GT 9/27: TB @ CWS, 7:10pm CT

NorthSideSox72

Just win. I don't care how, I don't care who contributes, just win. Yes these past 2 weeks have sucked. Lets not just let the Tigers win the division because they were "supposed" to. You are only 1.5 games back with 7 to go! Most teams would LOVE to be in this position. Today, I am the BIGGEST Twin fan ever. Today I hope the Sox can remember how to just relax and play baseball. Today, I hope Peavy can be that 2007 cy young pitcher we traded for. Today, I still believe. Some may call me crazy, but I still believe.

A couple of encouraging facts:

Detroit is 34-41 on the road this year. They no longer play at home this year. Detroit is only 8-7 vs the Twins.

The White Sox are currently 3-0 vs the Rays in 2012.

Discouraging facts: The Tigers won again today forcing the Sox to play in a "must win" game vs a tough opponent.

I STILL BELIEVE!

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 04:24 PM)
Knowing this team and White Sox season-ending baseball in general, they will now sweep the Rays.

But realistically, they should probably get swept the way they have been playing.

Nothing would surprise me this season.

I wont stop believing till the END!!!

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 08:26 PM)
The Royals must hate the White Sox. Take it to us, then play terrible against the Tigers.

They get up for one team yearly: Chicago. They consider us a rival and the Sox don't get up for KC, although Buehrle did own them.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 08:29 PM)
WOW. Royals are no help. They are soooo bad.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 09:01 PM)
I might add that KC swept Detroit last time in KC, and if the division is still up for grabs in that series I look for them to give Detroit all kinds of trouble.

Are you serious? I strongly disagree. If those games matter, they are all wins for Detroit.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 03:23 PM)
We never really had John Danks all season. That shoulder injury was obviously bothering him all year, hence his 5+ ERA.

Yeah, I consider him having him been lost the entire year, basically

Detroit is a better team on paper than the Chicago White Sox there is no doubt about that. Sox hung in there but did not have the experience in the dugout or in the rotation to carry it through the season.

Losing to the Tigers is not as painful as losing to the Twins as the Tigers have talent where the Twins would hang in there for the Santana starts to inevitably be swept in the first round.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 09:53 PM)
Detroit is a better team on paper than the Chicago White Sox there is no doubt about that. Sox hung in there but did not have the experience in the dugout or in the rotation to carry it through the season.

Losing to the Tigers is not as painful as losing to the Twins as the Tigers have talent where the Twins would hang in there for the Santana starts to inevitably be swept in the first round.

I think it's very painful. There were so many times this season the Tigers were just begging us to go 4-7 games up. Blown opportunity after blown opportunity. The Tigers may win out against all these bad teams they are playing, but they were begging for us to put them away at several junctures. Very painful ending to the season for the White Sox and their fans.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 04:11 PM)
I think it's very painful. There were so many times this season the Tigers were just begging us to go 4-7 games up. Blown opportunity after blown opportunity. The Tigers may win out against all these bad teams they are playing, but they were begging for us to put them away at several junctures. Very painful ending to the season for the White Sox and their fans.

Me too. Way too many post ASB collapse with this organization. The casual fan stays home.

Youk looked like he had a piano on his back with that jump...not sure what was going on there.

Luckily, hit too slowly for a DP.

Well, that disappointing Angels team already lost a "must win" game to the lowly Mariners at home, maybe we can knock out the Rays and get back into this thing. Two "tight/under stress" teams playing each other, something has to give.

It was only a matter of time before human evolution brought us to this: women in bikinis, playing basketball in an organized league. The Bikini Basketball League has been around in concept since 2011, but there have been no games as of yet — even though there are seven set franchises in six cities. According to the league’s Twitter account, you’ve got your Chicago Desire, Orlando LadyCats, Miami Spice, Los Angeles Ice, New York Knockouts, Hollywood Hotties and Atlanta Fleet Angels.

Considering the success of the Lingerie Football league (success being defined as rapid expansion in the U.S. and, excuse me, abroad), it’s no wonder that someone would try a league with hot girls playing basketball. And hey, the next Bikini Basketball League star could be you!

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 06:20 PM)
Youk looked like he had a piano on his back with that jump...not sure what was going on there.

Luckily, hit too slowly for a DP.

Well, that disappointing Angels team already lost a "must win" game to the lowly Mariners at home, maybe we can knock out the Rays and get back into this thing. Two "tight/under stress" teams playing each other, something has to give.

Sox are never good in that situation.