GT 7/18: Sox @ Sawx, 6:10pm

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 12:44 PM)
I know, but the wording seemed harsh. I didn't want Quentin to leave, but since it seemed we didn't have any chance at the division this year, I was fine with trimming some fat for someone young. Seemed hostile towards Quentin, and that confused me.

I was tired of the injuries. It was too much

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 12:49 PM)
I was tired of the injuries. It was too much

That was the common theme. Not to mention we got more out of Viciedo this year, versus whoever would have played while TCQ was hurt for the first couple of months of the season.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 12:35 PM)
The funny thing is that Pedro was not exactly the "meat and potatoes" of that deal

Exactly. Here is Pedro making his ML debut before Nestor. Albeit Molina just came off a stint on the DL, surely if the sox really wanted him to be the guy today they could have sat him yesterday and used him today.

With Molina's seemingly inability to miss a bat in the minors this year (.322 oBA), Pedro may very well end up being the meat and potatoes. Way to early to tell though. We shall see.

QUOTE (northside sawx @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 12:54 PM)
Exactly. Here is Pedro making his ML debut before Nestor. Albeit Molina just came off a stint on the DL, surely if the sox really wanted him to be the guy today they could have sat him yesterday and used him today.

With Molina's seemingly inability to miss a bat in the minors this year (.322 oBA), Pedro may very well end up being the meat and potatoes. Way to early to tell though. We shall see.

Simon Castro was the other part of the Quentin trade.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 02:48 PM)
Guy in White Sox Jersey in 2nd row down the RF line just into HR territory = me.

Good show please, Pedro.

Go for it balta! Good for you. Are you there on Thursday too?

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 02:29 PM)
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan

Bosox@ChiSox 6:10 CSN. DeAza CF, Youkilis 3B, Dunn DH, Knrko 1B, Rios RF, Prznski C, Viciedo LF, Ramirez SS, Beckhm 2B. Hrnandez v Doubrant

Apparently he needs to buy a vowel.