2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 02:12 PM)
Right. Outside in Dallas or Arizona or Tampa

I'm fine with those places. Although Dallas probably won't be getting one for a while.

Actually looking forward to the next few places they are having them. New Jersey, Glendale, Santa Clara and Houston.

I'm sick of the Miami / New Orleans Super Bowls.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 08:29 AM)
I'm done with this convo, you think he must be a "big idiot", good grades from a good school be damned. I think he's a loud, arrogant and yes, smart dude who acted like a fool in the heat of the moment. To me, that doesn't necessarily mean he is a dumb person. But whatever, man.

Call me crazy, but grades don't mean everything. You can be socially inept and come off like a gigantic idiot, even if you are really good at retaining information from your Anthropology classes. I know plenty of people who got terrible grades, but are actually really smart. And people who aren't every smart that got great grades. It's more about effort than intelligence.

So yes, in the times I have seen Sherman on TV, my impression of him is that he is a big f***ing idiot who can't control his emotions and looks clinically insane.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 02:44 PM)
Call me crazy, but grades don't mean everything. You can be socially inept and come off like a gigantic idiot, even if you are really good at retaining information from your Anthropology classes. I know plenty of people who got terrible grades, but are actually really smart. And people who aren't every smart that got great grades. It's more about effort than intelligence.

So yes, in the times I have seen Sherman on TV, my impression of him is that he is a big f***ing idiot who can't control his emotions and looks clinically insane.

I actually have to agree with this post. Getting a whopping 3.7 gpa in Communications doesn't make Sherman not an idiot. I have college grads as co-workers who are f***ing morons, too.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 02:44 PM)

Schools vary due to grade inflation. Sometimes grades don't mean much but most often they do especially from a school like Stanford. Also you are correct that intelligence does not mean you can apply it. Often it is about effort, lazy people can be smart with poor grades. However, good grades don't come from being stupid but could be grade inflation.

My personal view about him after seeing the incident and subsequent comments from him is that he is an intelligent person with an immense ego who knows how to draw attention to himself for personal gain ala Miley Cyrus.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 02:59 PM)
Schools vary due to grade inflation. Sometimes grades don't mean much but most often they do especially from a school like Stanford. Also you are correct that intelligence does not mean you can apply it. Often it is about effort, lazy people can be smart with poor grades. However, good grades don't come from being stupid but could be grade inflation.

My personal view about him after seeing the incident and subsequent comments from him is that he is an intelligent person with an immense ego who knows how to draw attention to himself for personal gain ala Miley Cyrus.

or JUSTIN BIEBER?

All we talk about in A&J's is the Biebs and the Miley

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 02:51 PM)
I actually have to agree with this post. Getting a whopping 3.7 gpa in Communications doesn't make Sherman not an idiot. I have college grads as co-workers who are f***ing morons, too.

I like the effect of the double negative making the point.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 03:04 PM)
When getting across the point one is trying to make, a double negative does not make for a grammar error. But continue, please.

Never said it was an error, I said I like the effect, especially in a communication degree comment. I'm the last person to criticize someone's writing. I'm awful. And thanks for the permission to continue.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 08:59 PM)
Schools vary due to grade inflation. Sometimes grades don't mean much but most often they do especially from a school like Stanford.

Haven't the prestigious schools like the Ivies and Stanford had the biggest problems with grade inflation? The average GPA at Harvard is like a 3.7.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 12:44 PM)

Translation: Cocky black people are not intelligent.

Actual proof of good grades from a prestigious University be damned. Dude was the salutatorian in High School as well with a 4.2 GPA.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 01:11 PM)
Haven't the prestigious schools like the Ivies and Stanford had the biggest problems with grade inflation? The average GPA at Harvard is like a 3.7.

That's probably for students like Conor Smith III, whose parents donated $500K to the school not some dude from Compton.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 03:06 PM)
Never said it was an error, I said I like the effect, especially in a communication degree comment. I'm the last person to criticize someone's writing. I'm awful. And thanks for the permission to continue.

I'm a bit defensive today. My badness.

Im pretty sure most of the people in this thread would struggle to get a 3.7 at Stanford regardless of major.

I dont know how smart or dumb he is, grades dont really mean s*** for that, but he got a Stanford degree and not many people can say that.

And Im pretty sure not many of us have "Stanford" grads working for us.

I also don't get why what Sherman said was "idiotic" or "dumb" anyway. He was shouting, probably because he was amped up after a huge win and the place was loud. He was arrogant, yeah, but all he really said was that he was the best (and plenty of people seem to agree on that) and the Crabtree is mediocre.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 03:13 PM)
That's probably for students like Conor Smith III, whose parents donated $500K to the school not some dude from Compton.

Making the Rose Bowl earns the university more money than Conor Smith's family does, so he's more than just "some dude from Compton". I'm not even arguing against his intelligence, cause I really don't care, but don't act like nobody at Stanford had any interest in him succeeding academically.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 04:34 PM)
Im pretty sure most of the people in this thread would struggle to get a 3.7 at Stanford regardless of major.

I dont know how smart or dumb he is, grades dont really mean s*** for that, but he got a Stanford degree and not many people can say that.

And Im pretty sure not many of us have "Stanford" grads working for us.

Suppressing urge to go off on Stanford... ;)

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 03:12 PM)
Translation: Cocky black people are not intelligent.

Actual proof of good grades from a prestigious University be damned. Dude was the salutatorian in High School as well with a 4.2 GPA.

For the love of god, stop trying to make this in to a race issue for f***'s sake. Jesus f***ing christ, people like you are annoying as f*** with that s***.

He came off as not being intelligent BECAUSE HE f***ING LOOKED LIKE AN IDIOT. Whether or not he is actually smart is irrelevant because HE f***ING LOOKED LIKE AN IDIOT. Smart people can do dumb things. And in the event that he actually is smart, he is doing a terrible job at acting the part, because anyone objectively looking at his outbursts would severely question this guy's mental health and intelligence.

You can shove that race card right back in your ass, thanks.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 01:38 PM)
Making the Rose Bowl earns the university more money than Conor Smith's family does, so he's more than just "some dude from Compton". I'm not even arguing against his intelligence, cause I really don't care, but don't act like nobody at Stanford had any interest in him succeeding academically.

If he was such an awful student and couldn't make grades, wouldn't they just ensure he got his C average? Why bump it up to 3.7? If he's that dumb, it would look odd that his grades were outstanding.