• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Gordon Beckham=Brent Lillibridge 2011

At least this week.

Strange how managers always tend to want to go with veterans down the stretch, whether they're grizzled retreads or completely inexperienced first-year guys.

UNLESS, they just told Hudson...your job is to bunt every single time AT Cabrera.

The funny thing is that I've seen probably 30-40 Tigers' games this season and that running in on the bunt and throwing across his body is one of the things he does the best. I've only seen him make 1 or 2 errors. It's usually the routine plays that trip him up.

And, of course, his lack of range.

How is Detroit not running away with it with this starting pitching of theirs?

They dominate us and all their starters are studs. Leyland should be fired. With that staff along with Cabrera and Fielder how can they not be running away with this?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 12:23 AM)

They dominate us and all their starters are studs. Leyland should be fired. With that staff along with Cabrera and Fielder how can they not be running away with this?

If the Tigers make it into the post season, and I think they will unfortunately, I believe they will go deep into the playoffs.

QUOTE (chisoxt @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 01:28 AM)
If the Tigers make it into the post season, and I think they will unfortunately, I believe they will go deep into the playoffs.

I don't see how anybody beats their starting pitchers. It's the same thing everytime I tune in. Their pitchers are pouring strikes in there and we are doing very little with their pitches. Last night's two solo homers meant nothing. Solo homers don't mean squat.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 08:23 PM)

They can't catch the ball.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 12:31 AM)
I don't see how anybody beats their starting pitchers. It's the same thing everytime I tune in. Their pitchers are pouring strikes in there and we are doing very little with their pitches. Last night's two solo homers meant nothing. Solo homers don't mean squat.

The Tigers are fine 1-4 in their lineup...it's the 5-9 guys that have not been coming through for them this year like they did last year.

QUOTE (chisoxt @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 01:33 AM)
The Tigers are fine 1-4 in their lineup...it's the 5-9 guys that have not been coming through for them this year like they did last year.

With that kind of pitching, it seems stupid of them to not build a team with defense as well to go with sieves Cabrera/Fielder at the corners.