2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 09:58 PM)
I don't remember CJ being electric on offense, ever. All he can do is hit the occasional 3. He can't do anything else.

Well occasionally he can hit 3 or 4 occasional 3's in a row. He's a hell of a backup.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 11:11 PM)
Kirky can do the same thing, and much more. Kirks FAAAR better playoff performance history is reason alone to prefer him over C.J., who's been nothing but a playoff choker.

Kirk Hinrich can't explode for 30-40 on any given night.

Come on son...in what world is CJ going to score 30-40 points?

He's been an inefficient scorer for the Bulls, he might score that many if he played starter minutes and took 25 shots per game.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 11:48 PM)
Come on son...in what world is CJ going to score 30-40 points?

He's been an inefficient scorer for the Bulls, he might score that many if he played starter minutes and took 25 shots per game.

Denver two years ago. JL3 missed 2 free throws, Melo hits game winning three.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 12:38 AM)
Yeah that was one measly game. Given a large enough sample size and starter minutes, I'm sure Hinrich can manage a once-in-a-lifetime 30 point effort too.

Have you ever actually watched CJ Watson play? This is a serious question.

Hinrich's never done this:

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 07:10 AM)
Poor DBAHO. Seemed like Magic fans thought they'd get a lot for Anderson.

Yep we're officially in re-building mode now.

That's what happens when Otis Smith puts you in cap hell I suppose.

Ryan Anderson and Jeff Green are both getting 4/34 apparently, I know which one I'd certainly rather.

The Hornets with Davis, Gordon and Anderson suddenly look like a potential playoff team IMO. Could be the next OKC to emerge from the doldrums potentially.

Have to say I'm suprised we didn't at least get a future 1st out of this though.

Ayon is cheap and will be a decent enough backup big.

Listen, I'm willing to admit that many of us became jaded when it comes to CJ because of the way he played hurt.

When healthy, he was a competent backup. That doesn't change the fact that he really wasn't the best fit -- he was a terrible defender and far too high volume of a shooter. Sometimes he would make up for poor shot selection with the ability to make shots, sure. However, I feel like that just isn't what we want on a Thibodeau type of team. Kirk isn't exactly John Stockton, but I trust him to be a more team-oriented leader on offense, still knock down open jumpers when needed, and play far better defense than any of last year's point guards.

I also believe we'll see Kirk play the 2, particularly when the opposing 2 is 6'5" or less. He can get a few extra minutes by being on the court at the same time as Teague and being a more defense-oriented 2 when the situation calls for it. We saw this in the early days of Rose's career as well. Ideally, it'd be like having a Keith Bogans that has offensive game...but I don't know if Kirk still has it on D, we'll see

I think the fact that we're debating who's better between Kirk Hinrich and CJ Watson shows what a sad state of affairs the 2012/13 Chicago Bulls really are going to be.

It feels like we've regressed about 5 years with this signing, but that really had already happened the moment Derrick tore his ACL. The Bulls are maxed out and built poorly around Rose and it showed in the playoffs last year. We basically became the LeBron James Cavaliers, and our star isn't as good as James was even in those days.

Thank God the league on the whole is entertaining to watch, because next year for the Bulls is going to be rough. You aren't winning an NBA Championship with a healthy Derrick Rose and a 45 year old Rip Hamilton at the 2, unless you have a superstar up front which the Bulls don't. They are poorly built and need contracts to go away. Hopefully Derrick can have some longevity, but with one bum wheel already chances are the Bulls are pretty f***ed and won't see a title anytime soon.

And with zero work put in and some risky trades, the Mad Russian has built a long-term Championship contender (assuming it goes through). I hate the NBA one post after saying I like it.

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports is reporting that the "tentacles" of a 14-player trade involving Dwight Howard are in place and that a deal involving three, or possibly four, teams could be in the works very soon.

While all the particulars are not yet known, the deal could go down as soon as Monday where Brook Lopez, additional players and multiple draft picks may be going to Orlando, Kris Humphries and a potential pick could be on their way to Cleveland and MarShon Brooks possibly entering the fray as a trade chip going to a fourth team to make the deal work financially. The deal would gut the Nets roster of players, but it would get them to their end goal of finally getting Howard in a Brooklyn uniform. Sources have also said that Magic brass are set for a Monday meeting at 9 am ET to see if this is truly the deal they want to make. The nation's Dwightmare may be close to coming to an end in short order. Stay tuned.

Seriously, some dumb team is always willing to jump in to make things work to create super teams. If the moronic f***ing Minnesota Twimberwolves don't s*** themselves to acquire Michael f***ing Beasley, the summer that shan't be named never happens.

Now this - the s***ty Cavaliers (a team that should know better) are hopping in to help Dwight get to f***ing Brooklyn.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 09:10 AM)
Seriously, some dumb team is always willing to jump in to make things work to create super teams. If the moronic f***ing Minnesota Twimberwolves don't s*** themselves to acquire Michael f***ing Beasley, the summer that shan't be named never happens.

Now this - the s***ty Cavaliers (a team that should know better) are hopping in to help Dwight get to f***ing Brooklyn.

The league, and s***ty teams like the cavaliers, make more money when there are things like the Heat, Lakers, Nets drawing crowds. If they can't have a #1 seed themselves, then they can keep their salary low and fatten up on revenue sharing.

Have you ever actually watched CJ Watson play? This is a serious question.

Hinrich's never done this:

Nothing he did in Golden State matters. It's golden state.

Watson has never shot even 50% TS% in a Bulls uniform. He sucks. Period, end of story.

Let him go back to Golden State and chuck to his hearts content. That way you can be really impressed by how many PPG he scores, and we won't have to worry about his inability to run an offense or shoot efficiently in a Bulls uniform any more.

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 12:41 PM)
@WojYahooNBA

In proposed blockbuster, Orlando would send Dwight Howard, Jason Richardson and Earl Clark to Brooklyn, sources tell Y! Sports.

Jeez, Richardson is actually an ok fit for that team. Wow, the f***ing Nets are going to be damn good.

PG Deron Williams

SG Joe Johnson

SF Jason Richardson

PF Gerald Wallace

C Dwight Howard