2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 08:35 AM)
Although if the extra point is abolished, this craziness would never happen again.

I forgot about that crazy play. Could you imagine seeing your team score on one of the craziest plays in NFL history to only see the kicker miss the easiest play in the game.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 09:10 AM)
I would love to see the rugby try rules implemented, where you kick from where you scored. If it's in the middle of the end zone, it's a straight shot. But if you score near the sideline, then you have to kick from the weird angle.

That would be awesome.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 09:33 AM)
Just think, if you eliminate the extra point, how can Tony Romo botch a snap on the PAT to lose his team the game?

Lol, it would be the most underrated botched snap failed PAT ever

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 11:21 AM)
This tool on the sideline should be getting more grief this week than Sherman.

pMw9VKw.gif

On that same exact play, Lockette clotheslined James too. Had James been facing forward rather than having his back turned, it would have been a penalty and would have put the 49ers 15 yards forward.

I also said earlier that I thought that guy should be fired. Bare minimum, he will be reprimanded heavily.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 11:26 AM)
On that same exact play, Lockette clotheslined James too. Had James been facing forward rather than having his back turned, it would have been a penalty and would have put the 49ers 15 yards forward.

I also said earlier that I thought that guy should be fired. Bare minimum, he will be reprimanded heavily.

It looked brutal live but on the replay he hit James across the shoulder blades.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 11:27 AM)
It looked brutal live but on the replay he hit James across the shoulder blades.

He hit him on the upper back across his shoulders. Had he been turned around, he would have hit him under the facemask in the neck.

You can also say the same thing about Ahmad Brooks' sack on Drew Brees and Dan Skuta's sack of Cam Newton. The NFL's penalty system is way, way, way too inconsistent right now and there are just bad calls all around. It wasn't why they lost, but the Niners got hosed that game.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 11:31 AM)
He hit him on the upper back across his shoulders. Had he been turned around, he would have hit him under the facemask in the neck.

You can also say the same thing about Ahmad Brooks' sack on Drew Brees and Dan Skuta's sack of Cam Newton. The NFL's penalty system is way, way, way too inconsistent right now and there are just bad calls all around. It wasn't why they lost, but the Niners got hosed that game.

I was surprised it wasn't called, and had he been facing the other way, it would have been much, much worse.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 11:37 AM)
Is there more than the gif? I can't tell intent at all from that little clip.

HuffPo has the video, but it's the same shot. Looks to me like he throws his shoulder into him.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/20/j..._n_4632646.html

If that guy didn't know Lane was coming, he wouldn't have been able to take the hit like he did. And several other SF people jumped out of the way.