2013 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 30, 2013 -> 01:05 PM)
What happened to spoiler tags?

The only reason I didn't was because I figured everyone and their mother would be watching last night, and anyone who missed it would be aware enough to avoid most of the internet, especially a TV thread.

I hope nothing got spoiled for anyone, though.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 30, 2013 -> 01:25 PM)
Out of common courtesy, I personally use a 48 hour window with spoiler tags for TV shows.

Yeah, I try to be vague right after something airs, but in this case I figured it would be a give in that everyone that watches the saw either saw it last night, or knows better not to read this thread.

And speaking of TV shows airing last night, Boardwalk was pretty good. I love Eddie's new role, that was a lot of fun to see him enjoy himself, and the thing with Eli's kid is kind of weird, unless we see him delve in to the crime world, which I guess is the only reason he would be getting so much air time I suppose.

And when did George/Van Alden start building a house? I must have missed that part earlier.

Couple things that didn't make sense in the final:

How did Walt get back to New Mexico from New Hampshire so damn quick to be there when the Grey Matter people got home when the lady on the phone said they would be back that night. Didn't make sense.

Also how did he get ricin in the packet for Lidia?? You can't reseal that packet and it isn't where she always sits. Last time she met Todd she sat by the window I though. This time was different??

What does everyone think?

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Sep 30, 2013 -> 04:21 PM)

How did Walt get back to New Mexico from New Hampshire so damn quick to be there when the Grey Matter people got home when the lady on the phone said they would be back that night. Didn't make sense.

Also how did he get ricin in the packet for Lidia?? You can't reseal that packet and it isn't where she always sits. Last time she met Todd she sat by the window I though. This time was different??

Do we know what state he made that phone call in? I honestly don't remember, so it's possible he called from New Mexico.

I too considered how he got the ricin in the packet at well, but figured maybe he made a small hole in the side of it and filled it that way. It's not impossible, it would just take a lot of careful filling.

And as far as I could tell, that's where she always sat, but I didn't go back and look.

He called from New Mexico first and foremost, not New Hampshire.

That part is easy. He just made his own stevia package with ricin in it and put his packet there and removed the rest. That's not criminal mastermind s*** there.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 30, 2013 -> 04:49 PM)
He called from New Mexico first and foremost, not New Hampshire.

That part is easy. He just made his own stevia package with ricin in it and put his packet there and removed the rest. That's not criminal mastermind s*** there.

He did call from New Mexico?? How do you know that??

Maybe he did but doesn't seem plausible with everything going on he would make his on stevia package lol

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Sep 30, 2013 -> 05:04 PM)

Maybe he did but doesn't seem plausible with everything going on he would make his on stevia package lol

I just rewatched the scene. Not only is the landscape of the gas station very similar to New Mexico, and not only does he stretch and moan when he gets out of the car, as if he had been driving a while, but they show a wideshot of him on the phone and the sign says "Canoncito gas". That's the name of a town in New Mexico, 45 minutes outside of Albuquerque.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 30, 2013 -> 01:37 PM)
My wife is at a conference and won't be back until Wednesday. We've watched every episode together since the pilot premiered.

Waiting until Wednesday and avoiding everything is killing me.

Watch without telling her than watch it again with her. Like it'd be the first lie in your marriage.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Sep 30, 2013 -> 06:04 PM)

It was definitely the southwest. They panned around with long shots and you could see the desert backdrop and the mountains in the distance.

He could have just resealed the packet of Stevia. He's always been quite meticulous. The key was leaving just the one packet.

She was sitting by the window when she met Todd the time before, but I believe that was more of an impromptu meeting that Todd called. Still not sure that she always sat in the same place though as I think I remember her sitting by the window when she met Walt as well. So not sure how he knew she would sit there?

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 30, 2013 -> 05:14 PM)
I just rewatched the scene. Not only is the landscape of the gas station very similar to New Mexico, and not only does he stretch and moan when he gets out of the car, as if he had been driving a while, but they show a wideshot of him on the phone and the sign says "Canoncito gas". That's the name of a town in New Mexico, 45 minutes outside of Albuquerque.

I don't pay much attention to detail obviously lol