2012-2013 NBA thread

You're missing the point. It'd be silly to put LeBron on Rose for the duration. That's a weapon you go to late when it's close. And sorry. LeBron did shut Rose down last year. I don't know what you saw.

I saw a D.Rose that did not play well at all in that series. He was crappy when Mike Bibby was on him. It was hardly just Lebron that made him play bad.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 06:37 PM)
It's just crazy to think that Lebron signed for a smaller contract than Derrick. I love my boy D.Rose but come on...the best player in the NBA is getting paid less. Its a little ridiculous.

And Joe Johnson's contract blows Derrick's and Lebrons out of the water too. Lebron had to take less in order to leave Cleveland. Thems the rules. And that rule I like.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 05:34 PM)
I think the doctors know when its best for him to come back. Sitting out a full year just because is not good for his recovery. His muscles will begin to deteriorate, he'll become weaker, he might never regain his bounce that way.

Did I say sit him in a wheelchair and dont let him rehabilitate and watch him atrophy? No, i didnt. He will be in an aggressive rehab program as soon as he can be, but he needs to be on the court when he is able to be, not when people say he "could" come back

And Joe Johnson's contract blows Derrick's and Lebrons out of the water too. Lebron had to take less in order to leave Cleveland. Thems the rules. And that rule I like.

Do you like the Derrick Rose rule? I think its crappy.

Did I say sit him in a wheelchair and dont let him rehabilitate and watch him atrophy? No, i didnt. He will be in an aggressive rehab program as soon as he can be, but he needs to be on the court when he is able to be, not when people say he "could" come back

Why should we listen to you at all in regards to when Rose should be back and when he should not be back? Let the professionals handle it, dude. He'll be back on the court when the doctors and medical trainers think its appropriate.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 06:40 PM)
Do you like the Derrick Rose rule? I think its crappy.

1. Yes I like the Derrick Rose Rule. It hurts the Bulls a little bit, but they got 4 years of him being incredibly underpaid for his performance level.

2. I also like the rule where a player can be paid the most if he stays with the franchise that drafted him.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 05:38 PM)
I saw a D.Rose that did not play well at all in that series. He was crappy when Mike Bibby was on him. It was hardly just Lebron that made him play bad.

It was the heat defense collapsing on Rose and doubling him when he had the ball. They focused their entire defense on shutting Rose down. And it worked, because the Heat D is pretty damn good. And it didnt help that Korver couldnt hit a shot to save his life

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 05:38 PM)

6'8 athletic freak of nature with good lateral quickness and a 40 inch vertical definitely played a big role in Rose's 30% shooting. Bibby? Really?

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 05:41 PM)
Why should we listen to you at all in regards to when Rose should be back and when he should not be back? Let the professionals handle it, dude. He'll be back on the court when the doctors and medical trainers think its appropriate.

No no no the professionals should listen to me

It was the heat defense collapsing on Rose and doubling him when he had the ball. They focused their entire defense on shutting Rose down. And it worked, because the Heat D is pretty damn good. And it didnt help that Korver couldnt hit a shot to save his life

damn right. That I agree with. A lot of people on the Bulls played crappy in that series. And everything came together perfectly for the Heat.

Remember back when you said everything has to come together perfectly for the Bulls to be able to beat the Heat? Well, everything came together perfectly for the Heat in that series. The only one who played kinda bad was Wade. But Bosh made up for it by killing us, and even Miller and Haslem contributed when it as needed

6'8 athletic freak of nature with good lateral quickness and a 40 inch vertical definitely played a big role in Rose's 30% shooting. Bibby? Really?

But Rose played bad in that entire series, and Lebron was barely even on him. How do you explain that? Rose was just bad, he was bad regardless of who guarded him.

1. Yes I like the Derrick Rose Rule. It hurts the Bulls a little bit, but they got 4 years of him being incredibly underpaid for his performance level.

2. I also like the rule where a player can be paid the most if he stays with the franchise that drafted him.

But why do you like it if it hurts the team? I mean, it doesn't matter to me if some guy makes 95 million or 85 million. He's rich either way.

I just really don't get the Derrick Rose rule, to me its just another thing that hamstrings us

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 05:45 PM)
But Rose played bad in that entire series, and Lebron was barely even on him. How do you explain that? Rose was just bad, he was bad regardless of who guarded him.

No, LeBron was on him frequently in 4th quarters. Rose could not get by LeBron.

Rose could get by Lebron, but he ran into a wall of help defense in the paint.

I saw a guy total up the amount of minutes Lebron was on Rose in the ECF, it it totaled up to about 3 minutes.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 06:03 PM)
Rose could get by Lebron, but he ran into a wall of help defense in the paint.

I saw a guy total up the amount of minutes Lebron was on Rose in the ECF, it it totaled up to about 3 minutes.

Still, some doubt may be creeping in. Chicago had its chances, and knew it, but was unable to take advantage of a largely off night by Wade. Rose was guarded in the game's biggest minutes by James, and the MVP past had the upper hand against the MVP present.

"It's extremely hard," Rose acknowledged, "when a 6-8 guy can easily defend you."

This was after game 4. Your guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

This was after game 4. Your guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

Rose can blow past ANYONE, it takes a team effort to actually stop him. Heat brought the help defense to wall him off in the paint. It was a team effort. I hate when people say it was just Lebron that stopped Rose.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 06:15 PM)
Rose can blow past ANYONE, it takes a team effort to actually stop him. Heat brought the help defense to wall him off in the paint. It was a team effort. I hate when people say it was just Lebron that stopped Rose.

Any great player can blow past any great player. But the man himself basically said that I've got this 6'8 bear on me and I can't shake him.

Just read an article on ESPN basically saying that Brooklyn is going to need a miracle to get Dwight. Apparently they gave some foreigner (Teletov?) the full MLE, so they can't have their team salary over the tax level. So even if Orlando will take their mediocre trade offer, they probably don't have the salary room unless some of the numbers are wrong.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 04:42 PM)

Derrick in that series needed to learn to be a point guard. He had trouble running the offense. Sure, a SG that was a true scorer would have helped but when it came down to it between the coaches and the point guard we just quit moving the ball and had Rose try to create by himself whenever the play mattered. We have good catch and score players like Luol and great post passers in Boozer and Noah and none of those things were utilized. Sure, Korver missed some shots, but the sets were so predictable. Ball didn't move in that series -- we basically tried to out-superstar them with our 1 against their 3...of course that wouldn't work. This is why sometimes we'd see us go on runs w/o Derrick in the game...without him on the court everyone was more willing to move the ball because they weren't taking the ball out of the hand of the high-volume shooter.

I really think we had a chance to beat the Heat this year and the Heat only confirmed it with how close they played some of those series. We will never know though because our backcourt was never healthy once all year and we probably won't see those two together ever again. It'd be nice if Rip had a revival this year but it's wishful thinking to think Derrick will recover enough for it to matter (this season). And I think we'd have to win a championship to see Rip in a Bulls uni after next season.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 10:18 PM)
Just read an article on ESPN basically saying that Brooklyn is going to need a miracle to get Dwight. Apparently they gave some foreigner (Teletov?) the full MLE, so they can't have their team salary over the tax level. So even if Orlando will take their mediocre trade offer, they probably don't have the salary room unless some of the numbers are wrong.

I hope this is true. I would love to see Dwight sulk when he doesn't get his way. He is BY FAR the biggest baby in sports.

That foreigner is apparently the highest scoring forward in Euro league. Dead eye 3pt shooter