2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 27, 2013 -> 01:17 PM)
Currently #3 All-Time

Needs p straight makes to be #1

Much like all the passing/receiving records, all the kicking records are going to be broken in the coming years. NFL kickers of today are just on a completely different level than they were even 10-15 years ago.

Bears signed K Robbie Gould to a four-year extension through 2017.

32-year-old Gould drilled 26-of-29 field goals in 2013, and has converted at least 83 percent of his field goal attempts in every year since his rookie campaign of 2005. He is currently regarded as the second most accurate placekicker in league history, leapfrogging Nate Kaeding in November. Per GM Phil Emery's stats, Gould has made 90 percent of his field goals that have occurred with the Bears trailing on the scoreboard. Gould's long-range fantasy value is also looking up with Marc Trestman in Chicago.

Per Rotoworld

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 27, 2013 -> 01:39 PM)
So the "we're not extending anyone during the 2013 season" policy lasted until they decided the season was over, I take it?

Emery rephrased that a week after he said it. He said "We ARENT LOOKING to extend anyone, but if anyone wants to come to us and discuss a deal, and it works for both sides, we would be open to extending someone."

Not verbatim, but thats pretty much what he said

edit: here is a good article about what he said

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2013/7/26...ery-2013-season

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 27, 2013 -> 02:13 PM)
Makes Gould the highest paid kicker ever.

He's an outstanding kicker, but how many "bad" kickers are there in the league nowadays anyway? And with the Cutler decision looming, not to mention a historically bad defense, aren't there are better places to spend your cap space than on the highest paid kicker in the league?

Bears fans gearing up with 'Graterhead' hats

When the Chicago Bears face off against the Green Bay Packers at Soldier Field on Sunday, Bears fans will finally have an answer to their rivals' famous foam headwear.

-----

Early test runs in Boise Packers bars convinced him he was onto something. After working with a Midwest manufacturer to create a foam, fingernail-free version, Dahlquist and business partners Seth Neal and Dean Donlon introduced the Graterhead at the first Bears-Packers game of the regular season. Their marketing plan was simple — splurge on 11th row, 50-yard-line seats, cheer like crazy and hope the TV cameras noticed — and it worked, Dahlquist said.

They sold 500 Graterheads that day, despite a website that struggled to keep up with the flood of traffic, Dahlquist said, and drove to Chicago for a series of interviews. While there, he stopped at Mike Ditka's restaurant to drop off a Graterhead for the former Bears player and coach.

"He came over to the bar, patted me on the back and said, 'I think you've really got something here,'" Dahlquist said. Ditka wore the Graterhead during his weekly ESPN radio show the next day.

The Graterhead — available online at graterhead.com and in limited numbers at the Official Chicago Bears Pro Shop at Soldier Field on Sunday

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 28, 2013 -> 09:05 AM)
Alshon Jeffrey snubbed.

Not really. Other than maybe Dez Bryant, I don't think he was more deserving than the other guys chosen. It's a passing league and a lot of receivers had big years. I was surprised Jeffrey(ies) only had seven touchdowns, I thought it was more.

Not really. Other than maybe Dez Bryant, I don't think he was more deserving than the other guys chosen. It's a passing league and a lot of receivers had big years. I was surprised Jeffrey(ies) only had seven touchdowns, I thought it was more.

Jeffery's. I think.