2012-2013 Official NHL thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 10:12 AM)
Hawks game was great last night. Clearly Toews showed concussion syndromes after getting rattled all night. He wanted to come back in, but they wouldn't let him.

I wonder if they will play him regardless of whether he passes any tests.

Also a key, he's missed SIGNIFICANT time previously due to concussions. Hopefully this is not an injury that shapes his long-term future.

If it's a concussion issue, no way he should play tomorrow, and likely not game 7 either. It sucks, but you can't mess around with it. He already said this year that last year he shouldn't have been playing in the playoffs.

I'm hoping it's a neck injury or something that he can just play through, but I'll be pretty pissed off if he does have a concussion and they let him play. This shouldn't/can't be his choice. I don't care what he wants to do. See: Crosby, Sidney.

If they do the bolded, that's completely f***ing stupid.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 04:53 PM)
If it's a concussion issue, no way he should play tomorrow, and likely not game 7 either. It sucks, but you can't mess around with it. He already said this year that last year he shouldn't have been playing in the playoffs.

I'm hoping it's a neck injury or something that he can just play through, but I'll be pretty pissed off if he does have a concussion and they let him play. This shouldn't/can't be his choice. I don't care what he wants to do. See: Crosby, Sidney.

If they do the bolded, that's completely f***ing stupid.

Obviously. I was just pointing out that he probably has a concussion.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 05:58 PM)

There's no indication that he isn't traveling with the team. He was on the bench the whole period. It looked like a likely concussion but there's really no evidence of that based on the team's handling of the situation. He was apparently posing with fans for pictures after the game.

QUOTE (G&T @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 07:15 PM)
There's no indication that he isn't traveling with the team. He was on the bench the whole period. It looked like a likely concussion but there's really no evidence of that based on the team's handling of the situation. He was apparently posing with fans for pictures after the game.

Sitting on the bench with all the bright lights and noise probably isn't the best way to treat a concussion, so I agree that it might be something different. They usually take those guys into a dark quiet room.

I enjoyed that Julien called Bergeron's injury a "body" injury.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 07:18 PM)
Sitting on the bench with all the bright lights and noise probably isn't the best way to treat a concussion, so I agree that it might be something different. They usually take those guys into a dark quiet room.

I enjoyed that Julien called Bergeron's injury a "body" injury.

It's a very bad way of treating it. It's just weird because it has to be something serious enough that they wouldn't play him even up 1, but didn't just leave him in the locker room. Which, as Kyle said, is actually consistent with a stinger. Reinjury risk is high right after the first occurrence.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 02:01 PM)
Anyone who thought there would be a suspension is delusional.

A stick to the mouth is high sticking. Swinging a stick and connecting to the face is totally different.

Shots to the head had been a big thing this year for the NHL. Apparently no more.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 05:58 PM)

I know you don't think that. I just ended up using your post to lay out my whole opinion.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 07:23 PM)
Maybe Toews had a neck stinger. If you watch that video of him on the bench, he cranes his neck back and forth, like he is testing it

That's what I've been hoping. Who knows.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jun 24, 2013 -> 06:54 AM)
Every check of Bergeron for the rest of the series needs to be led with a knee or the butt end of the stick to the midsection.

I doubt he is even playing.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 24, 2013 -> 11:11 AM)
@ESPN_Burnside

Jonathan Toews not only on the ice for pre-game skate but looking none the worse for wear. View from the peanut gallery to be sure but fwiw.

No way it wasn't a stinger. He's fine.