2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 4, 2012 -> 09:52 PM)
You're Roger from angels in the outfield. That's fine. But c'mon. Gasol/Bynum have a massive advantage inside. Kobe is Kobe. Now they've got Nash? It's not close.

Nash is 62 years old. I give this a big yawn unless they get Howard. Thunder still the team to beat in the West.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're Roger from angels in the outfield. That's fine. But c'mon. Gasol/Bynum have a massive advantage inside. Kobe is Kobe. Now they've got Nash? It's not close.

Rose owns Nash, and Kobe is nothing but a chucker that stifles his teams offense these days.

Bulls a much better team

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 4, 2012 -> 09:55 PM)
Nash is 62 years old. I give this a big yawn unless they get Howard. Thunder still the team to beat in the West.

2nd in the league in assists, 54% from the field, nearly 40% from the line. Now he's got 3 all-stars to play with. let it go.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 4, 2012 -> 09:57 PM)
2nd in the league in assists, 54% from the field, nearly 40% from the line. Now he's got 3 all-stars to play with. let it go.

And that equated to how many wins? Not saying he sucks, but this isn't MVP Nash. He'll get destroyed by Westbrook if they make it that far. And with Kobe hogging the ball it won't be the run and gun Suns.

If the Bulls were healthy, they might have won it all this year. Rose, Deng and Noah all hurt. Nothing they can do about Rose's knee except wait. They aren't going to win a title in 2012-13. Nash is still surprising effective but his age has to catch up to him sometime, plus he's Boozeresque on the defensive end. I think this gives the Lakers one last shot with Kobe (who also has a lot of mileage on him) but I wouldn't make them the favorites. I still think OKC will kick their ass.

They'll be fun to watch next year, for sure.

I'm starting to believe that luck with injuries is the biggest determinating factor between having a terrible season and winning a championship, not stuff like 'having good players' or 'having a good team'. Last year I thought the Clips would be really good. But then Billups got hurt and they just never put it together.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 4, 2012 -> 09:57 PM)

This. Anyone who thinks Nash is done needs to open their eyes. The guy keeps himself in awesome shape. Huge get for Lakers. He still has a few years left.

Still think one of Bynum/Gasol is gone though.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 4, 2012 -> 10:16 PM)
Well, if the Heat get Ray Allen, it won't matter much. Still, I've had enough of this crap. The Lakers do what they do, fine. But I'm sick of the excuses for the Bulls (balta).

Yes, if only the Bulls had pulled off a sign and trade for a PG in his late 30's, they'd be the top of the league this year.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 07:09 AM)
This. Anyone who thinks Nash is done needs to open their eyes. The guy keeps himself in awesome shape. Huge get for Lakers. He still has a few years left.

Still think one of Bynum/Gasol is gone though.

He's clearly not done...but it remains to be seen how much he can bring to a Lakers team that really is bereft of youth.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 4, 2012 -> 10:49 PM)
If the Bulls were healthy, they might have won it all this year. Rose, Deng and Noah all hurt.

The one constant is Rose, Deng, and Noah not being 100% at critical times. This is because we go for best record in the league each year and ride our horses 40+ minutes and they break down.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 08:22 AM)
The one constant is Rose, Deng, and Noah not being 100% at critical times. This is because we go for best record in the league each year and ride our horses 40+ minutes and they break down.

Rose's knee was a fluke. He was hurt all season with various ailments. Noah was fairly healthy and screwed up his ankle or the Bulls probably at least beat Philly. I don't think you can blame Deng's wrist problem on too many minutes. The Bulls do have a roster that is lined with players who spend a lot of time unavailable to play for a good portion of their careers. Rose just this past season and obviously next, Noah, Deng, Rip, Boozer (except for this past season) you can pretty much count on to spend some time on the injured list next season. I think the question is do the Bulls have a roster that is capable of staying healthy all year and remaining so for a playoff run? Next season is a wash away season anyway. No sense the Bulls do something that might prevent them from a big move when Deng comes off and Boozer is sent packing.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 08:22 AM)

I don't think any of the injuries this year were due to heavy work loads. Rose played 30 something games and was well rested, Deng injured his wrist early on and Noah just landed on his foot awkwardly on a breakaway. All of those injuries could have happened during training camp.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 09:17 AM)
Oh please. Tell me how many wins Nash is really worth. 5? 8? They're still behind the Thunder.

Nash put up historic numbers when the 2nd best player on the roster was f***ing Marcin Gortat. The Lakers held a parade when the acquired Ramon f***ing Sessions.

Nash is going to take the Lakers to another level, and also take a lot of the ballhandling pressure off of Kobe.

That's certainly a good start.

OKC, no. They lost in 5 against the Heat just like we did and they play sucky defense

Lakers, no. They have a ton of holes, and no bench.

Heat, maybe. It's close. We can beat them.