Sox vs. Tigers in Zanzibar

Quin

QUOTE (onedog#1 @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 02:04 PM)
Hey, new poster here long time follower here at soxtalk. Grew up loving the early 90's sox since that was my first memory gives you an idea of my age, 25 here. Anyways.. just wanting to comment on the rest of this sox tigers series, was hoping we could yesterdays game with their 2 big arms pitching today and tomorrow.

We are still relying on the long ball got them yesterday but all solo. I feel the sox need to put the pressure on this bad tigers defense these next two games knowing that verlander and max not going to throw too many bad pitches to sox hitters ( hopefully im wrong on that) I just know Hawk and Stoney were critical in the previous series in Detroit for not laying many bunts down with Cabrera with a bum ankle, put the pressure on them were at home.. need one of these next two games. Hopefully Gavin " no emoticons" Floyd keeps his success going against the tigers. I don't have much confidence in liriano getting his control back in the pen, but will see..

:gosox1:

Welcome to the board!

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (onedog#1 @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 07:04 PM)
Hey, new poster here long time follower here at soxtalk. Grew up loving the early 90's sox since that was my first memory gives you an idea of my age, 25 here. Anyways.. just wanting to comment on the rest of this sox tigers series, was hoping we could yesterdays game with their 2 big arms pitching today and tomorrow.

We are still relying on the long ball got them yesterday but all solo. I feel the sox need to put the pressure on this bad tigers defense these next two games knowing that verlander and max not going to throw too many bad pitches to sox hitters ( hopefully im wrong on that) I just know Hawk and Stoney were critical in the previous series in Detroit for not laying many bunts down with Cabrera with a bum ankle, put the pressure on them were at home.. need one of these next two games. Hopefully Gavin " no emoticons" Floyd keeps his success going against the tigers. I don't have much confidence in liriano getting his control back in the pen, but will see..

:gosox1:

Welcome. And I am not real conident in Liriano anymore either. I guess there was a reason he was 3-10 with the Twinkies and they were ready to let him go. Lots of talent but he just can't seem to harness it

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 03:34 PM)
ADA lf

Youk 3b

Wise cf

PK14 1b

Rios rf

AJP c

Alexei ss

Johnson dh

Hudson 2b

jackson cf

Dirks lf

Fatty 3b

Fatty 1b

Anti-Semite dh

Boesch rf

Peralta ss

Avila c

Infante 2b

Yes, anti-semite!

Glad the Volvo Ghostrider is in the lineup, but wouldn't have minded keeping Beckham in. This is a pretty good lineup.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 03:34 PM)
ADA lf

Youk 3b

Wise cf

PK14 1b

Rios rf

AJP c

Alexei ss

Johnson dh

Hudson 2b

jackson cf

Dirks lf

Fatty 3b

Fatty 1b

Anti-Semite dh

Boesch rf

Peralta ss

Avila c

Infante 2b

Wait, who's the anti-semite?

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 03:39 PM)
Beckham homers two nights in a row and gets benched, makes sense.

As we all know, this is great for Gordon's confidence.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 04:46 PM)
As we all know, this is great for Gordon's confidence.

It worked great for the last hitters we tried to develop.

And hey, I'm sure he'll be back in the lineup ready to do damage tomorrow. Maybe he'll get lucky and the pitcher will be easy to hit. Let me go check who's pitching...Verl-something or other. That guy can't be any good.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 03:45 PM)
Wonder why ADA and Weezy swapped LF and CF?

I think that this is for the best. I think that Wise plays shallower in CF, according to D.J., and can get to balls that DeAza plays too deep for. I believe that a ball fell in front of DeAza again last night.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 05:06 PM)
I think that this is for the best. I think that Wise plays shallower in CF, according to D.J., and can get to balls that DeAza plays too deep for. I believe that a ball fell in front of DeAza again last night.

OTOH, I've seen balls that De Aza has barely caught that would have been over Wise's head.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 04:09 PM)
OTOH, I've seen balls that De Aza has barely caught that would have been over Wise's head.

Good point, but D.J. & Farmer sure seem disappointed at how deep DeAza plays. They keep mentioning it and it seems like they wish that he would play a few more steps in. D.J. says the DeAza is too scared of having a ball hit over his head. It just seems to me that there are far too many bloop singles falling in front of him that they think Wise would catch.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 05:53 PM)
Verlander and Scherzer aren't going to hang breaking balls over the plate for Dayan or Gordon to hammer.

That said, it will be interesting to see if Johnson and Hudson can actually produce any results.

Biggest game of the season and the Sox trot out a pathetic Sunday lineup.

The implications for this loss are enormous.

Disgusting. Enjoy the strikeouts guys!

Sox will be lucky to even threaten to win this game.