2013 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 2, 2013 -> 08:50 PM)
Gilligan on the official BB podcast was interesting with the pitched story lines they didn't go with. Walt Jr dying in S1, and Skyler committing suicide in the end.

I forgot where I saw the article, but it outlined 8-10 storylines that the writers came out with that they never decided to go with. One of those include Marie shooting a pizza guy, Walt running in to another former student at the gas station in the finale when he made the call to find out where Gretchen and Elliot live, and a bunch of others I can't remember right now.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 2, 2013 -> 08:51 PM)
I forgot where I saw the article, but it outlined 8-10 storylines that the writers came out with that they never decided to go with. One of those include Marie shooting a pizza guy, Walt running in to another former student at the gas station in the finale when he made the call to find out where Gretchen and Elliot live, and a bunch of others I can't remember right now.

it is worth a read

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/05/breaking-bad-story-lines/

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 07:07 AM)

And check out this article.

Here's a snippet:

It's been widely reported that Jesse was not originally supposed to survive beyond the first season of "Breaking Bad." But as Gilligan revealed, Walt Jr. might have been killed off, too. In the early days of the series, Gilligan proposed that Walt avenges Jesse's death by tying up his killer in the basement and methodically lopping off and cauterizing one of his limbs each day. Should the killer try to escape, he'd set off a trip wire hooked up to a gun targeted at his heart. Eventually, Walt Jr. would stumble on his father's torture chamber and come to the aid of the horribly maimed man, who, in turn, would set off the jury-rigged weapon. They'd both die in a hail of bullets.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 07:14 AM)
<!--quoteo(post=2874062:date=Oct 3, 2013 -> 08:08 AM:name=Brian)-->
QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 08:08 AM)
<!--quotec-->I don't know. Copied from article. Never heard of em.

You've never heard of Badfinger!?!?!?!?! For shame.

And enjoy.

Fun Fact: One of their guitarists hanged himself.

Fun Fact?! Maybe a poor choice of words.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 01:20 PM)
And check out this article.

Here's a snippet:

That would have been terrible, I'm so glad they didn't go that route. Walt's and Jesse's relationship wasn't nearly strong enough at that point, nor was Walt that far descended into that world. He never really became sadistic, only the one time when he told Jesse that he watched Jane die.

1. Did Huell ever make it out of that motel room? If not, we at least hope the place has free HBO -- or, uh, AMC.

There was a DEA agent there. He wasn't in on the scope of the operation, but I'm sure as soon as he found out Hank and Steve were dead, he realized what was going on. Huell might have been charged with some kind of criminal conspiracy charges, though.

3. Where is the rest of Walt's fortune? Walt shot Uncle Jack in the head before the nasty old buzzard could tell him where he'd stashed those barrels full of cash. So where are they? And will the government get the money once the cache is discovered?

If they find the barrels on the compound, yes, it'll be seized as part of the drug operation.

4. What really happened with Walt at Gray Matter? This is the grandaddy of all unanswered "Breaking Bad" questions. We know Walt was pushed out of the company and forced to turn to teaching, but we'll never know why, exactly -- or if Walt's resentment of Gretchen and Elliot was at all justified.

I dunno, I always thought they were pretty clear that it was a love triangle thing.

6. Is Marie still a klepto? The last time Marie's kleptomania resurfaced, she stole a souvenir spoon from an open house while Hank was recovering in the hospital near the beginning of Season 4. Given the stress she's been under lately, we're guessing her shoplifting compulsion may return.

Ok so really there were 9 decent questions, but they needed something to make it a nice, round 10?

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 11:50 PM)
I have spent most of my free time lately watching Friday Night Lights. I have no clue how I wasn't all over this show when I was in college.

One of my favs of all time. Rare show that got better as the series went on.

Parks & Rec and Big Bang killed it last night...again.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 4, 2013 -> 08:49 AM)
One of my favs of all time. Rare show that got better as the series went on.

Parks & Rec and Big Bang killed it last night...again.

Have to disagree. The Ron off the grid stuff was funny, but everything else was kinda meh. April is one of the worst characters on TV right now. Leslie/Ben can be gag-inducing. And the funniest guy on the show after Ron (Andy) wasn't in it. Parks and Rec and Modern Family are kind of in the same boat for me - they've run out the same formula for so long now it's getting a little old. They need some new characters or something to spice things up. Maybe a new Tammy episode.

Anyone watch Masters of Sex? The wife and I caught the pilot last night. Very well done. I think we'll stick with it.

So the Comcast technician came and said that the problem is that our wires are all chewed up. (We have a cat that likes to chew cords for some reason.) Then he tells us that they would charge us $60 to come in and run new wires. We told him no thanks, we can do it ourselves for a tenth of that.

Then he questioned us having a 3-way splitter in our basement (which I guess we really don't need because we don't have a TV down there anymore) and tried to insist that the wires in our house are causing problems for other people and he would have report all this to his boss and our service might get shut off.

Yea, I'm definitely switching now. I talked to someone from DirectTV and they said I can just call up before the free 3-month period ends and cancel the premium channels I don't want/need. Plus I'll finally be able to join the 2000's and get a DVR.