GT: Sox vs. Tigers...The Final Countdown Continues

LittleHurt05

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 03:06 PM)
Eh, didn't Rios struggle automatically when moved to the third spot earlier this year?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 03:09 PM)
I wouldn't mess with Rios. We all saw last year. Why risk it? He is killing it right where he is at. Leave him be.

I don't know, but, I don't think it is a big deal to move him 2 spots. Not like you are turning him into a leadoff hitter.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 03:15 PM)
I don't know, but, I don't think it is a big deal to move him 2 spots. Not like you are turning him into a leadoff hitter.

It shouldn't be a big deal, but Rios has shown in the past that small stuff can bother him. He is carrying your team right now and finally earning his contract, if not above its value. I would not move him at all.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 03:19 PM)
It shouldn't be a big deal, but Rios has shown in the past that small stuff can bother him. He is carrying your team right now and finally earning his contract, if not above its value. I would not move him at all.

Yeah, this season he is.

I know it is temporary with Dunn out, but I really would like to see them not put Dweezy in the 3rd spot. Rios needs to be there, and Wise down hitting like 7th.

Wise has a 1.027 OPS in September. He's not going to sustain that over a full season, but no reason not to bat him 3rd while he's hot.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 09:09 PM)
Stop playing Viciedo against a righty!

Does Viciedo ever get on a tear anymore? Beckham has continued his pattern of getting hot once in a while. It seems Dayan has settled into being a fairly lousy hitter who hits the occasional home run. He's got a lot of work to do. I wonder if he'd agree to play winter ball and actually take some coaching on how to be less maniacal at the plate.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 05:03 PM)
Does Viciedo ever get on a tear anymore? Beckham has continued his pattern of getting hot once in a while. It seems Dayan has settled into being a fairly lousy hitter who hits the occasional home run. He's got a lot of work to do. I wonder if he'd agree to play winter ball and actually take some coaching on how to be less maniacal at the plate.

I sincerely doubt anyone would ask him to play winter ball. Team would probably say no if he wanted to. Once a guy has arrived at the big leagues you don't want him getting hurt playing in winter ball.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 04:32 PM)
LH hitting sixty f***ing points higher against Fister. This is embarrassing by Robin.

Which LH?

The thing is, when someone has called for Dan Johnson to get serious playing time, there would invariably be numerous voices mentioning his batting average in the majors since 2007, that he's basically a AAA/A player now, another version of Dallas McPherson, that he's living off the reputation gained from those two big homers for the Rays AND that his AAA stats this season are basically meaningless because he always hits well in the minors and does nothing at the major league level.

If you want to sit Tank against Scherzer and Verlander, though, I would be more open to that...HOWEVER, who do we have not in the current starting line-up that matches up well with guys who throw that hard?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 05:20 PM)
Which LH?

The thing is, when someone has called for Dan Johnson to get serious playing time, there would invariably be numerous voices mentioning his batting average in the majors since 2007, that he's basically a AAA/A player now, another version of Dallas McPherson, that he's living off the reputation gained from those two big homers for the Rays AND that his AAA stats this season are basically meaningless because he always hits well in the minors and does nothing at the major league level.

If you want to sit Tank against Scherzer and Verlander, though, I would be more open to that...HOWEVER, who do we have not in the current starting line-up that matches up well with guys who throw that hard?

I don't have a problem with Tank hitting against righties when the alternative is Johnson.

Should Tank prove ineffective and be in a big spot and the ballgame against a righty, then you can always pinch hit.

“I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once again able to defend our US Cellular home, to ride out the storm of Miggy, Prince, and that ugly bastard Delmon Young, and to outlive the menace of Detroit, if necessary for 22 more games, if necessary alone.

At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of our Chicago White Sox-every man of them. That is the will of Kenny, Jerry, Robin and the White Sox Nation.

The White Sox and all who play the Tigers, linked together in their cause and in their need, will defend to the death their native soil, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength.

Even though large tracts of the schedule and many weekends have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Tigers and all the odious apparatus of Detroit rule, we shall not flag or fail.

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in Chicago,

we shall fight in Minnesota

we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in Kansas City, we shall defend our Divisional lead, whatever the cost may be,

we shall fight on the beaches of Anaheim,

we shall fight on the landing grounds of Cleveland

we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,

we shall fight in the hills;

we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Organization or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the dugout, armed and guarded by the fans of the south side of Chicago, would carry on the struggle, until, in God’s good time, the White Sox Organization, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the AL Central Division.”

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 05:51 PM)
“I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once again able to defend our US Cellular home, to ride out the storm of Miggy, Prince, and that ugly bastard Delmon Young, and to outlive the menace of Detroit, if necessary for 22 more games, if necessary alone.

At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of our Chicago White Sox-every man of them. That is the will of Kenny, Jerry, Robin and the White Sox Nation.

The White Sox and all who play the Tigers, linked together in their cause and in their need, will defend to the death their native soil, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength.

Even though large tracts of the schedule and many weekends have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Tigers and all the odious apparatus of Detroit rule, we shall not flag or fail.

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in Chicago,

we shall fight in Minnesota

we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in Kansas City, we shall defend our Divisional lead, whatever the cost may be,

we shall fight on the beaches of Anaheim,

we shall fight on the landing grounds of Cleveland

we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,

we shall fight in the hills;

we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Organization or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the dugout, armed and guarded by the fans of the south side of Chicago, would carry on the struggle, until, in God’s good time, the White Sox Organization, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the AL Central Division.”

Outstanding.