2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 12:38 PM)
The Seahawks want to talk about a dirty play by the 49ers on the sideline.

The team with most PED suspensions in the league. That's rich.

Using one statement that has nothing to do with the other as some sort of excuse. That's rich.

Some dude not dressed takes out the Seattle player on the sidelines and people are trying to deflect attention by bringing up things that are completely irrelevant. It's absurd. 49ers fans have been hilarious since Sunday night.

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 11:41 AM)
Using one statement that has nothing to do with the other as some sort of excuse. That's rich.

Some dude not dressed takes out the Seattle player on the sidelines and people are trying to deflect attention by bringing up things that are completely irrelevant. It's absurd. 49ers fans have been hilarious since Sunday night.

It was a damn dirty play. The Seahawks are still dirty as s*** both on and off the field.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 09:39 AM)
I seriously hope Peyton just shreds them.

I'm not seeing that scenario. Cold weather game, where Peyton has a career 36% winning percentage, against a defense this stout? Not gonna happen.

Reminds me of "The Greatest Show on Earth" Rams and the high powered, out-of-this-world Raiders in 2003. Both of those offenses were completely stymied by ridiculous defenses and this defense is better than the two involved in those games.

And after playing insane defenses the last 5 weeks or so and now facing a mediocre defense with key injuries will bode well for Seattle's offense.

EDIT: And after a ridiculously awesome career, Peyton and/or his team has managed to fail at the end of the season every single year except once

Remember, defense wins championships. I thought Bears fans lived by that mantra.

Edited by BigSqwert

I don't think what the guy on the 49ers sideline was all that bad. Maybe it's the angle of the camera, but it looks like he doesn't get out of the way. That will happen on all most every sideline. No one is going to help you.

I think the player on the Seahawks trips on the first down marker.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 11:46 AM)
I don't think what the guy on the 49ers sideline was all that bad. Maybe it's the angle of the camera, but it looks like he doesn't get out of the way. That will happen on all most every sideline. No one is going to help you.

That's not what it looked like to me, he stepped into whatever he was doing, shoulder or trip

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 11:39 AM)
HuffPo has the video, but it's the same shot. Looks to me like he throws his shoulder into him.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/20/j..._n_4632646.html

If that guy didn't know Lane was coming, he wouldn't have been able to take the hit like he did. And several other SF people jumped out of the way.

That snapshot at the beginning actually has the guy looking towards the Seattle player. I couldn't see that in the gif.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 09:46 AM)

If he did that to a Packer player we all know how up in arms you'd be.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 11:46 AM)

He turns and puts out his shoulder to absorb the blow instead of just getting out of the way like several other people on the SF sideline.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 11:46 AM)
I'm not seeing that scenario. Cold weather game, where Peyton has a career 36% winning percentage, against a defense this stout? Not gonna happen.

Reminds me of "The Greatest Show on Earth" Rams and the high powered, out-of-this-world Raiders in 2003. Both of those offenses were completely stymied by ridiculous defenses and this defense is better than the two involved in those games.

And after playing insane defenses the last 5 weeks or so and then facing a mediocre defense with key injuries will bode well for Seattle's offense.

EDIT: And after a ridiculously awesome career, Peyton and/or his team has managed to fail at the end of the season every single year except once

And I don't see anyone stopping the Broncos offense. That offense is like something they have not seen before. No disrespect to the Saints, but the Broncos' offense is incredibly well balanced and versatile.

And don't sell the Broncos' defense short. They held LaGarrette Blount - a guy who put up 166 yards and 4 TDs the week before - to 6 yards. Their rush defense is legit and they hit hard too.

I think it'll be a good game. My prediction is 28-17 Broncos.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 11:53 AM)
And I don't see anyone stopping the Broncos offense. That offense is like something they have not seen before. No disrespect to the Saints, but the Broncos' offense is incredibly well balanced and versatile.

And don't sell the Broncos' defense short. They held LaGarrette Blount - a guy who put up 166 yards and 4 TDs the week before - to 6 yards. Their rush defense is legit and they hit hard too.

I think it'll be a good game. My prediction is 28-17 Broncos.

And both Saints games were in Seattle, the Saints are a completely different offense on the road. Brees's home QB rating was 126.3, but on the road it was 84.8. There is not another good throwing QB in the NFC West other than Wilson, their schedule was a bit light on good QBs, nothing like the Broncos passing offense.

I think it all comes down to weather. If it's not too windy or cold, Manning will have his way in the end. But if the conditions aren't the best, Seattle will hang with them all the way.

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 09:53 AM)
And I don't see anyone stopping the Broncos offense.

Last I checked they didn't go undefeated. And for such a high powered offense, they sure didn't put up many more points in the playoffs games than the Seahawks did.

Seahawks scored a total of 46 points against two top defenses. Broncos scored 50 against middle of the road defenses. Those handful of wounded ducks Peyton throws each game are much more likely to get picked by this pass D.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 01:11 PM)
Last I checked they didn't go undefeated. And for such a high powered offense, they sure didn't put up many more points in the playoffs games than the Seahawks did.

Seahawks scored a total of 46 points against two top defenses. Broncos scored 50 against middle of the road defenses. Those handful of wounded ducks Peyton throws each game are much more likely to get picked by this pass D.

You know, I could argue this, but what's the point? The fact is neither team has seen anything like the other. It should be a good game.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 11:30 AM)
You know, I could argue this, but what's the point? The fact is neither team has seen anything like the other. It should be a good game.

No doubt. As much as I'm talking up the Seahawks, I realize there's a very strong case for either team winning it.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 11:40 AM)
I wanted to go when the Packers were in the Super Bowl. I looked at prices and was like well that's not happening.

Yeah I briefly considered it when Oakland made it against Tampa Bay but heck I was even poorer back then.

EDIT: I did fly out to Oakland for the divisional game against the Jets. That was one for the ages.

Edited by BigSqwert