Sox vs. Tigers in Zanzibar

Quin

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 10:28 AM)
No, its not backup QB syndrome, because no one in their right mind is suggesting Johnson start. They are saying he should get some AB's in certain match-ups.

this is absolutely back QB syndrome, and many people are suggesting he start. and have been for months

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 11:04 AM)
Oh, and no matter what happens tonight, I have to give Gavin some major props for showing huge balls to return so quickly from his elbow soreness. With his contract possibly up after the season, he could have easily sat out the rest of the year.

I may not watch tonight.

I don't know if I can deal with Gavin walking 7 hitters in the first two innings combined with our hitters waving at Scherzer's slider a foot and a half off the plate.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 11:12 AM)
this is absolutely back QB syndrome, and many people are suggesting he start. and have been for months

There may be some calling for that - I was asking for it in this specific scenario.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 11:34 AM)
Seconded.

I have to agree.

I'd like to see De Aza, Wise and Ramirez all attempt one bunt tonight, somewhere during the game. Down the 3B line. I can't believe the only time we've tested Cabrera over there is with Youkilis. Scherzer is a tough pitcher, it would benefit the team to shake things up and get them off balance.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 12:43 PM)
I'd like to see De Aza, Wise and Ramirez all attempt one bunt tonight, somewhere during the game. Down the 3B line. I can't believe the only time we've tested Cabrera over there is with Youkilis. Scherzer is a tough pitcher, it would benefit the team to shake things up and get them off balance.

AJ tried once as well.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 11:04 AM)
Oh, and no matter what happens tonight, I have to give Gavin some major props for showing huge balls to return so quickly from his elbow soreness. With his contract possibly up after the season, he could have easily sat out the rest of the year.

A sustained productive finish to the season could benefit him greatly. If he did not come back and his option was not picked up there is a big gray area for him.

I think the winning team tonight wins tomorrow

I also could see the Sox get no hit tonight or tomorrow.

Let's hope Ventura doesn't have to manage as it has not been pretty recently for him.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 12:48 PM)
Is my name Lillian?

Here is my post in there: http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...t&p=2633537

Im just saying that you said no one in their right mind would suggest Johnson start over Viciedo, that is a months old thread stating just that.

No name confusion. :)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 12:52 PM)
Im just saying that you said noone in their right mind would suggest Johnson start over Viciedo, that is a months old thread stating just that.

No name confusion. :)

Hm. Perhaps I was a bit harsh with "no one in their right mind". But there are SOME of us who are suggesting Johnson get an occasional start when the scenario seems ideal - and in my view, tonight seems like it should be that night. Then Dunn returns tomorrow.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 01:43 PM)

Wise tried one last night and missed.

Hey, new poster here long time follower here at soxtalk. Grew up loving the early 90's sox since that was my first memory gives you an idea of my age, 25 here. Anyways.. just wanting to comment on the rest of this sox tigers series, was hoping we could yesterdays game with their 2 big arms pitching today and tomorrow.

We are still relying on the long ball got them yesterday but all solo. I feel the sox need to put the pressure on this bad tigers defense these next two games knowing that verlander and max not going to throw too many bad pitches to sox hitters ( hopefully im wrong on that) I just know Hawk and Stoney were critical in the previous series in Detroit for not laying many bunts down with Cabrera with a bum ankle, put the pressure on them were at home.. need one of these next two games. Hopefully Gavin " no emoticons" Floyd keeps his success going against the tigers. I don't have much confidence in liriano getting his control back in the pen, but will see..

:gosox1:

QUOTE (onedog#1 @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 02:04 PM)
Hey, new poster here long time follower here at soxtalk. Grew up loving the early 90's sox since that was my first memory gives you an idea of my age, 25 here. Anyways.. just wanting to comment on the rest of this sox tigers series, was hoping we could yesterdays game with their 2 big arms pitching today and tomorrow.

We are still relying on the long ball got them yesterday but all solo. I feel the sox need to put the pressure on this bad tigers defense these next two games knowing that verlander and max not going to throw too many bad pitches to sox hitters ( hopefully im wrong on that) I just know Hawk and Stoney were critical in the previous series in Detroit for not laying many bunts down with Cabrera with a bum ankle, put the pressure on them were at home.. need one of these next two games. Hopefully Gavin " no emoticons" Floyd keeps his success going against the tigers. I don't have much confidence in liriano getting his control back in the pen, but will see..

:gosox1:

Welcome to Soxtalk!