2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 02:13 AM)
Didn't they agree to take a pay cut in order to pay together?

Yes. And also important...they removed everyone else on their roster other than Chalmers to be able to do that. If you wanted the Bulls to offer 2 max deals in addition to Rose...you have to renounce your rights to extend Gibson, otherwise his RFA cap hold would be too big to make the 2 other offers.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 10:16 AM)
I haven't watched much TV yesterday and just turned it on.. Are they really working on a trade now that would send Howard to the Lakers? And some of you guys wanna keep our core and wait for Derrick to get healthy? Wowza.

Yes, or we could go to the nba all star tree to go pick some all stars. Bulls have their hands tied right now with the cap. Rose being gone ruined the 2012-2013 season, there's no real reason to do anything else beside what they do.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 09:15 AM)
Today's version:"]Today's version of the Howard deal[/url]: 3 way setup with Bynum to the Rockets, draft picks from Rockets to Magic, Magic also get to clear Richardson's contract.

This is just overall a better setup for the Magic than anything either the Bulls or the Nets can put together.

Makes sense for everyone really.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 12:34 AM)
Your post made it seem like you were referring to the collective as eating "most" of the cap, not just one. My bad.

Why can't the Bulls sign three max contracts when Miami can?

Two things worked in their favor:

1) All three guys took less than the full max value. You can't count on guy giving up money though.

2) Even if they hadn't, they'd have still just barely been able to fit because they dumped literally every other player on the roster except Mario Chalmers, who was on a late-round rookie contract. You pretty much can't have anyone else on the roster making over a million bucks, the Bulls in this scenario would have Richardson, Kirk and Taj's qualifying offer.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 07:50 AM)
This is the NBA. If Love told the Wolves trade me to the Bulls, they pretty much have to.

Not really since he's under contract. Melo and Howard had leverage because their deal was expiring and they knew they were gone. This would be more like the Kobe scenario, where they can pretty much tell him to shut up and play. At that point his options are either do it or sit out in protest, which isn't terribly likely and would probably allow the T-Wolves to file some kind of grievance to not have to pay him.

I was mocking the idea of judging a guy on 5 summer league quarters. You might as well judge him on the length of his warm up pants.

uh, I wasn't judging him based on 5 summer league quarters? I was just stating a fact.

I can judge him based on his rookie season stats though, especially his shooting statistics, which were below average.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 10:45 AM)
uh, I wasn't judging him based on 5 summer league quarters? I was just stating a fact.

I can judge him based on his rookie season stats though, especially his shooting statistics, which were below average.

You do know rookies frequently get better, right?

He's not likely to be a star, but there are far worse players in the league and his contract is extremely reasonable.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 10:47 AM)
You do know rookies frequently get better, right?

He's not likely to be a star, but there are far worse players in the league and his contract is extremely reasonable.

The Bulls should cut Butler RIGHT NOW

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 09:17 AM)
LOL...

What do the Wolves have that we would want...?

Well, the reality is, if all the Bulls want to do is save money, anything (other then a big contract) is better then nothing.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 11:21 AM)
The Bulls are decimating the bench mob to stay under the luxury tax while matching Asik, bottom line

why do the bulls want to match asik? is it to trade him so they wont lose him for nothing ?

Why? He's an nba veteran and at least is a proven commodity. Another back up PG in case one of ours gets hurt wouldn't be so bad.

12 points/5 assists in 30 minutes on average efficiency

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 11:35 AM)
Why? He's an nba veteran and at least is a proven commodity. Another back up PG in case one of ours gets hurt wouldn't be so bad.

12 points/5 assists in 30 minutes on average efficiency

We already have our PG in Kirk, unfortunately.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 11:35 AM)

Proven at what? Being a turnstile? Im sure Thibs will love an undersized no defense PG