2013 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 25, 2013 -> 05:11 PM)
For the complete losers out there who haven't watched Breaking Bad, AMC is doing a 5 day marathon of all 5 seasons in order starting tonight at 7pm CST. Set those DVRs.

I'm a complete loser because I've never watched Breaking Bad and I don't have a DVR. :(

I have enough trouble keeping up with SOA and Under the Dome.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Sep 26, 2013 -> 10:40 AM)
I'm a complete loser because I've never watched Breaking Bad and I don't have a DVR. :(

I'm halfway through season 2 of BB and its getting really really good. I'd recommend watching it on netflix.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Sep 26, 2013 -> 10:40 AM)

BB right now makes all other television a waste of time. I like Hell on Wheels and SOA and both are having good seasons but BB is on another level. Last show like that was early Lost seasons. BB builds early then tappers off a little but now is better than ever.

nah it's true. It's a good show but people calling it the greatest of all time and putting it next to the Wire and Sopranos are so far off. It's closer to something like Homeland. Over the top, unrealistic when you stop and think, and completely ridiculous at times but you'll still enjoy it if you turn your brain off for an hour a week. It is still great TV.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 26, 2013 -> 11:39 AM)
Breaking Bad is incredibly overrated by those caught up in the moment, but it's still pretty good. Definitely worth watching through it.

I thought it was the best show on television while watching previous seasons - so caught up in the moment? No.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 26, 2013 -> 12:01 PM)
nah it's true. It's a good show but people calling it the greatest of all time and putting it next to the Wire and Sopranos are so far off. It's closer to something like Homeland. Over the top, unrealistic when you stop and think, and completely ridiculous at times but you'll still enjoy it if you turn your brain off for an hour a week. It is still great TV.

To each his own. Anyone who says "The Wire" > "Breaking Bad" is just trying to be cool and different in my book. There has been what, maybe one or two "not great" episodes of Breaking Bad, while entire seasons of The Wire flat out stunk.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 26, 2013 -> 11:39 AM)
Breaking Bad is incredibly overrated by those caught up in the moment, but it's still pretty good. Definitely worth watching through it.

As a huge BB fan I keep thinking this too. HOWEVAH, there has never been a show I was more excited to get home and watch. Lost had that same momentum, but this show is on another level in terms of excitement/anxiety (and acting and writing and cinematography, and etc).

Move over Sopranos and the Wire (talk about overrated). BB is officially the best of all time in my book.

Haven't seen the wire, but even while watching Sopranos, there was an obvious drop off after the first couple of seasons, while BB has gotten better every single year.

I watched the entire series of the Wire over the summer. It was a great show but it had some slower moments that Breaking Bad does not. There was nothing as gripping to bring you back week after week like Breaking Bad does.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 26, 2013 -> 12:13 PM)
As a huge BB fan I keep thinking this too. HOWEVAH, there has never been a show I was more excited to get home and watch. Lost had that same momentum, but this show is on another level in terms of excitement/anxiety (and acting and writing and cinematography, and etc).

Move over Sopranos and the Wire (talk about overrated). BB is officially the best of all time in my book.

Lost is the closest show to BB in my world. I think they had a bit of a lull in the middle too as they got kind of way out there, but we will see how the ending is before reserving GOAT judgement.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 26, 2013 -> 12:04 PM)
To each his own. Anyone who says "The Wire" > "Breaking Bad" is just trying to be cool and different in my book. There has been what, maybe one or two "not great" episodes of Breaking Bad, while entire seasons of The Wire flat out stunk.

Sopranos too. BB built towards its ending. The Sopranos and The Wire both spun their wheels a couple of times.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

It's all subjective but Breaking Bad is the greatest show I've ever seen.

Not to put down Buehrle but people who try to diminish BB miss the big picture. It's great in everyway. Acting, directing, writing, cinematography, everything.

Naturally, there will be haters for everything popular, but for me, BB is far and away better that The Wire, which I liked, and The Sopranos, which I loved outside of Season 4.

I haven't finished all of The Wire but it's definitely better than the Sopranos.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 26, 2013 -> 02:42 PM)
It's all subjective but Breaking Bad is the greatest show I've ever seen.

Not to put down Buehrle but people who try to diminish BB miss the big picture. It's great in everyway. Acting, directing, writing, cinematography, everything.

Naturally, there will be haters for everything popular, but for me, BB is far and away better that The Wire, which I liked, and The Sopranos, which I loved outside of Season 4.

The acting is excellent. Its right up there with Sopranos for me. The wire is very good as well, all three are dont-miss type shows.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 26, 2013 -> 02:51 PM)
I'm not getting the love for Lost, though. Yeah, I stuck with it through the end, but it got silly early on and then bad later on. I can't see myself ever going back and watching it, and it sort of disappeared from the face of the earth after the finale.

For me Lost was a game changer. There was no show like it on television before it. Since then it seems like every other show is trying to be it.

Agreed. I had a small group that couldn't wait to watch it on Wed. night and then email/text about it the next day. It was that way for a number of seasons. It was also the first show that made me want to read recaps the following day.

It's sad that the ending wasn't good because I agree that the show just sort of fell off the face of the earth. It really should be up there in the all time most entertaining shows list, but probably won't be because of the ending.

Also, I'd argue that the season 4 (I think) finale is the best 2 hours of television ever (the one where Charlie dies and they have the flash forward). We'll see, maybe Sunday's BB will be better but I really doubt it.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 26, 2013 -> 03:58 PM)
Also, I'd argue that the season 4 (I think) finale is the best 2 hours of television ever (the one where Charlie dies and they have the flash forward). We'll see, maybe Sunday's BB will be better but I really doubt it.

If you were such a big fan you'd know that was the season 3 finale. Duuuuuuh. Just messing with you.

Lost was definitely that show that showed social media could bring folks together to talk about TV.

I was a huge Lost fan but wouldn't rank it in the top shows ever. Definitely had its niche though.