2013 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Sep 25, 2013 -> 01:10 AM)
Finally caught up on Dexter. I have to agree that the ending was rather disappointing. Of all the great storylines they've had, THAT was the best possible ending they could come up with?

I understand how/why things ended the way they did, but it was totally unrelated to anything we've seen through the first seven seasons.

IMO, the show had to end one of a few ways. One, Dexter is killed by someone on a table/in a killroom, like he had killed countless others before. Two, someone is super close to finally exposing Dexter as a serial killer, and in true Dexter fashion, he squeaks his way out of it and kills that person and gets off free.

The whole point of this show was "Will Dexter get caught?" and the ending obviously makes that a no, but it's just blah. Quinn, for multiple seasons now, has suspected that Dexter was a little off (just like Doakes did) and the only wrap we get of that is Quinn/Batista watching the video of Dexter killing Saxon and they see his "dark passenger." Now, I get that since Quinn was in love with Deb and Dex killed Deb's killer, he's probably willing to let that slide at this point. But I didn't like Deb dying either.

f***.

I would have really loved to have seen Batista, one of the few "good" people on the show, bust Dexter, and the show end from there. It would have been way better than what we got.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 24, 2013 -> 05:31 PM)
I don't know if anyone saw Conan last night, but the entire episode was Breaking Bad themed. He had the entire cast on the show, he did all Breaking Bad skits, he had the mexican band who did the Ballad of Heisenberg perform that song on TV, he had Vince Gilligan there, it was wonderful.

Here are a couple funny skits.....

Cranston reading the fan letter had me rolling.

I was hoping Dexter would end with him and Saxson in a room together at the police station, which did happen, but I was hoping that scene would include Batista and Quinn and Saxson would say something like "That b**** deserved to die" or something, and Dexter would flip out and start stabbing the s*** out of Saxson and kill him right in front of Batista and Quinn, and then that would somehow lead to Dexter either confessing that he was the Bay Harbor Butcher, and the show would either end with Dexter getting capital punishment, or him killing himself, or him escaping. But either way, I wanted Batista and Quinn to find out who Dexter really was.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 25, 2013 -> 02:38 PM)
I was hoping Dexter would end with him and Saxson in a room together at the police station, which did happen, but I was hoping that scene would include Batista and Quinn and Saxson would say something like "That b**** deserved to die" or something, and Dexter would flip out and start stabbing the s*** out of Saxson and kill him right in front of Batista and Quinn, and then that would somehow lead to Dexter either confessing that he was the Bay Harbor Butcher, and the show would either end with Dexter getting capital punishment, or him killing himself, or him escaping. But either way, I wanted Batista and Quinn to find out who Dexter really was.

They kinda do find out. Quinn has suspected something of Dexter for quite some time and Quinn and Batista finally see the "real" Dexter when they watch the video together. Batista is caught off guard by it but doesn't think twice because he wanted to see self defense. Quinn, on the other hand, lets it slide because Dex killed Deb's killer.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 25, 2013 -> 11:48 AM)
I accidentally caught the first 10 minutes of The Goldbergs. I was very close to jabbing my eyeballs with chopsticks but luckily my wife turned off the TV just in time.

I didn't think it was THAT bad.

New Girls has been kinda meh the first two episodes. Every time major characters get together the funny eventually gets sucked out of the show and it gets way too sappy. Instead of 3 funny characters, there are now only 2 (Winston and Schmidt...Jess is a stretch as "funny." I think Deschanel is an annoying hipster with pretty much everything she does).

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Sep 25, 2013 -> 04:20 PM)

They kinda do find out. Quinn has suspected something of Dexter for quite some time and Quinn and Batista finally see the "real" Dexter when they watch the video together. Batista is caught off guard by it but doesn't think twice because he wanted to see self defense. Quinn, on the other hand, lets it slide because Dex killed Deb's killer.

I could see that. I was trying to read Quinns face and couldn't tell if he was numb because of Deb, or numb because Dex is a Sociopath.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 25, 2013 -> 05:46 PM)
I like Rafi, but he gets annoying if they use him too much.

I agree if he were to be used as just another series regular it would be too much, but I don't mind his current role, and having one episode devoted to him and Dirty Randy is fine by me. Not even sure if it's the whole episode, just saw some tweet about it.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Sep 25, 2013 -> 04:20 PM)

That's still just speculation and assumptions. I wanted a cold hard confession without any doubt, and for them to be able to close all these unsolved cases.

Saw this on facebook. Don't know how true it is, but this would have been a much better ending. It would have been pretty solid.

What DEXTER Finale was going to be from the producers - I think it would have been better!

=================================

In the very last scene of the series, Dexter wakes up. And everybody is going to think, ‘Oh, it was a dream.’ And then the camera pulls back and back and back and then we realize, ‘No, it’s not a dream.’ Dexter’s opening his eyes and he’s on the execution table at the Florida Penitentiary. They’re just starting to administer the drugs and he looks out through the window to the observation gallery.

And in the gallery are all the people that Dexter killed—including the Trinity Killer and the Ice Truck Killer (his brother Rudy), LaGuerta who he was responsible killing, Doakes who he’s arguably responsible for, Rita, who he’s arguably responsible for, Lila. All the big deaths, and also whoever the weekly episodic kills were. They are all there.

That’s what I envisioned for the ending of Dexter. That everything we’ve seen over the past eight seasons has happened in the several seconds from the time they start Dexter’s execution to the time they finish the execution and he dies. Literally, his life flashed before his eyes as he was about to die. I think it would have been a great, epic, very satisfying conclusion.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 25, 2013 -> 07:04 PM)
Saw this on facebook. Don't know how true it is, but this would have been a much better ending. It would have been pretty solid.

What DEXTER Finale was going to be from the producers - I think it would have been better!

=================================

In the very last scene of the series, Dexter wakes up. And everybody is going to think, ‘Oh, it was a dream.’ And then the camera pulls back and back and back and then we realize, ‘No, it’s not a dream.’ Dexter’s opening his eyes and he’s on the execution table at the Florida Penitentiary. They’re just starting to administer the drugs and he looks out through the window to the observation gallery.

And in the gallery are all the people that Dexter killed—including the Trinity Killer and the Ice Truck Killer (his brother Rudy), LaGuerta who he was responsible killing, Doakes who he’s arguably responsible for, Rita, who he’s arguably responsible for, Lila. All the big deaths, and also whoever the weekly episodic kills were. They are all there.

That’s what I envisioned for the ending of Dexter. That everything we’ve seen over the past eight seasons has happened in the several seconds from the time they start Dexter’s execution to the time they finish the execution and he dies. Literally, his life flashed before his eyes as he was about to die. I think it would have been a great, epic, very satisfying conclusion.

That was Clyde Phillips' idea. He was the former Executive Producer of Dexter for seasons 1-4.

Here's the explanation from the actual producers: http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/23/dexter-i...-series-finale/

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Sep 25, 2013 -> 10:38 PM)
What the f*** is Knight on? Dude could barely make cohesive sentences and looked like death.

At least he slapped/punched Frank in the face. That cocksucker deserves to get his ass kicked.

Wtf with everyone defending Frank. Dude bullies everyone, including women, and someone finally got in his face about it. Looked like he was going to cry after Knight smacked him. Maybe there's something we didn't see but Emily standing up for Frank was a turn off.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 26, 2013 -> 05:06 AM)
Wtf with everyone defending Frank. Dude bullies everyone, including women, and someone finally got in his face about it. Looked like he was going to cry after Knight smacked him. Maybe there's something we didn't see but Emily standing up for Frank was a turn off.

Frank is the most despicable person in recent Real World/Challenge history. Maybe some people are just afraid of him because he is such a bully. I have no idea why Emily would come to his rescue, she honestly had no reason to get involved. Part of the problem is Frank is bipolar or something and I'm guessing most of his relationships detoriate over time like his friendship with Zach. So while some people may still like him (for now), I'm sure the majority of people hate his f***ing guts and are simply too much of cowards to say something to his face. I can't wait for the next Challenge with him and Knight. Their beef won't die down so quickly.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Sep 25, 2013 -> 10:38 PM)
What the f*** is Knight on? Dude could barely make cohesive sentences and looked like death.

At least he slapped/punched Frank in the face. That cocksucker deserves to get his ass kicked.

They get them super drunk before the show. They were all loaded. A live show is a dumb idea.

He is right, game or no game Frank deserves to get his ass kicked at some point.