AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 07:23 PM)
What happened to everyone's assumptions about Rios' attitude and lack of passion affecting his game? Is it possible he just has some years where his bat is a noodle and some years where it's perfectly fine? Like many players.

Well, yeah, maybe. In the on deck circle this year, he looks like he's just itchin' to get to the dish, instead of looking like he's bummed about missing his favorite rerun of Glee.

Maybe no difference, but it seems like he cares more.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 07:22 PM)
Quitana :headbang

Escobar :headbang

Rios :headbang

Reed :headbang

Bruney :headbang

Williams :headbang

Youkillis :headbang

1st place :headbang

Beckham :headbang

De Aza :headbang

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 08:23 PM)
What happened to everyone's assumptions about Rios' attitude and lack of passion affecting his game? Is it possible he just has some years where his bat is a noodle and some years where it's perfectly fine? Like many players.

Looser clubhouse.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 08:24 PM)
- 98% of Soxtalk 4 weeks ago

First of all, he's not going to keep up an ERA of 1.25 as a starting pitcher because nobody has done that for a very long time. Second of all, he's made 6 starts. Before we make proclamations of how good a pitcher is, perhaps we should wait more than 6 starts. I love what Quintana is doing as much as you or him or her or anybody else on this board, but just give it a bit of time.

We are a hard group to please, us White Sox fans. Why have a sour outlook for Quintana? Can he face another 96 guys straight without giving up a walk? Probably not. Can he continue with his microscopic ERA? Probably not. But he has shown that he can pitch, and he's done a fantastic job filling in for Danks. I'm a believer, but I know he's going to give up some runs and he'll eventually walk a guy. Let's be thankful that we had a guy like this to fill in for Danks.

And, Rios, holy crap what a catch.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 09:45 PM)
First of all, he's not going to keep up an ERA of 1.25 as a starting pitcher because nobody has done that for a very long time. Second of all, he's made 6 starts. Before we make proclamations of how good a pitcher is, perhaps we should wait more than 6 starts. I love what Quintana is doing as much as you or him or her or anybody else on this board, but just give it a bit of time.

It would be almost impossible for him to keep up his current pace, but wow, has he been impressive.

One concern I have is his next start. Wouldn't that be in the Yankee series this weekend? Maybe he has some extra nerves due to facing his former team, wanting to show them that they made a mistake. On the other hand, maybe he really does show his former team something.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 08:58 AM)
It would be almost impossible for him to keep up his current pace, but wow, has he been impressive.

One concern I have is his next start. Wouldn't that be in the Yankee series this weekend? Maybe he has some extra nerves due to facing his former team, wanting to show them that they made a mistake. On the other hand, maybe he really does show his former team something.

I have yet to see proof that Quintana has any nerves.

Even with all the talk of YOOOOOUUUUUUK coming to the South Side, one should be reminded of 2 pretty damn good plays and 1 fantastic play by O-Dawg yesterday. Of course, he spit the bit in the bottom of the ninth, but he had three nice stops in the field. So here's to you, O-Dawg, I hope you can live with your IF UTIL role starting today.

As an aside...Dunn is playing a pretty good 1B when he's in there.

Edited by CanOfCorn

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 09:54 AM)
Watched the game. Liked it a lot. I thought it was great to see Quintana's father in the stands cheering him. Columbia must be proud. We got a real good arm in the Q

Colombia, too!

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 09:54 AM)
Watched the game. Liked it a lot. I thought it was great to see Quintana's father in the stands cheering him. Columbia must be proud. We got a real good arm in the Q

Yeah if he can make it in from Columbia, I dont' want to hear any b****ing about a few hundred miles of a commute to the ballpark from you sissies!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 10:52 AM)
Yeah if he can make it in from Columbia, I dont' want to hear any b****ing about a few hundred miles of a commute to the ballpark from you sissies!

Yeah, but he got free tickets.

The White Sox and Brewers played two 1-0 games over the weekend, with both games going 10 innings. The Brewers won on Friday with Zack Greinke getting the win with nine scoreless innings, and the White Sox won on Sunday as rookie Jose Quintana tossed eight scoreless frames for the second straight start. According to ESPN Stats & Information, the last time teams split 1-0 extra-inning games in the same series was 1975, when the Giants and Phillies did so. In those games, Giants starters Ed Halicki (10.2 innings) and John Montefusco (10 innings) both went the distance. Yes, I just wanted to mention John Montefusco.
Fun