6/26/12 GT: Sox vs Twinks

Jake

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 01:39 PM)
So, Robin really is just going to f*** with Beckham.

Phenomenal.

If Beckham is so weak in the head that he can't handle being moved from 2nd to 9th in the lineup then he'll likely never meet the potential that we all initially thought he had. See the ball, hit the ball, regardless of your spot in the lineup.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (hawksox13 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 07:24 PM)
If Beckham is so weak in the head that he can't handle being moved from 2nd to 9th in the lineup then he'll likely never meet the potential that we all initially thought he had. See the ball, hit the ball, regardless of your spot in the lineup.

i don't think it's a huge deal, but Beckham was doing pretty well. He's almost back up to .250. Let's see if he can handle this or not.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 02:21 PM)
Welcome to the major leagues. God forbid Robin move a career .249 hitter out of the #2 to try and balance out the lineup more.

It never fails around here.

Personally, I would have put Youk at the bottom of the order and moved him up if he started to hit...no need to move Gordon until there is a reason to move him...but it's not the end of the world...Gordon has gone through a lot of adversity over the last few years. If hitting in a different spot in the order is going to sink his ship, I'd be shocked.

He hit the ball hard last night several times...I don't think he was too concerned.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 01:20 PM)
Thankfully I have plenty of crap on my DVR if this gets out of hand.

I usually will watch for an hour and if it's out of hand, last nights Colbert or Fallon usually is on the Hulu at that point

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 03:19 PM)
I believe not only is he 9 for his last 9 against Floyd, but Mauer has reached based against Gavin in 15 consecutive PAs. Oh my.

JoeChristensen ‏@JoeCStrib

Joe Mauer's plate appearances vs. Gavin Floyd since Aug. 12, 2010 : 4-3, 1B, IBB, IBB, 2B, 1B, HR, 1B, IBB, HR, 2B, 1B, HP, 1B, BB, IBB

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 02:34 PM)

Joe Mauer's plate appearances vs. Gavin Floyd since Aug. 12, 2010 : 4-3, 1B, IBB, IBB, 2B, 1B, HR, 1B, IBB, HR, 2B, 1B, HP, 1B, BB, IBB

Double ouch. Nothing but low curves G, and if you walk him, so be it.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 03:34 PM)

In a related story, they added a picture of Gavin Floyd to the dictionary under the entry for "Mauers b****".

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 02:39 PM)
In a related story, they added a picture of Gavin Floyd to the dictionary under the entry for "Mauers b****".

Good one.

And in an unrelated story, does everyone have the singles.net advert at the top of the page today?

How does that girl even stand up?

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 02:19 PM)
I believe not only is he 9 for his last 9 against Floyd, but Mauer has reached based against Gavin in 15 consecutive PAs. Oh my.

Okay, I'll play the optimist. This just means that Mauer is now due for several O-fers against Gavin

:gosox1:

QUOTE (hawksox13 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 08:24 PM)

Let's not get carried away here. Beckham hasn't complained or said anything other then he will play wherever they tell him to

QUOTE (hawksox13 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 02:24 PM)

Frank Thomas thought he'd get tougher pitches to hit batting 9th. He disagreed with the move. One thing Gordon Beckham is not is a diva. The guy has an awesome attitude.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 05:53 PM)
Let's not get carried away here. Beckham hasn't complained or said anything other then he will play wherever they tell him to

No but with his production he has no right to complain.

Edited by Soxfest