2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2012 -> 12:59 PM)
Ray Allen to the Heat at the price makes the NBA kinda laughable. If this is the way of the NBA the next many seasons, count me out. Why not just have every good player go to Miami and play for the league minimum?

Pat Riley and his beaches are making a mockery of the sport I love.

Thank God for the White Sox and the Bears and the Blackhawks.

Really? Hes about to be 37 and is on his last legs. Wasn't the money difference like 3 million? This is better than people chasing the money, at least they are chasing titles.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 7, 2012 -> 06:58 PM)
If he's on his last legs, the offensive numbers certainly don't show it. He's just about as efficient and as good a 3pt threat as he's ever been...

Ray Allen can still ball. He was hurt last year, especially in the playoffs. If he's relatively healthy, it's a wrap. I can't come up with any scenario outside of multiple injuries in which the Heat don't at least get back to the finals next year.

I feel like Hinrich will look actually decent under Thibs.

Also, if they pay Korver and match Asik...

PG - Hinrich/Teague

SG - Hamilton/Korver

SF - Deng/Butler

PF - Boozer/Gibson

C - Noah/Asik

...they're going for it when Rose returns.

They are really banking on Rose have an amazing recovery.

It's a nice move as long as Kirk is healthy. In a worse or poor case scenario, he'd probably have trade value at this salary after the season if he shows he's still capable of playing.

He also provides depth at the 2 if you want a strong defender on a 2 guard that isn't too big (Wade?)

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 04:10 PM)
Poor DBAHO. Seemed like Magic fans thought they'd get a lot for Anderson.

Ayon's actually an ok center.

As for the Hornets, that roster is starting to take some shape.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 06:03 PM)
Ayon's actually an ok center (on a fantasy team).

As for the Hornets, that roster is starting to take some shape.

Fixed.

Anywho, not thrilled with Hinrich, but it's better than nothing. In a way, he's similar to Watson, but better defensively. Not as electric on offense, but as long as he can stay healthy, he's a welcomed addition at a low cost. He'll hit the open 3's, play great defense, and be a good leader. And with how well the Bulls move the ball anyway, he doesn't have to be a "true" point guard. And you have to think that between Rose and Hinrich, Marquis Teague has two damn good mentors.