Final 10 games for both the White Sox and Kittens

MexSoxFan#1

Sox win 2 of 3 vs the Tribe at the Cell, split against the Rays and finish the season winning 2 of 3 at Cleveland.

Kittens take 3 of 4 at home vs Royals, lose 2 of 3 at Minny and get swept at KC.

ChiSox 87-75

Kittens 84-78

Post your predictions :gosox1:

Sox win 2 of 3 vs the Tribe at the Cell, split against the Rays and finish the season winning 2 of 3 at Cleveland.

Kittens take 3 of 4 at home vs Royals, lose 2 of 3 at Minny and get swept at KC.

ChiSox 87-75

Kittens 84-78

Post your predictions

My predictions: Sox 1-2 vs. Cleveland; 1-3 vs. Tampa Bay and 2-1 at Cleveland for a 4-6 record.

Minnesota 4-0 vs. KC; 1-2 vs. Minnie, 2-1 at KC for a record of 7-3.

Hope I'm wrong. Really really hope I'm wrong. I think KC is really going to lay down for Detroit. KC is our rival; not Detroit's. Royals get up for the Sox like no other team.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 10:20 PM)

ChiSox 87-75

Kittens 84-78

Post your predictions

My predictions: Sox 1-2 vs. Cleveland; 1-3 vs. Tampa Bay and 2-1 at Cleveland for a 4-6 record.

Minnesota 4-0 vs. KC; 1-2 vs. Minnie, 2-1 at KC for a record of 7-3.

Hope I'm wrong. Really really hope I'm wrong. I think KC is really going to lay down for Detroit. KC is our rival; not Detroit's. Royals get up for the Sox like no other team.

What makes you think the Sox would win a series in Cleveland, but lose a series against them at home?

Royals also swept Detroit the last time they played.

QUOTE (Cali @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 04:24 AM)
No you don't.

Are you crazy? I don't follow this team 365 days a year for my health.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 04:32 AM)
I'm done predicting. I just want to wake up in first in an awful division every day.

Amen brother.

The Tigers dropped both games of a day-night doubleheader on Sunday. They also lost ground on the AL Central-leading Chicago White Sox, falling a game back after coming into the day trailing by half a game.

“There’s not really much to explain here tonight,” said Tigers manager Jim Leyland, after his team lost 2-1 in 10 innings in the nightcap and 10-4 in the first game to the Minnesota Twins. “I’m not trying to get rid of you guys or send you into the night, I’m just telling you it’s disappointing we didn’t score more runs today.

“In two ballgames today, I felt we would certainly score more runs than we did and we didn’t.”

• Box score, stats | MLB scoreboard | Standings | Stats | News

The Angels completed a weekend sweep of the White Sox, with a 4-1 win on Sunday afternoon.

That gave the Tigers a chance to move into a tie for first place with the White Sox with a win in the nightcap.

“We gotta win some games,” Leyland said. “We did get ourselves within a half game. Now we’re a game out. So, it is what it is. You gotta win baseball games.”

Jamey Carroll’s RBI single off Tigers closer Jose Valverde brought home Denard Span for the go-ahead run in the 10th inning.

Asked about the defensive miscues, Leyland said: “What cost us today is we didn’t score runs. We gotta more than one run.”

The Tigers were coming off an 8-0 win over the Twins on Saturday.

“We came out and put the eight-spot right away in that other game,” Leyland said. “The last two games, we just didn’t score any runs, and we felt we were going to have to score some runs in this series. We actually shut them down pretty good the second game tonight, better than I thought we would.”

Defensive miscues by the Tigers helped lead to a five-run fifth for the Twins in the first game.

They also played a role in the Twins coming back to tie the game at 1 in the second game.

Tigers starter Drew Smyly allowed an unearned run on three hits in 4 1/3 innings.

“He was okay,” Leyland said. “He had the one walk that hurt him, leading off that inning. But I thought he did a fine job.”

www.freep.com/sports

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 04:17 AM)
This is what will happen:

SOX: 5-5

Lose 2 of 3 with Cleveland

Win 2 of 4 with Rays

Win 2 of 3 in Cleveland

TIGERS: 4-6

Win 2 of 4 with Royals

Lose 2 of 3 at Twins

Lose 2 of 3 at Royals

Sox win Central Division

It pains me to be so pessimistic. Maybe next year I'll be back to my old self. But I have to finish this season saying the Royals are destined to f*** us, folks. They are going to get killed by Detroit. It's just this year's destiny.

The Sox have to merely win as many games as the Tigers win. I feel better with the Sox being home for two series, but the Rays series worries me a bit. However, I foresee a sweep of Cleveland, a split with Tampa, and 2 out of 3 in Cleveland. That would be 7-3. Detroit will go 6-4. Sox win the division.

My bigger concern is the playoffs (provided they get there). They have to start playing better baseball away from home. The series in LA was brutal. The Sox looked like they were asleep.

Well, we can worry about that when the playoffs start, right? Hawk was right when he kept saying that this week was going to be the biggest week of baseball this season.