2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 07:31 AM)
so o.j. mayo to the mavs

The Mavs have made some truly intriguing moves. Darren Collison has shown flashes of brilliance (mostly the year he super-subbed for CP3), and OJ Mayo could flourish with other talent on the roster.

They also claimed Elton Brand off amnesty waivers and will only be hit with a $2.1 million cap for his services. He immediately goes from overpaid to a bargain. Then they add Chris Kaman?

I think the Mavericks are going to be a legitimate contender next year with the moves they've made.

Bleh. I'm less interested in how good the Mavs look and more interested in how bad WE look.

The inability to even have a meeting with Mayo is a huge black stain on this FO. If details come out of this signing and it turns out they gave him equal amount of money we would have been able to give him, there's no excuse for this failure

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 10:20 AM)
Bleh. I'm less interested in how good the Mavs look and more interested in how bad WE look.

The inability to even have a meeting with Mayo is a huge black stain on this FO. If details come out of this signing and it turns out they gave him equal amount of money we would have been able to give him, there's no excuse for this failure

How the f*** are the Bulls going to sign OJ Mayo? You don't live in reality, dude.

This is quite a change of tune from Mr "Lets stay the course, everything is fine, dont panic everyone"

How the f*** are the Bulls going to sign OJ Mayo? You don't live in reality, dude.

You don't live in reality apparently, because there were several reports for days that we were going after him.

How are we going to go after somebody we can't sign, DUDE?

This is quite a change of tune from Mr "Lets stay the course, everything is fine, dont panic everyone"

Not really...

There's no need to panic or to blow it all up like many people here want us to do, I just want some answers for why we couldn't attract Mayo. It might be as simple as FA's not wanting to come here because of Derrick Rose and Luol Dengs injuries.

The Bulls DID meet with Mayo in Vegas. And D Rose reached out to Mayo as well. We did try as a team, but it just didn't work out due to other factors.

Id rather we get someone who can play both SG/SF, I'm still not sold Deng will be back at the begining of the year so getting someone who can start at SF when he's gone and then backup at SG/replace Rip when Deng's back is more ideal. Someone like a Courtney Lee or a Gerald Green.

Pre Deng

Hinrich/Teague

Rip/Butler

Lee/Butler

Boozer/Taj

Noah/Asik

Post Deng/Pre Rose

Hinrich/Teague

Lee/Rip

Deng/Butler

Boozer/Taj

Noah/Asik

100%

Rose/Hinrich

Lee/Rip

Deng/Butler

Boozer/Taj

Noah/Asik

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 03:18 PM)
It's highly unlikely the Rockets will withdraw their (verbal) offer to Asik, that kinda stuff is really frowned upon

My understanding was that they woud sign Asik if the Knicks matched Lin. Maybe I miss understood, but I thought they were only doing one, not both. And getting Asik and Lin would severely hurt their ability to get Howard, unless they have abandoned that.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 03:18 PM)
It's highly unlikely the Rockets will withdraw their (verbal) offer to Asik, that kinda stuff is really frowned upon

I still don't know what the hell Morey is doing with that team.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 03:42 PM)
@jasonWSJ

Let this be a lesson to you kids: Don't ever play your heart out, pass the ball and transform a New York basketball team in two weeks!

Um that makes n sense.

Lin is getting paid tons of money for playing good for 2 weeks. The lesson is, hope that you play for the Knicks, get overrated and make bank.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 03:20 PM)
I still don't know what the hell Morey is doing with that team.

Seems like he's just trolling other teams in the NBA (Bulls/Knicks). Hope we don't sign Asik simply because of that

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 02:53 PM)
Seems like he's just trolling other teams in the NBA (Bulls/Knicks). Hope we don't sign Asik simply because of that

lol

You know there's some chance they could have shared this info with Omer -- ie "this offer only applies if we don't sign Lin"