2013-2014 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 01:40 PM)
For the love of god, stop trying to make this in to a race issue for f***'s sake. Jesus f***ing christ, people like you are annoying as f*** with that s***.

He came off as not being intelligent BECAUSE HE f***ING LOOKED LIKE AN IDIOT. Whether or not he is actually smart is irrelevant because HE f***ING LOOKED LIKE AN IDIOT. Smart people can do dumb things. And in the event that he actually is smart, he is doing a terrible job at acting the part, because anyone objectively looking at his outbursts would severely question this guy's mental health and intelligence.

You can shove that race card right back in your ass, thanks.

Based on everything I've seen written by Richard Sherman and comparing it to the drivel you write in here, it's obvious who the one lacking in intelligence is.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 03:38 PM)
Making the Rose Bowl earns the university more money than Conor Smith's family does, so he's more than just "some dude from Compton". I'm not even arguing against his intelligence, cause I really don't care, but don't act like nobody at Stanford had any interest in him succeeding academically.

Every school has an incentive for all of their students to succeed academically. When they came to pitch me about why I should go to their school it was that Y% percentage graduate in X years. No one wants to say "Oh 50% of our kids fail our and suck".

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 03:39 PM)
Suppressing urge to go off on Stanford... ;)

Man now I want someone named Stanford in my office.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 03:40 PM)
For the love of god, stop trying to make this in to a race issue for f***'s sake. Jesus f***ing christ, people like you are annoying as f*** with that s***.

He came off as not being intelligent BECAUSE HE f***ING LOOKED LIKE AN IDIOT. Whether or not he is actually smart is irrelevant because HE f***ING LOOKED LIKE AN IDIOT. Smart people can do dumb things. And in the event that he actually is smart, he is doing a terrible job at acting the part, because anyone objectively looking at his outbursts would severely question this guy's mental health and intelligence.

You can shove that race card right back in your ass, thanks.

http://deadspin.com/richard-sherman-and-th...egro-1505060117

really, what's so idiotic about this:

– [sherman:] “Well, I’m the best corner in the game! When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that’s the result you gonna get! Don’t you EVER talk about me.”

– [Andrews:] Who was talking about you?

– [sherman:]“Crabtree. Don’t you open your mouth about the best. Or I’m gonna shut it for you real quick. L-O-B.”

It appears he's got a personal beef with Crabtree, and he just made a huge, game-winning play to send his team to the superbowl against Crabtree. What am I supposed to take away from that that would make me think he's an idiot rather than just arrogant/cocky?

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 01:46 PM)
Yeah, I skimmed through that bulls*** last night. Deadspin LOVES trying to make every sports story about race. It's quite a skill they have.

Then why can't it just be "I hate that dude. He's so damn cocky." It immediately goes to him being unintelligent with falsified grades in school.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 03:42 PM)
http://deadspin.com/richard-sherman-and-th...egro-1505060117

really, what's so idiotic about this:

It appears he's got a personal beef with Crabtree, and he just made a huge, game-winning play to send his team to the superbowl against Crabtree. What am I supposed to take away from that that would make me think he's an idiot rather than just arrogant/cocky?

Articles like that do more to damage race relations in this country than most "racist" things do. There is no such thing as an "honest" or "open" talk about race in this country, and this is exactly why. It would be nice to have a conversation like this without the theme of the discussion being everyone trying to assert some sort of moral authority over anyone else who doesn't agree. Racism will never die in this country because it is used as a wedge and it waters down any real change of progress.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 03:34 PM)
Im pretty sure most of the people in this thread would struggle to get a 3.7 at Stanford regardless of major.

I dont know how smart or dumb he is, grades dont really mean s*** for that, but he got a Stanford degree and not many people can say that.

And Im pretty sure not many of us have "Stanford" grads working for us.

We actually just accepted a stanford grad into our pt program who was also a all american wrestler and was 4th in the last olympics in wrestling. I think im a little scared.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 03:47 PM)
Articles like that do more to damage race relations in this country than most "racist" things do. There is no such thing as an "honest" or "open" talk about race in this country, and this is exactly why. It would be nice to have a conversation like this without the theme of the discussion being everyone trying to assert some sort of moral authority over anyone else who doesn't agree. Racism will never die in this country because it is used as a wedge and it waters down any real change of progress.

Setting the racial aspect aside, I'm still struggling to see why what he said was so idiotic or stupid as opposed to just cocky or arrogant.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 03:47 PM)
Then why can't it just be "I hate that dude. He's so damn cocky." It immediately goes to him being unintelligent with falsified grades in school.

I just said he CAME OFF LIKE AN IDIOT in all these TV outbursts I've seen. And he is a cocky asshole and I hate him.

And I also said NOTHING about falsifying any grades in school. I said grades don't mean everything because it's often more about effort, and there have been many dumb people who get good grades and smart people who get bad grades.

But no, it's easier for you to just say I hate black people I guess.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 03:47 PM)

I agree with your premise but unfortunately deadspin can write articles about this stuff because there are still ignorant morons who bring race into it.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 03:50 PM)
We actually just accepted a stanford grad into our pt program who was also a all american wrestler and was 4th in the last olympics in wrestling. I think im a little scared.

Yeah hopefully hes not Bruce Banner.

STANFORD SMASH

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 03:53 PM)
Setting the racial aspect aside, I'm still struggling to see why what he said was so idiotic or stupid as opposed to just cocky or arrogant.

I'm with ya. Nothing he actually said was stupid.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 01:53 PM)
I just said he CAME OFF LIKE AN IDIOT in all these TV outbursts I've seen. And he is a cocky asshole and I hate him.

And I also said NOTHING about falsifying any grades in school. I said grades don't mean everything because it's often more about effort, and there have been many dumb people who get good grades and smart people who get bad grades.

But no, it's easier for you to just say I hate black people I guess.

I'm still waiting for your foolproof evidence that he is in fact a dumb person.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 03:40 PM)
If he was such an awful student and couldn't make grades, wouldn't they just ensure he got his C average? Why bump it up to 3.7? If he's that dumb, it would look odd that his grades were outstanding.

Maybe, but like I said, I'm not arguing against his intelligence. You posted that rich donors would get all the grade inflation, not any kids from Compton. Not only does the football program matter financially, but like Badger said it does a university no good if every poor kid from Compton gets a C average, they want them to succeed. They aren't just ignoring all those kids and only helping the rich ones.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 01:56 PM)
Maybe, but like I said, I'm not arguing against his intelligence. You posted that rich donors would get all the grade inflation, not any kids from Compton. Not only does the football program matter financially, but like Badger said it does a university no good if every poor kid from Compton gets a C average, they want them to succeed. They aren't just ignoring all those kids and only helping the rich ones.

Giving obviously dumb students an A average seems highly unlikely. You can inflate by a half grade or so but giving D students an A seems like there would be some big time investigations.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 03:53 PM)

This is exactly what I am talking about. This discussion can't be had without first having to prove that it ISN'T about race. With the weight of being labeled as a racist in this country, you would think the burden of proof would be having to prove that it IS racist.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 03:59 PM)
Giving obviously dumb students an A average seems highly unlikely. You can inflate by a half grade or so but giving D students an A seems like there would be some big time investigations.

Not if it's Conor Smith III whose family donated $500k, right?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 03:55 PM)
I'm still waiting for your foolproof evidence that he is in fact a dumb person.

If you get good grades you are stupid if you get bad grades you are smart. Its the argurement iget from all of the applicants we deny. I went ot a better school, my professors were unfair, my family had problems, im smarter than people with better grades but i dont do well on standradized tests......

Most people people just dont want to admit that they cant compete with others on an intellectual level. Not that the grades make someone a better or worse person or makes them more effective at their occupation.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 03:59 PM)

Sometimes grade inflation is a policy. There are some schools which have a requirement on how many As you must give and others that have a limit.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 04:02 PM)
Not if it's Conor Smith III whose family donated $500k, right?

This is why some schools like Northwestern dont have minimum criteria to get into the school. Its not for the athletes its for the applicants with parents with deep pockets.