ichiro to the Yankees

justBLAZE

That's crazy that he could in theory start tonight for the Yankees in Seattle (More than likely happen tomorrow though)

Sucks though. Ichiro certainly deserves a shot at a ring but I would have preferred he go anywhere else but the Yankees (and Tigers for obvious reasons) I thought for sure he'd be a career Mariner.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 06:36 PM)
Why? The Yankees just added the Japanese Juan Pierre. It's not that big a deal.

LOL. That's actually a good comparison offensively for the last two seasons. Although let's give Ichiro some credit on defense. He can throw Pierre farther than Pierre can throw a baseball.

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 06:27 PM)
I HATE THE f***ING YANKEES.

Surprisingly, my hate for the Yanks has subsided a bit in the last few years. I still hate them, but I don't hate them nearly as much as I hate the Texas Rangers or the Boston Red Cubs. I'd rather see Ichiro get a ring before either of those teams.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 07:09 PM)
Surprisingly, my hate for the Yanks has subsided a bit in the last few years. I still hate them, but I don't hate them nearly as much as I hate the Texas Rangers or the Boston Red Cubs. I'd rather see Ichiro get a ring before either of those teams.

I actually don't particularly hate the Yankees. One of my best friends is a friends is a Yankees fan, so I probably know their team just as well as just about any outside of the Sox (though thanks to the national media I'm not the only one who can say that)

But yeah, going into tonight, of the Yankees starting lineup, Ichiro had the lowest OBP.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 07:58 PM)
LOL. That's actually a good comparison offensively for the last two seasons. Although let's give Ichiro some credit on defense. He can throw Pierre farther than Pierre can throw a baseball.

LMAO.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 11:19 PM)
Any word on who they got back? These pitchers any good?

One was the 16th rated guy on their list for Baseball America.

Pretty marginal prospects.

Basically, they're just taking on about $5-6.0 million in salary. The M's even kicked in some money to sweeten the deal.

Pretty sure Ichiro had a lower OBP than Viciedo and Beckham, low .280's coming into last night's action.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 08:39 AM)
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN

Dewayne Wise had a .778 OPS for the NYY before being designated for assignment -- better than each of Ichiro's last three full seasons.

I was going to say, not sure how much of an upgrade it really is.