, is not in the Chicago White Sox lineup Sunday for the finale against the Seattle Mariners.

Adam Dunn is at first base, with Dayan Viciedo as the DH. Leadoff hitter Alejandro De Aza also gets a rest, with Brent Lillibridge taking his spot. It is also a day of rest for third baseman Orlando Hudson.

Lillibridge, cf

Beckham, 2b

Dunn, 1b

Viciedo, DH

Rios, rf

Fukudome, lf

Ramirez, ss

Flowers, c

Escobar, 3b

Sale, p

Can we just DFA Dome if he has an O'fer today? I feel like we're going to try too hard to get something out of this guy, who has nothing left, when we should be getting a look at Jordan Danks.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 3, 2012 -> 10:26 AM)

Lillibridge, cf

Beckham, 2b

Dunn, 1b

Viciedo, DH

Rios, rf

Fukudome, lf

Ramirez, ss

Flowers, c

Escobar, 3b

Sale, p

Oy...that lineup sucks.

Oh well, gotta give guys like De Aza a rest. That guy's been playing non-stop for like 3 weeks now.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 3, 2012 -> 10:54 AM)
Can we just DFA Dome if he has an O'fer today? I feel like we're going to try too hard to get something out of this guy, who has nothing left, when we should be getting a look at Jordan Danks.

Totally agree. In his limited ABs, he's hitting .171 this year. Just seems like a wasted roster spot.

I'm not a fan of taking the bat out of Jordan Danks' hands when he was finally hitting his stride. He's not too old to be a prospect, might as well let him hit the rest of the season down in AAA

If you'll allow me to fall into negative mode (aka normal mode): Have your 9 game streak snapped by an inferior team and scored 8 runs and STILL lost. Put out a Sunday line up that will possibly (probably) lose you 2 of 3 against an inferior team. Followed by an off day? They better destroy Toronto on Tuesday or I start fretting again haha.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 3, 2012 -> 11:18 AM)
I feel a big game for Lexi today. I'm calling for a 3/4 day with a HR.

Sounds good to me.

Verlander in trouble early.

The mortality of he and Papa Fatass this year will go a long way toward making us division champs.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 3, 2012 -> 10:58 AM)
I'm not a fan of taking the bat out of Jordan Danks' hands when he was finally hitting his stride. He's not too old to be a prospect, might as well let him hit the rest of the season down in AAA

Three years in AAA, he's finally figured it out, or maxed out as he should, but still has the glaring K weakness. There's nothing left for him to prove down there, IMO. More AB's won't get him closer to handling MLB pitching - he needs to learn here now, going forward. JMO. I think Jordan's a bench player, but still an upgrade over Dome in several ways. Can play all three OF positions/has much more pop.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 3, 2012 -> 01:22 PM)
If you'll allow me to fall into negative mode (aka normal mode): Have your 9 game streak snapped by an inferior team and scored 8 runs and STILL lost. Put out a Sunday line up that will possibly (probably) lose you 2 of 3 against an inferior team. Followed by an off day? They better destroy Toronto on Tuesday or I start fretting again haha.

This Seattle team did just score 31 runs in 2 games against the best team in the AL...you think Texas fans are fretting??