9/17 Tigers at White Sox

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 02:05 PM)
You must be a guru. How come you aren't in the major leagues making millions?

Dick Allen: Defender of all thing's White Sox!

Gordon didn't get a hit when he had a chance there, but DA kept quiet. Just wait until he gets his next hit so DA can point out that everyone on Soxtalk trashing Beckham (and his sub .700 OPS on the season, both pre and post ASB) that they are soo wrong. LOLOLOL LOOK BECKHAM GOT A HIT YOU IDIOTS.

Give it up. That was a terrible display, and this pissing themselves whenever it matters against the Tigers this year makes me want to slit my wrists.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 01:07 PM)

Gordon didn't get a hit when he had a chance there, but DA kept quiet. Just wait until he gets his next hit so DA can point out that everyone on Soxtalk trashing Beckham (and his sub .700 OPS on the season, both pre and post ASB) that they are soo wrong. LOLOLOL LOOK BECKHAM GOT A HIT YOU IDIOTS.

Give it up. That was a terrible display, and this pissing themselves whenever it matters against the Tigers this year makes me want to slit my wrists.

Marty and DA would be chiming in if Viciedo had K'ed or not advanced the runners, lol.

"But he's the richest person under age 30 in Georgia and has a beautiful girlfriend." Harrelson fawning over his arm like he's Juan Uribe or Jose Valentin is almost equally hilarious.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 02:08 PM)
Pfister gets his first two K's when we have the bases loaded and one out. Prime scoring opportunity wasted

Tough inning leaving bases loaded. Might have to try the hit 10 solo homers approach. Still time. Hope that we comeback and win.

Edited by sunofgold

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 02:05 PM)
You must be a guru. How come you aren't in the major leagues making millions?

Trying to go the opposite way is very hard on an inside pitch, that is not rocket science. If you are ahead in the count 1-0 there is no need to swing at a pitch on the inner third to try and move the runner over. Take the pitch and try to do it with a pitch away. The chances of executing are better when you do that but I could be wrong.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 02:06 PM)
Nice try guys. Maybe someone forgot to tell them they are playing the Tigers today..

They seem well-aware they are playing the Tigers, since they tuck their tails between their legs everytime the striped bastards come to play.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 02:07 PM)

Then do us all a favor and follow through.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 07:08 PM)
Regardless of what happens the rest of the way I can't believe how f***ing pathetic it is to lose 8 out of 9 (en route to 9 out of 10) to the team you are directly competing with neck-and-neck for the division crown. It's laughable.

I would be happy, but really, it would be truly sad if we win the division

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 01:10 PM)
Trying to go the opposite way is very hard on an inside pitch, that is not rocket science. If you are ahead in the count 1-0 there is no need to swing at a pitch on the inner third to try and move the runner over. Take the pitch and try to do it with a pitch away. The chances of executing are better when you do that but I could be wrong.

You get yourself out 90-95% of the time. Jam shot every time. Maybe you get lucky with a duck snort here and there if you're strong enough to muscle it out of the infield.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 02:10 PM)

Have you ever hit before?

I wonder how many White Sox fans would like to see Dunn in another uniform next year. I know sabermatricians say that he gets on base and he walks and hits home runs and a strike out is just another out and blah blah blah, but seeing him swing and miss or take a 3rd strike is getting really old.

Edited by Chet Kincaid