Who are you rooting for in 2012 MLB Playoffs?

justBLAZE

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you rooting for?

• Atlanta Braves
    • Cincinati Reds
    • St. Louis Cardinals
    • Washington Nationals
    • Baltimore Orioles
    • New York Yankees
    • Oakland A's
    • Texas Rangers
    • Detroit Tigers
    • San Francisco Giants

My nightmare scenario of boredom is creeping up as possible:

ALCS: Tigers (2006 World Series loser) vs. Yankees (2009 World Series winner)

NLCS: Giants (2010 World Series winner) vs. Cardinals (2011 World Series winner)

Zzzzzzzzzzzz. I want new blood in there! If the Sox can't be in the Series I want teams that haven't been in a long time in there....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cali @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 04:57 PM)
My nightmare scenario of boredom is creeping up as possible:

ALCS: Tigers (2006 World Series loser) vs. Yankees (2009 World Series winner)

NLCS: Giants (2010 World Series winner) vs. Cardinals (2011 World Series winner)

Zzzzzzzzzzzz. I want new blood in there! If the Sox can't be in the Series I want teams that haven't been in a long time in there....

For some reason I'm really disinterested this year, as last year I was all into it.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 06:05 PM)
For some reason I'm really disinterested this year, as last year I was all into it.

Me too. I think it's because the NL races weren't decided so early.

I would not be surprised if the Tigers make it to the WS.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 12, 2012 -> 01:36 AM)
Well 2 of the teams I was rooting for are out in A's/Reds. If the Nats/Orioles get knocked out I officially do not care about the rest of the playoffs.

I agree and going into the playoffs I thought the Sox did not deserve to be there but the A's and O's are not better than the White Sox. I am not certain the Yankees are either.

The affect PED's had on baseball is incredible.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 12, 2012 -> 09:36 AM)
To rank the 6 remaining teams in order of rooting interest:

1 Washington

2 Baltimore

3 San Francisco

4 Saint Louis

5 Yankees

6 Detroit

This remaining field holds so much hate for me.

I can't root for the Yankees and Tigers, well, ever.

f*** Washington for the whole Adam Dunn/Edwin Jackson BS, plus being stupid enough to knuckle under to an agent and shutdown your ace for no real good reason.

I can't root for Baltimore because I don't want to see Peter Angelos rewarded for what he did to the Orioles franchise. He took them from the top of baseball and almost destroyed them.

That leaves the Cards and Giants. The Giants do nothing for me. That leaves the Machiavellian in me to root for St Louis.

Is it hockey season yet? f***.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 12, 2012 -> 10:08 AM)
This remaining field holds so much hate for me.

I can't root for the Yankees and Tigers, well, ever.

f*** Washington for the whole Adam Dunn/Edwin Jackson BS, plus being stupid enough to knuckle under to an agent and shutdown your ace for no real good reason.

I can't root for Baltimore because I don't want to see Peter Angelos rewarded for what he did to the Orioles franchise. He took them from the top of baseball and almost destroyed them.

That leaves the Cards and Giants. The Giants do nothing for me. That leaves the Machiavellian in me to root for St Louis.

Is it hockey season yet? f***.

You are so right. There is something I like about Showalter though.

I would love O's v Cards or these remaining teams.

Oddly, I like Leyland and Sleepy Gene Lemont but that team......ugh.

Really sad that LaRussa and Leyland could have been staples in Chicago for some time.

QUOTE (flavum @ Oct 13, 2012 -> 07:43 AM)
I want the Tigers to win. The other three have won the World Series the last three years, and I'm an AL guy.

Now don't get me wrong, I won't be going out buying a Tigers hat and cheering every run. But it's been 28 years for them. Go ahead and win.

F those D-bags

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 13, 2012 -> 06:12 AM)
F those D-bags

Ironically I wouldn't have cared if the 2006 Tigers had won. Sure Maggs was kind of a dick, but other than that...

The 2012 team? Chock full of classless pieces of s***. Combined with throwing money around like they're the Yankees. I hope the Cardinals beat them again (I think that will be the match up by the way, although there would be a small bit of intrigue of a Yankees vs. Cardinals, most championships vs. second most championships match up as well)

Amazing how the Tigers played like dogs all season until the end when we gave it to them on a platter. Now they turn it on big time in the postseason.

Yes I hope they complete the deal, then really get lazy and complacent this offseason and hopefully we'll beat them out next year.

Since every team I wanted to win lost in the Division Series, so now I'm just watching for drama.

My uncle lives in Detroit and asked if I would drive to Detroit for a World Series game and purchase my ticket on one condition - I root for the Tigers at the game. I can't turn this opportunity down. Am I a bad White Sox fan?

Since every team I wanted to win lost in the Division Series, so now I'm just watching for drama.

My uncle lives in Detroit and asked if I would drive to Detroit for a World Series game and purchase my ticket on one condition - I root for the Tigers at the game. I can't turn this opportunity down. Am I a bad White Sox fan?

You're only a bad White Sox fan if you fail to negotiate beer and/or gas money in addition to the free ticket.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 05:13 PM)

A true White Sox fan would show up in Tigers apparel, then as soon as the 1st pitch is thrown, you rip off the Tigers gear and be wearing Cardinals/Giants stuff underneath. You are already in the stadium, what's your uncle gonna do, kick you out?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 08:29 PM)
A true White Sox fan would show up in Tigers apparel, then as soon as the 1st pitch is thrown, you rip off the Tigers gear and be wearing Cardinals/Giants stuff underneath. You are already in the stadium, what's your uncle gonna do, kick you out?

I love this post so much

The Cards lost their manager, a perennial MVP candidate, their DP combo, and one of their top starters from a championship club, and yet are about to advance to the WS from the wild-card for the second straight year.

Color me impressed. Go Redbirds.

Edit: I forgot to mention they are also doing it without Fat Elvis. And a full year of Cody Rasmus. (for Steve)

Edited by PlaySumFnJurny