Your 2013 Plan for the White Sox

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 08:57 PM)
KW open to idea of bringing Myers back next year as a starter, Might not be a bad idea. He can serve as a cheap innings eater to protect Sale, Danks, and Quintana.

http://www.csnchicago.com/baseball-chicago...mp;feedID=10338

How long ago was he a starter? Could he be another guy that runs out of gas after throwing so many innings?

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 09:02 PM)
How long ago was he a starter? Could he be another guy that runs out of gas after throwing so many innings?

I think he's a guy who could throw 200 innings in his sleep. Not sure if there would be better options for $10M.

QUOTE (daggins @ Oct 4, 2012 -> 01:02 AM)
Jeez stop with the Guthrie talk, the guy is hot garbage.

I'd love to get Haren on a bounce back contract but so would 29 other teams so theres that.

I am worried the Sox might sign him. I realize Guthrie is a joke. He looked like Chen vs. the Sox though.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Oct 4, 2012 -> 02:02 AM)

How the hell could Kenny even consider paying Myers that kind of money? Keep Peavy if you are going to pay Myers 10 mill. My gosh.

Give me Guthrie over Myers if the money is equal. With that said, I'm pretty happy with what KW said before the game today about spending money for next season. It was a different vibe than when he complains about the attendance, etc. He made it sound like the organization felt they had to spend money to get the team over the top, which would then equate to getting more fans out to the park.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 09:19 PM)
Give me Guthrie over Myers if the money is equal. With that said, I'm pretty happy with what KW said before the game today about spending money for next season. It was a different vibe than when he complains about the attendance, etc. He made it sound like the organization felt they had to spend money to get the team over the top, which would then equate to getting more fans out to the park.

That's a shocker.

I'm really excited for offseason.

Yikes the season has been over for less than an hour.

Wow, I would love to see the actual quotes. That sounds a bit different indeed.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/videogallery...tendance-issues

This video makes it sound more like they want to try and enhance the fan experience in order to get more fans out to the game. Sorry about the confusion relating to spending more on talent. Still, nice to hear KW not be defensive about the attendance.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 09:53 PM)
Youk had some pretty strong comments relating to the attendance and being shocked that the Sox, despite being in a pennant race, were playing second fiddle to the Cubs.

He's been saying that since he got here. I rather he not worry about the Cubs.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 09:53 PM)
Youk had some pretty strong comments relating to the attendance and being shocked that the Sox, despite being in a pennant race, were playing second fiddle to the Cubs.

Youk's short stint in Chicago has confirmed his reputation as a giant horse's ass. I hope they don't re-sign him just so I can stop rooting for him.

I don't have the time to put a lot of thought into a full plan, but i just have one request for next years team. I like DeAza as a leadoff hitter playing LEFT field. Please, please, please, can we get a real centerfielder?

I actully like Wise as a centerfielder, but I do realize that he is not a starting CF on a contending team.

QUOTE (Cali @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 04:46 PM)
And?

When I call a player weak mentally I don't only mean their averages with RISP. It's affects every aspect of their game and in the clubhouse.

Also you're giving me their year totals, which were impressive to start the year and putrid down the stretch when a division title was on the line. That's the definition of mentally weak.

So you have no statistical proof? Nothing to actually show any effect, other than some guys slumped when injured. I'd call that pretty weak.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 08:57 PM)
KW open to idea of bringing Myers back next year as a starter, Might not be a bad idea. He can serve as a cheap innings eater to protect Sale, Danks, and Quintana.

http://www.csnchicago.com/baseball-chicago...mp;feedID=10338

I'd rather bring back Jake for a bit more.

With having four lefties potentially able to be in the rotation next year (Danks, Sale, Santiago, and Quintana) could Kenny look to sell high on Jose Quintana?

We all saw what happened with Phil Humber this year, and guys like Gavin Floyd who never took that next big step. If the Sox could bring back Peavy that would set the Sox up with six men in the rotation (without even talking about someone like Axelrod). If you trade Quintana, it resets the rotation with only three lefties and two righties. Outside of Sale, Quintana might well have the highest trade value of any pitcher on this team because of his age and his contract status. Thinking out loud here, but could a team out there be interested in selling on a young/cheap 3B in a package for Quintana? If so, should Kenny be interested?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 4, 2012 -> 03:15 PM)
With having four lefties potentially able to be in the rotation next year (Danks, Sale, Santiago, and Quintana) could Kenny look to sell high on Jose Quintana?

We all saw what happened with Phil Humber this year, and guys like Gavin Floyd who never took that next big step. If the Sox could bring back Peavy that would set the Sox up with six men in the rotation (without even talking about someone like Axelrod). If you trade Quintana, it resets the rotation with only three lefties and two righties. Outside of Sale, Quintana might well have the highest trade value of any pitcher on this team because of his age and his contract status. Thinking out loud here, but could a team out there be interested in selling on a young/cheap 3B in a package for Quintana? If so, should Kenny be interested?

Interesting thought.

I actually thought about the same with Viciedo in regards to the bolded.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Oct 4, 2012 -> 03:14 PM)
Maybe it's just me, but I have no idea why anyone would ever choose to keep Hector Santiago over Jose Quintana.

I can see some reasons - Santiago has nastier stuff and more velocity, so he might be better in the long run.

That said, I don't see wanting to get rid of either of them.