The First Annual Steve9347 b**** about your Fantasy Teams here

Kyyle23

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 05:42 PM)
Do most people play in 10 team leagues where 6 make the playoffs? I've played for 8 years or so and I've never heard of more than the top 4 making it.

Even in the NFL.com league where we had 12 teams broken into 3 divisions, the first place team of each division and 1 WC team made the playoffs.

I'm with ya, top 4 in my 10 team league get in.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 04:41 PM)
2 weeks is great though because it takes out outliers generally speaking. I am behind right now because of this week but it should all even out next week.

There's virtually 0 reason for me to care this week because I am down 50

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 05:42 PM)
Do most people play in 10 team leagues where 6 make the playoffs? I've played for 8 years or so and I've never heard of more than the top 4 making it.

Even in the NFL.com league where we had 12 teams broken into 3 divisions, the first place team of each division and 1 WC team made the playoffs.

Both my 10-team & 12-team have the top 6 making the playoffs. I have no problem with it as long as the top two teams get a bye to the semifinals.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 09:01 AM)
Anyone in the playoffs not picking up the Detroit Lions for the coming feast on the Arizona Cardinals' garbage QBs is nuts. I have the Lions, available in most leagues, as a top 3 play this weekend, if not the BEST play.

I usually play the 49ers. Picked up the Lions yesterday, it was a no-brainer.

Josh Freeman vs. NO or Brady vs. SF?

Ravens vs. Denver or 49ers vs. NE? Guess I could go the Det. Route.

One of Stevan Ridley vs. SF, Knowshon Moreno vs. Baltimore, Dwyer vs. Dallas, Ryan Matthews vs. Carolina.

Any help? Just have to protect a fifty point lead.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 09:01 AM)
Anyone in the playoffs not picking up the Detroit Lions for the coming feast on the Arizona Cardinals' garbage QBs is nuts. I have the Lions, available in most leagues, as a top 3 play this weekend, if not the BEST play.

On paper it's such a good matchup, but I have a funny feeling that somehow the s***ty Lions D will manage to f*** it up and not score a lot. I mean, it is the Lions. But yes, if you don't pick them up you are nuts.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 09:26 AM)

One of Stevan Ridley vs. SF, Knowshon Moreno vs. Baltimore, Dwyer vs. Dallas, Ryan Matthews vs. Carolina.

1. Never bench Tom Brady. I don't care who he's playing.

2. Go Detroit - first, the Ravens defense has been s***ty, second, the Patriots are unstoppable against all right now, third, the Cardinals are hilarious.

3. Mathews is out immediately as I can and will never trust him. Dwyer gets no love with Big Ben back they are passing. The path to scoring on the Niners will not be paved on the ground.

I say go with Moreno. He will likely punch at least one touchdown in, and Peyton is actually starting to check down to him.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 10:32 AM)
pick two:

alfred morris, david wilson, ryan mathews, felix jones, joique bell

I'm leaning morris/bell right now.

Morris is a no brainer. Then it's either Bell or Mathews.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 09:26 AM)

I have Ridley and Knowshon as well. I went Moreno.

Well, there it is.

Ahmad Bradshaw has been diagnosed with a sprained knee and is considered questionable for Sunday's game against the Falcons.

It sounds like a Grade 1 sprain of a ligament, similar to the injury Robert Griffin III is working through right now. Bradshaw will not practice Wednesday, but coach Tom Coughlin declined to speculate any further than that. "I'm not going to rule him out of anything," he said while noting Bradshaw's toughness.

I'm sure he'll play, but I think I might roll with Wilson over a guy like Josh Gordon in my flex (or possibly over Montell Owens).

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 04:58 PM)
Law Firm vs Philly or Stephen Jackson vs Minny?

Dallas Clark vs NO or Benjamin Watson vs Skins? (Oh how I wish Gronk was back)

Oh and for my other league P. Manning or RGIII?

Law Firm

Clark

Manning. Play it safe. Even if RG was healthy it'd be a toss up, if he plays you know he's not 100% and likely can't pick up as much on the ground. Minimize the risk.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 04:59 PM)
I'd probably start Williams

Me too.

Freeman really trusts Williams when it comes to throwing balls up to him in 1-on-1 coverage. I'm playing the combo of Freeman-VJ this week in hopes of getting double TD points but I wont be surprised to see Williams with 60 yards and a TD this weekend.