Trade Idea: Rios & Rangers

Marty34

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Feb 4, 2013 -> 04:49 PM)
Why would Greg be banned? He does not break any rules here, he just has different opinions.

I have no idea, I'm not here constantly. I was just wondering where he went. He was frustrating, but always interesting.

have we confirmed Lamar isn't greg?

My name is Steve.

I don't know this Greg person of whom you speak. However, if some of you believed that he was banned, I can only assume that he has his own opinions, and that they are probably not shared by the admins.

QUOTE (Lamar Johnson 23 @ Feb 5, 2013 -> 12:20 PM)
My name is Steve.

I don't know this Greg person of whom you speak. However, if some of you believed that he was banned, I can only assume that he has his own opinions, and that they are probably not shared by the admins.

It wasn't his opinions that were the problem, it was the obstinance, harping and unresponsiveness. In my experience, any opinion can stand on this board as long as you're willing to get challenged.

Also, I kind of like Greg despite hating his posting style and agreeing with almost none of his opinions.

Edited by ScottyDo

It wasn't his opinions that were the problem, it was the obstinance, harping and unresponsiveness. In my experience, any opinion can stand on this board as long as you're willing to get challenged.

Also, I kind of like Greg despite hating his posting style and agreeing with almost none of his opinions.

I beg to differ. There are people here (primarily admins) who instigate/antagonize posters and then threaten to ban them when they respond.

QUOTE (Lamar Johnson 23 @ Feb 5, 2013 -> 10:44 AM)
I beg to differ. There are people here (primarily admins) who instigate/antagonize posters and then threaten to ban them when they respond.

No, this is simply not the case at all. We have no problem having our beliefs challenged, but generally we are good enough at discussing these types of issues behind closed doors and responding to posters who have been reported that, 99% of the time, we resolve the situation without further complaint. If there are complaints afterwards, they will be addressed with the person who is punished as well as any other questions regarding the situation, though it's, again, generally handled in private.

We have problems not with people who disrespect the administrative staff - that's going to happen at any place. The problem lies in the fact that, when said staff is disrespected, the poster has usually done something leading up to that point to have broken rules previously. At that point, when the administrative staff has been called out, they typically keep a closer eye on said subject.

The administrative staff is not entirely 100% absolved from guilt and punishment, as there have been administrators and moderators on here who have been suspended. The owner of the site suspended himself at one point. When it is necessary to deal with posters, they are dealt with.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 5, 2013 -> 11:04 AM)
No, this is simply not the case at all. We have no problem having our beliefs challenged, but generally we are good enough at discussing these types of issues behind closed doors and responding to posters who have been reported that, 99% of the time, we resolve the situation without further complaint. If there are complaints afterwards, they will be addressed with the person who is punished as well as any other questions regarding the situation, though it's, again, generally handled in private.

We have problems not with people who disrespect the administrative staff - that's going to happen at any place. The problem lies in the fact that, when said staff is disrespected, the poster has usually done something leading up to that point to have broken rules previously. At that point, when the administrative staff has been called out, they typically keep a closer eye on said subject.

The administrative staff is not entirely 100% absolved from guilt and punishment, as there have been administrators and moderators on here who have been suspended. The owner of the site suspended himself at one point. When it is necessary to deal with posters, they are dealt with.

Especially when there is a previous history that is being ignored here...

Really? Cuz I'm still waiting for my reponse to your personal attack on me. (crickets chirping)

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 5, 2013 -> 11:04 AM)

Posters either violate the rules or they don't. Why do posters who "call out" mods come under more scrutiny than those who don't?

Scrutiny comes from the quality of posting. Calling out mods and admins doesnt exactly help your cause, but there is always discussion when it comes to suspending or banning people unless there is an egregious violation of the rules or someone is spamming.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 5, 2013 -> 07:15 PM)
Scrutiny comes from the quality of posting. Calling out mods and admins doesnt exactly help your cause, but there is always discussion when it comes to suspending or banning people unless there is an egregious violation of the rules or someone is spamming.

Fair enough.