Chicago White Sox vs. Cleveland Indians

justBLAZE

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 03:47 PM)
As much as I want the Sox to win...I have the exact same amount of confidence that they are actually going to pull it out.

Cy Chen really needs to come through for us, but knowing him and the Royals they will totally f*** us over once again this season

Cy Chen has an ERA of 5.22.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 03:47 PM)
As much as I want the Sox to win...I have the exact same amount of confidence that they are actually going to pull it out.

Cy Chen really needs to come through for us, but knowing him and the Royals they will totally f*** us over once again this season

Like when they swept the Tigers in KC and also put up an 8 spot on Verlander, something we've never managed to come close to pulling off?

Detroit's a tough out at home, always.

And we're going to run into a buzzsaw of good pitching against the Rays. If our hitting, especially with RISP, doesn't pick it up during this homestand, it will all start to look very similar to the 2008 ALDS.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 03:48 PM)
Dick Allen would like to point out that Gordon Beckham is awesome and unlucky.

I like Gordon and he's been playing really well for a while but today he cost us 3 runs on a play he didn't make defensively and failed to redeem himself with 2 out, RISP

Lousy at bat by Beckham. Thanks, Gordon.

Solo home runs don't cut it, folks. Now put somebody on base once in a while and hit three home runs and we might have a blowout win in our lifetimes again.

Let's face it. We don't deserve the playoffs. If we get in, fine. But we are not a playoff team. Or we are a weak excuse for a playoff team. Case closed.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (VAfan @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 09:54 PM)
Why not bat Dewayne Wise in that situation? I would have probably had him hit for Alexei, but certainly for Beckham.

Is something wrong with Wise? He's been a very clutch hitter for us since coming over.

Hasn't Beckham had a decent batting average the last few weeks? I was half expecting him to bash a single to right center. Does anybody besides Rios go the other way any more? Remember the first half when the Sox were hitting the ball where it was pitched a lot?

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 03:56 PM)
Perez is much better against lefties than righties. Ventura managed this game well. This is all on the Liriano pitching awful and the offense continuing to be allergic to stringing together numerous hits in an inning.

They only score when they hit home runs.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 10:00 PM)
If the Tigers fail to win tonight you would have to think that will be pretty deflating to their confidence.

KC could certainly hit Anibal around a bit.

Chen is disgracefully bad. He has the white Sox number, nobody else's.

It is a BIT strange, in that Viciedo had a very solid game offensively and was PH for...and he pinch hit for Beckham as well yesterday, both times with Johnson, and both times it worked.

Oh well, hunch didn't work today, and you can't expect to touch up Pestano two days in a row, especially with the shadows.

Nothing out of YOUK on a day designed/planned for him. Wasted a huge opportunity to put the pressure back on the Tiggers and Sanchez, who's been pitching extremely well of late.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 04:01 PM)
Chen is disgracefully bad. He has the white Sox number, nobody else's.

Probably why he's 1-2 with a 3.93 against DET this season.

Greg, sometimes you really are overdoing it with this Royals thing, in the face of any and all evidence to the contrary at times.

"Wasted a huge opportunity" ...

Caufield how many times could you have written that the past month? The Sox are only going to make the playoffs if Detroit lets them. That's the only way. This team has proven it is not capable of doing it on its own. It's a flawed, beat-up baseball team. It's a miracle the team is 10 over .500. Robin is manager of the year by far.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 04:03 PM)
It is a BIT strange, in that Viciedo had a very solid game offensively and was PH for...and he pinch hit for Beckham as well yesterday, both times with Johnson, and both times it worked.

Oh well, hunch didn't work today, and you can't expect to touch up Pestano two days in a row, especially with the shadows.

Nothing out of YOUK on a day designed/planned for him. Wasted a huge opportunity to put the pressure back on the Tiggers and Sanchez, who's been pitching extremely well of late.

I really find these comments borderline offensive

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 04:11 PM)
I really find these comments borderline offensive

HUH? They specifically played the game to honor his wishes NOT to be put in a position to decide whether he could play or not after sundown.

If you want to take issue, it should be with the very first page of this thread.

The Dodgers, back in the day, faced the exact same issue with Sandy Koufax.

How else should I put it? They put winning the game during the daytime as a priority over the likelihood of having to play Lopez or Olmedo at night at it had nothing to do with religious observances or Steve Stone broadcasting either? Is that better?

Hasn't anyone else seen Chariots of Fire?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 09:15 PM)
HUH? They specifically played the game to honor his wishes NOT to be put in a position to decide whether he could play or not after sundown.

If you want to take issue, it should be with the very first page of this thread.

The Dodgers, back in the day, faced the exact same issue with Sandy Koufax.

How else should I put it? They put winning the game during the daytime as a priority over the likelihood of having to play Lopez or Olmedo at night at it had nothing to do with religious observances or Steve Stone broadcasting either? Is that better?

Hasn't anyone else seen Chariots of Fire?

It's tough to sweep a team at night then in a matinee. We should have played it at night. Sad.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 04:10 PM)
"Wasted a huge opportunity" ...

Caufield how many times could you have written that the past month? The Sox are only going to make the playoffs if Detroit lets them. That's the only way. This team has proven it is not capable of doing it on its own. It's a flawed, beat-up baseball team. It's a miracle the team is 10 over .500. Robin is manager of the year by far.

Royals swept the Tigers at KC, Tigers also lost 2/3 at home to the atrocious Twins when we swept them at home....and these were when they had a huge chance to take a one game lead in the division over the weekend.

At the very worst, it's still tied with 8 to go.

And if they can't manage to wake up the offense against a strong Rays' pitching staff, they don't deserve the playoffs anyway.

Edited by caulfield12