Game Thread: Game 160 WHITE SOX head to Cleveland

sunofgold

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 1, 2012 -> 09:12 PM)
Just do not see it they play like s*** way too often................Sox laid down like b****es and gave division to them.

It is ovah. We can grab some bench. Fun season

Just a bad ending.

Let coop manage the last two. No reason to start peavy or Floyd

Hopefully we get better in 2013 and beat the Tiggs and Royal flushes

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Oct 2, 2012 -> 04:15 AM)
It is ovah. We can grab some bench. Fun season

Just a bad ending.

Let coop manage the last two. No reason to start peavy or Floyd

Hopefully we get better in 2013 and beat the Tiggs and Royal flushes

You got to start Peavy; he might get mad if Sox don't start him.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 1, 2012 -> 09:16 PM)
You got to start Peavy; he might get mad if Sox don't start him.

Why risk him getting hurt. Let him prepare for next season early. His last start was good thus he ends on a positive note.211 innings pitched, 3.37 era...impressive season.

Edited by sunofgold

When you look at Fielder and Cabrera's numbers, and the fact that the tigers have a decent bullpen and led the league in quality starts, how many games did they lose because of defense? 8? 10?

They're a really good team that plays really bad defense.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Oct 1, 2012 -> 10:22 PM)
Why risk him getting hurt. Let him prepare for next season early. His last start was good thus he ends on a positive note.211 innings pitched, 3.37 era...impressive season.

Peavy is not going to be here next year.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 1, 2012 -> 10:09 PM)
White Sox: 6-12 vs. the Royals; 6-12 vs. the Tigers.

Epic failure.

Total collapse. Team should be ashamed of itself.

You can change managers all you want; you can't change the White Sox performance in September. Chokers.

Do us all a favor and get the f*** out of here for a while. Please? Pretty please?

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Oct 1, 2012 -> 09:52 PM)
Stud. Played hurt against the Sox and still did damage. No excuses for being hurt or tired on that lineup.

I dont know if this is a snark comment on the "excuses" some have made about the sox injuries or not but a left ankle injury for a RH batter doesnt effect a hitters swing like a wrist/hand or even an oblique problem like PK and Dunn have.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Oct 1, 2012 -> 09:25 PM)
Peavy is not going to be here next year.

Isn't it pretty much a given that they're going to thumb their nose at his eleventy billion dollar option and try to offer him something a bit more reasonable? I don't have anything against Jake in a Sox uniform, but this 1 healthy and productive year of his hasn't made anyone forget the amount of time he missed in the years prior. He's got to be willing to take some sort of 1 year deal if he ever wants anyone to throw more years and more zeroes at him in the future. I don't trust the Quintanas/Stantiagos/Humbers to grab the remaining 2 spots of a Sale/Danks/Floyd rotation. The 3 of them can compete for the 5th spot.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 2, 2012 -> 05:04 AM)
Seeing the highlights of the Tigers winning and celebrating pissed me off so much. That should have been the Sox. Couldn't beat the f***ing Royals.

So many times the Tigers were begging to get buried. It wasn't their year, but Sox definitely helped make it their year. Losing 8 of 9 in the final two weeks is so sorry that it's laughable. Maybe next year.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Oct 2, 2012 -> 05:10 AM)
I don't trust the Quintanas/Stantiagos/Humbers to grab the remaining 2 spots of a Sale/Danks/Floyd rotation. The 3 of them can compete for the 5th spot.

Good post. I don't trust them either. You got big problems if those guys take up 2 rotation spots. Problem is some team probably will give Jake three years 15-20 million a year.

I sure hope the Sox don't sign Guthrie or Chen. Gawd that would piss me off. They are not good pitchers just cause they beat the Sox, Kenny.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Oct 1, 2012 -> 11:10 PM)
Isn't it pretty much a given that they're going to thumb their nose at his eleventy billion dollar option and try to offer him something a bit more reasonable? I don't have anything against Jake in a Sox uniform, but this 1 healthy and productive year of his hasn't made anyone forget the amount of time he missed in the years prior. He's got to be willing to take some sort of 1 year deal if he ever wants anyone to throw more years and more zeroes at him in the future. I don't trust the Quintanas/Stantiagos/Humbers to grab the remaining 2 spots of a Sale/Danks/Floyd rotation. The 3 of them can compete for the 5th spot.

Peavy can't beat Detroit either.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 1, 2012 -> 11:19 PM)
Good post. I don't trust them either. You got big problems if those guys take up 2 rotation spots. Problem is some team probably will give Jake three years 15-20 million a year.

I sure hope the Sox don't sign Guthrie or Chen. Gawd that would piss me off. They are not good pitchers just cause they beat the Sox, Kenny.

Please elaborate.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Oct 1, 2012 -> 11:03 PM)
I dont know if this is a snark comment on the "excuses" some have made about the sox injuries or not but a left ankle injury for a RH batter doesnt effect a hitters swing like a wrist/hand or even an oblique problem like PK and Dunn have.

Fans make way too many excuses for Konerko when they think his numbers should match Ted Williams. The guy is known for long slumps. Plus age may be catching up with him. As for tired, that's the lamest excuse ever. Let me now when Cabrera and Fielder get tired. They might have had one day off the whole season. Their day off is when one of them is a DH.

QUOTE (flavum @ Oct 1, 2012 -> 08:25 PM)
When you look at Fielder and Cabrera's numbers, and the fact that the tigers have a decent bullpen and led the league in quality starts, how many games did they lose because of defense? 8? 10?

They're a really good team that plays really bad defense.

They are an underachieving team that gave the Sox hope this season. Their poor defense (and base running) will haunt them in the playoffs. I look forward to watching them go out in the division series.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Oct 2, 2012 -> 12:02 AM)
Fans make way too many excuses for Konerko when they think his numbers should match Ted Williams. The guy is known for long slumps. Plus age may be catching up with him. As for tired, that's the lamest excuse ever. Let me now when Cabrera and Fielder get tired. They might have had one day off the whole season. Their day off is when one of them is a DH.

I've never said anything about the team being tired.

Do you know how important your wrist is when hitting a baseball??? Have you ever had any kind of baseball coaching in your life??? I played a little High School ball and our coach preached wrist power. He had us take a broom stick with a string that had a 5 pound weight attached to it and we would have to twist that stick around to strengthen our wrists. It's a huge part of your swing, unlike a sore ankle which barely, if at all comes into play for a RH hitter.

Thats one "excuse" and no ones saying he should have Ted Williams numbers but he certainly wouldn't have batted .240 with less RBIs than the 8 and 9 hitter on the ball club.....The Sox lost so many games by 2 runs or less, if they had even a .275 PK we win at least 3 or 4 of those games which would put the Sox still in the pennant race.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 2, 2012 -> 01:08 AM)
We don't trust Quintana/Santiago/Humber to take 2 rotation spots. We'd rather get a good veteran not named Guthrie.

First off, Humber won't even sniff the rotation next year. I can see Axlerod in the rotation before Phil.

Past the fact that the first 2 are LHers and it would give the rotation 4 lefties I dont see why not. If one was a RHer Id have no problem with them building on their good rookie campaigns. I see one of them being traded this offseason. Preferably Q, not a knock on Q but I really like what Ive seen out of Hector as a starter.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Oct 2, 2012 -> 12:02 AM)

As soon as the season ends, Paulie will be undergoing wrist surgery. I think that's a pretty legit excuse.