2012-2013 MLB off season tracker thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 31, 2012 -> 04:26 PM)
Ervin Santana + Cash to the Royals for minor league RP Brandon Sisk.

That's a damn low asking price.

He is coming off the worst season of his career and will be 30 and a free agent after 2013. If he has a bounce back year, he could be a good trading chip at the deadline.

Santana was worth -0.9 fWAR last year. His HR/FB was 19%. His BABIP was actually really low at .241. What this tells all of us is that he sucked last year, despite getting lucky.

Santana will probably be awful for the Royals and have his only acceptable starts vs. the Sox.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 31, 2012 -> 05:41 PM)
He is coming off the worst season of his career and will be 30 and a free agent after 2013. If he has a bounce back year, he could be a good trading chip at the deadline.

Yeah, I didn't realize how horrendous he was in 2012. I thought he was still that same sub-3 WAR pitcher.

And brother of Ex-Sox Melido Perez

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-b...-perez-murdered

Report: Former All-Star Pascual Perez murdered

By Matt Snyder | Senior Blogger

November 1, 2012 10:30 am ET

Former Major League Baseball pitcher Pascual Perez has been killed during a robbery at his home in the Dominican Republic, reports listindiario.com, via the Montreal Expos Twitter feed.

According to the report, Perez had received his MLB pension payment Wednesday, which seems like a possible motive to the robbery and murder. The local authorities are still gathering information and searching for the killer(s).

Perez was 55.

In 11 seasons, Perez went 67-68 with a 3.44 ERA and 1.21 WHIP. He was an All-Star with the Braves in 1983 and also put together a few solid campaigns for the Expos in the late '80s.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Nov 2, 2012 -> 10:14 AM)
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS

#cubs and #redsox among teams in on Dan Haren trade talks. north siders a new entry.

I'm guessing they would be willing to absorb Haren's contract without giving up much rather than trade someone decent for more cash.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Nov 2, 2012 -> 10:14 AM)

#cubs and #redsox among teams in on Dan Haren trade talks. north siders a new entry.

If the Cubs got Haren they would bank on him being good and receiving a prospect or two at the deadline for him. Probably not a bad move for a team that has $$ to spend on a rebuilding effort.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 2, 2012 -> 12:41 PM)

#yankees seen as likely to make $13.3M qualifying offers today to soriano, swisher and kuroda

I bet Kuroda stays in New York. It was pretty impressive that he went from Chavez Ravine in the NL West to Yankee Stadium in the AL East and pitched better.

I could see Soriano going to Detroit, they have the money to spend and are in win-now mode.

Swisher? Whereever he goes, it will be a massive overpay I bet.