AJ Did Not Test Positive; No Story Here

flavum

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 07:40 PM)
Name two.

Define "recently".

Be specific so we can test your accuracy by listening to SCORE podcasts.

Last week, Mully, around 5:15 am. Talking about AJs mental lapses said something like we heard some rumors - you just hope he comes out of it.

Berstein, after the lack of slide, tweeted - Now AJ doesn't slide, as if his teammates could hate him even more.

Speigel wrote a Daily Herald article about it.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 07:41 PM)
What hour? I was checking today's podcasts.

Probably before they even finished the intros. They treated it like a nothing and they've been talking about AJ's mysterious numbers all season.

QUOTE (everafan @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 05:54 PM)
Last week, Mully, around 5:15 am. Talking about AJs mental lapses said something like we heard some rumors - you just hope he comes out of it.

Berstein, after the lack of slide, tweeted - Now AJ doesn't slide, as if his teammates could hate him even more.

Damn, that's a pretty damning quote.

Thanks for the info.

I have also heard some perculiar texts slash comments. Two that stick out

Bernstein tweet: Dan Bernstein @dan_bernstein 30 Aug Nice slide, AJ. Now your teammates can detest you even more, as if such a thing is possible.

Found that weird at the time a week ago

And I cant find the quote but Mulley commented about how its been "odd AJ has been making mental

Mistakes and something like there are rumors surrounding him swirling and he hoped AJ would come out okay".

The score has to tread carefully with a story like this since they are in parternship with the Sox. So naturally they are going be very careful. But stil. I just have a bad feeling. And really what a shame this is for a great 2012 story and more importantly for us fans who have grown to love AJ. Just tough

Edited by Frank_Thomas35

QUOTE (everafan @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 07:54 PM)

Sorry beat me to it lol

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 08:03 PM)
If Kenny knew this was a possibility a few weeks ago, I'm surprised he didn't try to get another catcher on waivers. Sox better hope Flowers' wife isn't having more kids the next month.

Other than Mauer, were there many clear upgrades to be had over Flowers?

Might as well see what we have in Flowers at this point.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 02:04 AM)
Other than Mauer, were there many clear upgrades to be had over Flowers?

Might as well see what we have in Flowers at this point.

Not to start over Flowers, but to be the back-up catcher. I doubt the AAA guys in Phegley and Gimenez are going to be trusted much the rest of the way.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 08:06 PM)
Not to start over Flowers, but to be the back-up catcher. I doubt the AAA guys in Phegley and Gimenez are going to be trusted much the rest of the way.

Probably just didn't want to have to carry three catchers for any amount of time, especially for as little as that player will play.

Or this is all untrue.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 09:06 PM)

Is Flowers out of options? If so, your hypothetical catcher would also have needed a roster spot.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 08:10 PM)
That seems very unlikely now

I know and I've even gone as far as telling some of my closer friends what I'm hearing. I can still hope though and I'm trying not to go too far on this internet mentality. Very interested in what he'll say.