2013-2014 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 15, 2013 -> 04:14 PM)
Can Henry Melton be any more MIA in 2 weeks? 2 tackles, 1 tackle assist and no pass rush at all.

Between him and Peppers, you don't even know if they are active for the game. This Bears team has more weapons on offense than they have had since the league starting throwing more than 15 passes a game.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is worth noting that Marshall really should have played the ball better on the interception thrown his way. If he does so much as put his hand by the defender it is probably an innocent incompletion. I would expect him to more often make a pretty legitimate run at it.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 15, 2013 -> 05:17 PM)
Between him and Peppers, you don't even know if they are active for the game. This Bears team has more weapons on offense than they have had since the league starting throwing more than 15 passes a game.

A lot of money tied up in those 2 guys.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 15, 2013 -> 06:34 PM)
A lot of money tied up in those 2 guys.

Luckily, Melton isn't necessarily here next year and while we owe a lot to Peppers either way, we can send him away without really f***ing ourselves over as well after this year.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 15, 2013 -> 09:10 PM)
Ok that's enough with the lightning stoppages

I wouldnt mind a lightning stoppage in the next Bucs game. As long as that lightning stoppage results in the cancellation of the game because the lightning bolt hit Schiano.

Edited by zenryan

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 15, 2013 -> 08:23 PM)
I wouldnt mind a lightning stoppage in the next Bucs game. As long as that lightning stoppage results in the cancellation of the game because the lightning bolt hit Schiano.

don't let Peter King here that. They are both from New Jersey

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 08:36 AM)
Great game for Brandon Meriweather. Tried to kill Eddie Lacy and then proceeded to knock himself out about 5 minutes later.

He should get fined for both hits. The hit to Lacy was really bad, basically crown of the helmet to the chin

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 08:56 AM)
Cutler looks much better with Trestman, but he still turns the ball over way too much. He has 4 turnovers already this year and hasn't played a road game yet.

I guess that just part of his game that you have to deal with.

He is certainly very Favre light...

But I agree...our offense has an actual method to its madness now...I am very pleased with what I see...although Jay has slowly matured...yesterday's red zone int was his first in a few years, I believe.

I'm not worried about the turnovers.

Our offense looks competent, even when it is unsuccessful. Our three and outs look better than our offense has looked in years. I can't say whether it's going to be a great offense, but it doesn't suck. Very encouraging.

Our D looked vulnerable yesterday at times against a bad offense, so let's hope that gets shored up. No D-line presence whatsoever.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 11:01 AM)
I'm not worried about the turnovers.

Our offense looks competent, even when it is unsuccessful. Our three and outs look better than our offense has looked in years. I can't say whether it's going to be a great offense, but it doesn't suck. Very encouraging.

Our D looked vulnerable yesterday at times against a bad offense, so let's hope that gets shored up. No D-line presence whatsoever.

This is the #1 concern right now IMO

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 11:14 AM)
Fred Jackson intentionally dropped a pass on the last drive yesterday because it would have taken up too much time. How many other RBs are that smart?

Not smart for fantasy football. :P

Jackson's looked great in these first two games.