2013-2014 NFL Thread

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 26, 2014 -> 03:52 PM)
You seriously comparing the Bears D in that last super bowl to this Seattle D? LOL

Advanced DVOA stats have this Seattle D ranked higher than the 2000 Ravens.

No, I'm comparing "rain in Miami" to "Snow in New Jersey". No need to get that defensive dude.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 26, 2014 -> 02:52 PM)
You seriously comparing the Bears D in that last super bowl to this Seattle D? LOL Advanced DVOA stats have this Seattle D ranked higher than the 2000 Ravens.

Take a deep breath and step off the bandwagon for 5 minutes. Some people actually like to have rational, neutral discussions about the Super Bowl and aren't all trying to bad mouth or diminish your beloved Seahawks.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 26, 2014 -> 01:30 PM)
"Peyton Manning's legacy is tarnished because he can only win super bowls under bad conditions when the running game has to carry him".

Despite Wilson's similar stature to Sexy Rexy, I don't think Peyton can depend on a guaranteed pick six this time around.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 26, 2014 -> 02:52 PM)
You seriously comparing the Bears D in that last super bowl to this Seattle D? LOL

It'd been nice if that Bears D had a healthy Mike Brown and Tommie Harris going into that game. The Seattle's D definitely is great though and even though your fandom of them is annoying I find myself rooting against Manning.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jan 26, 2014 -> 02:46 PM)
It'd been nice if that Bears D had a healthy Mike Brown and Tommie Harris going into that game. The Seattle's D definitely is great though and even though your fandom of them is annoying I find myself rooting against Manning.

Just think of me as the Seattle version of Soxobama, WITHOUT ALL OF THE CAPS and false claims of front row seats.

Oh, and I can definitely see scenarios of my team losing.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 26, 2014 -> 04:52 PM)
Just think of me as the Seattle version of Soxobama, WITHOUT ALL OF THE CAPS and false claims of front row seats.

Oh, and I can definitely see scenarios of my team losing.

You buy your Richard Sherman jersey yet? I kind of want one now. :lol:

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 26, 2014 -> 05:04 PM)
I grabbed a used one off eBay a few weeks ago.

Yeah, I'm not even a Seattle fan and I kind of want a Sherman jersey. Don't care what people say as long as he is producing he is one of my favorites. Unless he talks bad about Alshon Jeffery.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jan 26, 2014 -> 03:06 PM)
Yeah, I'm not even a Seattle fan and I kind of want a Sherman jersey. Don't care what people say as long as he is producing he is one of my favorites. Unless he talks bad about Alshon Jeffery.

His trash talking is actually very targeted. He doesn't just spout against any random player. There's usually some bad blood involved like the twitter war with Revis.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 26, 2014 -> 03:52 PM)

The DVOA stats has the 2000 Titans higher than the 2000 Ravens.

And since we have the rulers out, it doesnt matter anyways because the 2002 Bucs blow right past all the teams in this century.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 26, 2014 -> 04:26 PM)
The DVOA stats has the 2000 Titans higher than the 2000 Ravens.

And since we have the rulers out, it doesnt matter anyways because the 2002 Bucs blow right past all the teams in this century.

A weighted defense of -30.0% isn't run of the mill.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 24, 2014 -> 08:42 PM)
Wite gets stuck with Jim Schwartz

I'm OK with the hire. He runs a physical, aggressive D but focuses on more wide 9 techniques instead of the disguised blitzes that Pettine used. He's a douche as a head coach but he's always been a good coordinator.

I just don't understand people freaking out about possible snow during the game.

This is a football game right? We aren't watching the Arena League.

In about 7 inches of snow the Lions/Eagles combined for 54 points. Not exactly a snooze fest.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 27, 2014 -> 01:22 PM)
I just don't understand people freaking out about possible snow during the game.

In about 7 inches of snow the Lions/Eagles combined for 54 points. Not exactly a snooze fest.

That game neutralized a very strong Detroit pass rush.

This Super Bowl could have an adverse affect on Manning's passing game.

The last thing I want to see is the losing team and it's fans complaining how they would have won if the weather were better.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 27, 2014 -> 03:22 PM)

But an awful, flukey, luck reliant game.

Not how I prefer the most important game to be played. I prefer good football.

This isn't the first time Manning has played in cold weather or snow. I'm sure he is much more worried about the Seattle defense.

Fans will complain about anything. If it wasn't snow, it would officiating or the power going out half way through the game.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 27, 2014 -> 01:38 PM)
This isn't the first time Manning has played in cold weather or snow. I'm sure he is much more worried about the Seattle defense.

Fans will complain about anything. If it wasn't snow, it would officiating or the power going out half way through the game.

His career win % in games where it's 32 degrees or colder is under 40%.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 27, 2014 -> 03:44 PM)
And do you really want to watch a super bowl where Manning has to rely on his running game because of the weather? In a season where he threw 8 million TD passes? Zzzzzzz

You think if they are in a dome he is going to throw 5 touchdowns against this Seattle defense anyway?

This game is probably going to be low scoring regardless of the weather.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 27, 2014 -> 04:31 PM)
That game neutralized a very strong Detroit pass rush.

This Super Bowl could have an adverse affect on Manning's passing game.

The last thing I want to see is the losing team and it's fans complaining how they would have won if the weather were better.

I hope the weather is an absolute s*** show. One, I think it could be hilariously entertaining. And two, I think it would hurt Denver more than Seattle.

That being said, if I had a team in the game I would hope for the most ideal conditions possible.