Adam Dunn and Paul Konerko are All Stars!

Balta1701

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 12:41 PM)
It said he was a player selection. The guys in the AL must like this dude, or want to see him drop bombs in the HR Derby.

I don't know if I want Dunn participating in the HR derby. It'll make that event a hell of a lot more enjoyable, but at what risk?

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 01:42 PM)
I don't know if I want Dunn participating in the HR derby. It'll make that event a hell of a lot more enjoyable, but at what risk?

I feel like the HR Derby probably effects pure hitters, like Konerko or Miggy, more than it effects dudes that swing for a HR everytime anyway, like Dunn and Fielder.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 06:56 PM)
The guy had one of the worst seasons ever last year, so to see him bounce back like this really is a feel good story, and I'm sure the players feel he deserves a shot in the All-Star game. I have no problem with it.

Being one of the most liked teammates in baseball doesn't hurt either

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 12:44 PM)
I feel like the HR Derby probably effects pure hitters, like Konerko or Miggy, more than it effects dudes that swing for a HR everytime anyway, like Dunn and Fielder.

Agreed. He already swings for the fences with every at-bat, so what's the difference.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 05:42 PM)

Why would you worry about something like that? What risk? He tries to hit a bomb every at bat. What risk were you referring to?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 01:39 PM)
Why would you worry about something like that? What risk? He tries to hit a bomb every at bat. What risk were you referring to?

You have no idea how something like a HR derby can affect a hitter, even if he does tend to swing for home runs in most of his PAs.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 08:30 PM)
You have no idea how something like a HR derby can affect a hitter, even if he does tend to swing for home runs in most of his PAs.

And you do, obviously, as a two-time Home-Run Derby champion.