2012-2013 NBA thread

Mehh...there weren't any great SGs on the market this offseason, and we didn't have the cap money for them any way. The best SG was Ray Allen and he just wanted to go to Miami. Second best was Mayo but even he was a project type of player. He's never put up big stats in the NBA.

Bulls say they want to work on extending Taj now so I hope they do that. Let Asik walk, extend Taj, and I'll consider this offseason a C.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, for the whole MJ holding up 8 fingers, if not for Jerry Krause going insane and MJ's first retirement, my guess it the Bulls have 9.

Bulls beat '94 Rockets.

Bulls lose to '95 Rockets.

Bulls beat '99 Spurs

Bulls barely beat '00 Lakers, because those Lakers wouldn't have had Harper or Jackson. Mainly Jackson.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 04:29 PM)
Yeah, I'd rather have Hinrich than Lee. Lee is not that good. I wanted Mayo as a project player but Lee is no kind of answer for us, long term or short term. He's just gonna stand on the perimeter and wait for someone to toss him the ball just like a younger version of Bogans. Not a fan of his game.

Not a Lee fan as well, and I love Mayo. With that said, Lee would fit alot more to what the Bulls needed over Kirk Hinrich. Kirk Hinrich just dribbles the ball underneath the basket, then puts up a bad shot at the FT line or passes it to someone else for a bad shot. Lee has size, can shoot the three ball and is a better defender, right now, than KH.

Either way, us Bulls fans lost again.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 04:29 PM)
Yeah, I'd rather have Hinrich than Lee. Lee is not that good. I wanted Mayo as a project player but Lee is no kind of answer for us, long term or short term. He's just gonna stand on the perimeter and wait for someone to toss him the ball just like a younger version of Bogans. Not a fan of his game.

Except he's a much better shooter than Bogans.

Lee is a guy who can score his 12 points a game if you give him 25-30 minutes of play while not killing you on defense. He also doesn't chuck shots. The Bulls really don't have that in a SG unless you're talking about Rip, who always seems to be hurt.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 09:49 PM)
Not a Lee fan as well, and I love Mayo. With that said, Lee would fit alot more to what the Bulls needed over Kirk Hinrich. Kirk Hinrich just dribbles the ball underneath the basket, then puts up a bad shot at the FT line or passes it to someone else for a bad shot. Lee has size, can shoot the three ball and is a better defender, right now, than KH.

They only like Kirk because he can play the point badly and then move to SG to play badly.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 04:49 PM)

Its not a loss yet, there are still a ton of guys I'd be happy with.... Marco Bellinilli, Brandon Rush, Leandro Barbosa, Jodie Meeks, Willie Green, Michael Redd, or Mickeal Petrius would all be good fits.

If you are comparing Lee to Bogans, then you haven't watch Lee play or you forgot how terrible Bogans was. Lee is a decent defender in his own right and a very reliable three point shooter. The main difference is Bogans was so worthless on offense besides taking a corner three, and he wasn't even a good three point shooter to begin with. Lee is actually a pretty good player in transition because he is a good athlete and he finishes. He's not a great half court player, but definitely a lot better than Bogans.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 07:28 PM)
Lee's much better than Kirk... with Lee gone now i want some "PEACHES!"

I'm going to the country, going to eat a lot of peaches! :snr

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

If you are comparing Lee to Bogans, then you haven't watch Lee play or you forgot how terrible Bogans was. Lee is a decent defender in his own right and a very reliable three point shooter. The main difference is Bogans was so worthless on offense besides taking a corner three, and he wasn't even a good three point shooter to begin with. Lee is actually a pretty good player in transition because he is a good athlete and he finishes. He's not a great half court player, but definitely a lot better than Bogans.

The point is that they're both dependent on a play maker for their offense. We don't need another guy at SG who is wholly dependent on Rose. The whole point here is to UPGRADE the SG position and find a long term solution to grow beside Rose and take some of the pressure off him.

Courtney Lee is just a roleplayer.

Revenue of up to $100 million is expected when the league allows advertising on uniforms. The league projection could be adjusted as individual teams and manufacturers to sort through all the variables in play in the major change. Replica uniforms would also include the advertising patches, which would be patterned after professional basketball and soccer in Europe with explicit limitations.

$100 mil eh? hopefully this means enough cheddar to lower the average ticket price? ah, who am i kidding....

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 06:09 PM)
What a horrible idea...get ready for the uniforms to be completely ruined.

Eh, I don't know. i love Soccer jerseys. Is it any worse to have a nike patch?

Eh, I don't know. i love Soccer jerseys. Is it any worse to have a nike patch?

I hate that crap. I was just watching MLS a few days ago, the Fire were playing, and instead of it saying 'Fire' on their jerseys its said "Quakers". I was like..wtf? Wtf is Quakers? We're the Quakers now?

Turns out Quaker Oats sponsors their jerseys. How lame is that?

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 12:26 PM)
I hate that crap. I was just watching MLS a few days ago, the Fire were playing, and instead of it saying 'Fire' on their jerseys its said "Quakers". I was like..wtf? Wtf is Quakers? We're the Quakers now?

Turns out Quaker Oats sponsors their jerseys. How lame is that?

Its been that way in soccer all over the world for years, they dont seem to care now.