Sox. Brewers. Gamethread. part 2

Kyyle23

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 02:12 PM)
Kinda...he's useful, quickc and plays good defense around the IF. Big benefit with him is that he's cheap for the next 2-3 years too. Utility guys are pretty easy to find so it's not a big loss, but at least saves a little bit of money having him.

Isn't Kuhn the same thing?

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 04:11 PM)
Could be Jordan Dunks.

That would be terrible.

And of course Hudson is going to stay on the roster if we trade Escobar or Lilli. He's nice depth especially if Youk gets hurt which is surprisingly likely.

Multiple media outlets are reporting that the White Sox have traded for Kevin Youkilis.

In terms of fantasy benefit, this couldn't have turned out much better for all parties involved. Dealing Youkilis allows the Red Sox to install Will Middlebrooks as their everyday third baseman (which they basically already had). In Chicago, Youkilis will man the hot corner everyday and be in a position to drive in plenty of runs.

Rotoworld

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 05:13 PM)
Isn't Kuhn the same thing?

I don't think Kuhn is as useful on defense as Escobar, but might be better with the bats. I'd rather have the defense on the bench personally in the AL.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 02:14 PM)
I don't think Kuhn is as useful on defense as Escobar, but might be better with the bats. I'd rather have the defense on the bench personally in the AL.

True. But it's not like we' re give up extreme value and if youk bounces back we are sitting pretty.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 04:15 PM)
I'm glad Hawk has changed his tune about Gomez since his Minnesota days. I remember he'd drool over that guy. At least he's finally realized he'll never be any good.

Nice to see him not gushing over him as much. He still is talking up his speed repeatedly, however.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 05:15 PM)
I'm glad Hawk has changed his tune about Gomez since his Minnesota days. I remember he'd drool over that guy. At least he's finally realized he'll never be any good.

He still compliments his speed a ton.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 05:16 PM)
True. But it's not like we' re give up extreme value and if youk bounces back we are sitting pretty.

Out of the possible pieces here, Stewart's the only one who could really come back and be something useful if Boston can develop his sinker.

QUOTE (MAX @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 04:16 PM)
Nice to see him not gushing over him as much. He still is talking up his speed repeatedly, however.

Yeah, he loves his speed, and that's about it. When Gomez was with the Twins, Hawk would talk him up like he was the second coming of Roberto Clemente. The best part was when he'd talk about him and his stat line would come on the screen: ".233, 3 HR, 14 RBI, .267 OBP." WHAT A GREAT PLAYER.