2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 06:44 AM)
saw that dwight is ready to commit to an extension with the lakers, so assuming he goes to la(would be awesome): lebron/wade/bosh or kobe/dwight/gasol/nash?

I think next year might be the first I don't even watch till the Finals.

saw that dwight is ready to commit to an extension with the lakers, so assuming he goes to la(would be awesome): lebron/wade/bosh or kobe/dwight/gasol/nash?

Lakers, easily.

One thing I'll say, is that just seems to be a really strange core for the lakers. It might take a bit for that group to mesh. I can't decide if you'd see Howard flourish offensively with Nash or go Garnett and relish the opportunity to just focus on defense and defer offensively. But jesus, Howard and Gasol? who can compete with the two best 7 footers in the league...AND the best pure PG offensively...

And Kobe.

edit: apparently howard is only 6'11.

Edited by bmags

gimme the Lakers

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 10:17 AM)
One thing I'll say, is that just seems to be a really strange core for the lakers. It might take a bit for that group to mesh. I can't decide if you'd see Howard flourish offensively with Nash or go Garnett and relish the opportunity to just focus on defense and defer offensively. But jesus, Howard and Gasol? who can compete with the two best 7 footers in the league...AND the best pure PG offensively...

And Kobe.

edit: apparently howard is only 6'11.

I find it funny that people argue that today's era is so much better athletically (which makes the defense better) than the past, but Steve Nash is still so good. I think it's saying something that the best offensive PG in the league is some 38 year old white guy. But we're in a golden era for PGs!1!!!1 ZOMG

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 11:12 AM)
This superteams trend sucks for the NBA and their fans, pretty soon they'll be 4 or 5 really stacked teams and a bunch of overmatched teams. So much for parity.

If the Howard trade to Lakers happen really only 3 teams be worth watching and that's assuming Harden and Ibaka improve for the Thunder.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 11:12 AM)
This superteams trend sucks for the NBA and their fans, pretty soon they'll be 4 or 5 really stacked teams and a bunch of overmatched teams. So much for parity.

good luck to drose trying to win anything here

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 11:14 AM)
Nash/Kobe/MWP/Gasol/Howard would be sick! Hopefully they win the next 2 championships then old age hits them and its the Bulls turn to win a couple.

I would legitimately be rooting for the Heat if they meet in the finals if the Lakers land Howard.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 12:25 PM)
I would legitimately be rooting for the Heat if they meet in the finals if the Lakers land Howard.

The whole not 1, not 2, not 3, etc etc is still far more annoying to me then the Howard drama. The less the Heat win the happier I'll be.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 11:22 AM)
If they can add a really good SG in the next couple years then it can be done. IMO

Well he better be a top notch SG because superteams are throwing 4 premier players at you...LBJ, Wade, Bosh and Allen. Durant, Westbrook, Harden and if he continues to improve Ibaka. Kobe, Howard, Gasol and Nash.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 11:51 AM)
Allen is not a premier talent at this point in his career. He'll be a nice role player no different than Horry.

Except much better at making 3's.

Allen 35 y/o: 44.4%

Allen 36 y/o: 45.3%

Horry 35 y/o: 36.8%

Horry 36 y/o: 33.6%

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 11:51 AM)
Allen is not a premier talent at this point in his career. He'll be a nice role player no different than Horry.

Allen was injured during the playoffs, he's an upgrade from what the Heat had, he's still one of the best 3 point shooters in the NBA. He's more than a role player IMO. He's gonna get a ton of open looks and he scares me way more than Chalmers, Battier or Miller.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 12:47 PM)
Well he better be a top notch SG because superteams are throwing 4 premier players at you...LBJ, Wade, Bosh and Allen. Durant, Westbrook, Harden and if he continues to improve Ibaka. Kobe, Howard, Gasol and Nash.

Allen will be gone in a year or 2, Nash and maybe even Kobe will be gone in a year or 2, and I dont see OKC being able to keep both Harden and Ibaka.

And yes im talking top notch SG, like Ellis, Harden, Martin, or Steph Curry.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 06:00 PM)
Allen was injured during the playoffs, he's an upgrade from what the Heat had, he's still one of the best 3 point shooters in the NBA. He's more than a role player IMO. He's gonna get a ton of open looks and he scares me way more than Chalmers, Battier or Miller.

Ray Allen is 38 years old. I won't rely on him to be healthy unless he hires the phoenix medical staff and becomes vegan like nash and dudley. I didn't say Allen isn't good, but he's not premier anymore.