2013 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 8, 2013 -> 09:57 AM)
That's been the moral of the story for 5 years.

Story morals need to be retold frequently so they are not forgotten. Im not sure about the Morgan Saylor moral, it seems to be up for debate

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 8, 2013 -> 01:42 PM)
I honestly don't even know who Alison Brie is. I mean, I've heard the name, but I wouldn't be able to point her out. She must not star in anything that I watch.

I had to look it up, too. She's Trudy in Mad Men...that's the only place I recognize her from.

I've had the Genie system for a few days now and wow is it cool. No more being stuck watching some crap my wife tapes because we had 2 shows on at the same time. Also, I'm a huge fan of the PIP with 2 channels. Now I can flip from the game to something else and always know when the game comes back from commercial.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 8, 2013 -> 03:49 PM)
I've had the Genie system for a few days now and wow is it cool. No more being stuck watching some crap my wife tapes because we had 2 shows on at the same time. Also, I'm a huge fan of the PIP with 2 channels. Now I can flip from the game to something else and always know when the game comes back from commercial.

It is seriously awesome. I actually forget that i can do some of the stuff that I can do.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 8, 2013 -> 03:49 PM)

It's amazing how much this old technology is welcomed like 20 years later. I was just talking to my dad about this a couple days ago, how we wish we still had the ability to PiP our shows on the TV. We were flipping back and forth between the ND/ASU game and the Hawks/Lightning game.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 8, 2013 -> 05:57 PM)
It's amazing how much this old technology is welcomed like 20 years later. I was just talking to my dad about this a couple days ago, how we wish we still had the ability to PiP our shows on the TV. We were flipping back and forth between the ND/ASU game and the Hawks/Lightning game.

What I don't get is why TV's can't PIP 2 separate HDMI sources. It infuriates me. I'd love to be able to play Madden on my PS3 while watching a game.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 12:28 PM)
Also as SOA showed us, do not mess with the Irish Kings.

I've given up on trying to guess what is going to happen next. I'm just along for the ride now. Although it's becoming difficult to remember who is lying to and/or double-crossing who.

That forced interaction between Clay and Gemma by the guards was a little odd. I hope there will be a reason for it eventually.

Is there a single non-crooked guard in that entire prison?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 01:33 PM)
What I don't get is why TV's can't PIP 2 separate HDMI sources. It infuriates me. I'd love to be able to play Madden on my PS3 while watching a game.

I would think playing a game with a tv screen in the corner would be pretty tough. Luckily for me, my TV and my computer are about a foot apart from eachother, so on Sundays I pull up football games on my laptop while playing NHL '14 on mute on my TV. Or when Chris Sale was pitching I did the same thing.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 01:28 PM)
If anyone watches Hell on Wheels, did you think the finale was creepy, odd and somewhat uncomfortable.

I'm about to start catching up on HoW right now. I'm glad that somehow none of the 3 or 4 episodes I have left have not been ruined yet. I'll let you know when I finish the season.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 12:33 PM)

Tablet with DirecTV for tablets is perfect for this scenario. I enjoyed a game of Madden last night with the baseball game on the tablet.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 02:22 PM)
I'm about to start catching up on HoW right now. I'm glad that somehow none of the 3 or 4 episodes I have left have not been ruined yet. I'll let you know when I finish the season.

It built to the finale like Breaking Bad, the two episodes leading to he finale were awesome.

The finale.....well just wait and see. My wife and I had very different opinions.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 12:28 PM)
If anyone watches Hell on Wheels, did you think the finale was creepy, odd and somewhat uncomfortable.

Also as SOA showed us, do not mess with the Irish Kings.

Yes the finale was real strange and creepy the whole season was really not as good as season 1 and 2. I would not be surprised If it is cancelled. Rating were down this year going against college football.

Edited by Soxfest