2013 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 13, 2013 -> 10:57 PM)
If this season of Homeland keeps up, they're going to have a top 3 draft pick next year. It's been just awful!

Haven't seen last nights yet, but hopefully this doesn't mean we get loads of Dana again. Ugh.

I've liked parts of the first 2 episodes. The stuff with Saul throwing Carrie under the bus has been good to me. Just too much Dana is all.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 14, 2013 -> 11:26 AM)
Haven't seen last nights yet, but hopefully this doesn't mean we get loads of Dana again. Ugh.

I've liked parts of the first 2 episodes. The stuff with Saul throwing Carrie under the bus has been good to me. Just too much Dana is all.

0 Dana last night. That episode was terrific. Fathom is cray.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Oct 14, 2013 -> 07:15 AM)
Solid opening to The Walking Dead.

I wonder if the kid that turned at the end had been infected or died from something else. It seemed like he was infected, and if that was the case I'm sure we'll find out why soon.

I thought the episode was somewhat mediocre to be honest. Too much ambiguity with that kid and some of the stuff with Rick. Wasn't very compelling.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 14, 2013 -> 12:23 PM)
I thought the episode was somewhat mediocre to be honest. Too much ambiguity with that kid and some of the stuff with Rick. Wasn't very compelling.

I didn't have anything wrong with the ambiguity surrounding the new kid, I'm sure it will be addressed in a future episode, but in general I thought the episode was kind of slow. The walkers dropping from the roof was an entertaining scene though.

What else can they do, there is no "lets try and solve this" storyline, so its basically little house on the prairie with gruesome deaths.

It makes for an enjoyable 50 minutes to zone out to.

The comedy I like so far is "The Goldbergs" but I lived in the suburbs in the 80s, so I have a special connection to it.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 14, 2013 -> 11:23 AM)

There was a bit of a time jump from the end of last season. I think (and hope) that more will be explained with the kid in the future. Rick's been messed up for a while now, and I think the episode showed that he's slowly coming back. Carl, though...what's up with that kid?

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Oct 14, 2013 -> 12:26 PM)
There was a bit of a time jump from the end of last season. I think (and hope) that more will be explained with the kid in the future. Rick's been messed up for a while now, and I think the episode showed that he's slowly coming back. Carl, though...what's up with that kid?

Well, he killed his mom. So there is that

Nothing new ever happens to the main cast. Rick is torn about something. The dude in the motorcycle is a bad ass. Carol likes him. The old Doc provides some advice via analogies. Glen and his gf suffer grief but hug it out. Carl lost the hat but now has too much hair, etc.

The zombies are always good, and they were again tonight. But everything else is such crap in this show. The entire aside with Rick and the irish chick - what did that accomplish? What message was delivered there that we didn't already cover 4 times in prior seasons? Zombie apocalypses suck and you have to do awful things to survive? Hmm, that's new.

I watch because the zombie kills are always excellent, but man it's upsetting that this show can't raise the bar a little bit. The governor was the best part of the show so far and i'm sure he won't be back until the end of the season (if ever).

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 14, 2013 -> 01:42 PM)
Nothing new ever happens to the main cast. Rick is torn about something. The dude in the motorcycle is a bad ass. Carol likes him. The old Doc provides some advice via analogies. Glen and his gf suffer grief but hug it out. Carl lost the hat but now has too much hair, etc.

The zombies are always good, and they were again tonight. But everything else is such crap in this show. The entire aside with Rick and the irish chick - what did that accomplish? What message was delivered there that we didn't already cover 4 times in prior seasons? Zombie apocalypses suck and you have to do awful things to survive? Hmm, that's new.

I watch because the zombie kills are always excellent, but man it's upsetting that this show can't raise the bar a little bit. The governor was the best part of the show so far and i'm sure he won't be back until the end of the season (if ever).

According to various reports, he'll be back and there will be at least two episodes basically just about him

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 14, 2013 -> 12:42 PM)

That Irish chick is going to kill someone important as a Zombie. Just watch.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 14, 2013 -> 02:30 PM)
That Irish chick is going to kill someone important as a Zombie. Just watch.

I thought the same thing.

Here's what I didn't understand about that whole scene -

why did she end up killing herself? I mean, she tried to "feed" her husband's head with Rick (though they haven't really established if zombies need to feed and if so how that would be possible with only a head. Also, they showed a bunch of dried up and old zombies with the helicopter crash, what was with that? Did they die of starvation? if so, why didn't the other zombies on the roof die? Also two, it was lame that when Glen got caught in the leg the zombie growled at him for 10 seconds, but the kid that eventually gets killed was bitten right away, no hesitation...all pretty dumb/inconsistent IMO). But she failed with that, so she decided she wanted to become a zombie to be with him? Why not just get bitten? Or why not kill yourself ages ago? Why do it after finding a real person who potentially offers safety?

Edited by Jenksismybitch

People are still watching the Walking Dead? Man, ditching that show was such a great decision. I don't have to be frustrated by it anymore. That show started so great with season 1 and then it just devolved into repetition. The comments on last night's episode sound exactly like the show I ditched a year ago.