2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 18, 2013 -> 06:00 PM)
The Colts are not gonna be a playoff team this year, so it's likely a top 15, maybe top 10 pick too.

You do realize they get to play the Jags and Titans four times this year, right? I'm a Colts fan, but chances are it's not going to be a top ten pick.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 18, 2013 -> 07:53 PM)
I think I missed the meeting where everyone declared Trent Richardson and his 3.5 ypc as a top 5 running back in the NFL that you build a franchise around.

Maybe you were looking at fantasy football rankings.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 18, 2013 -> 05:53 PM)
I think I missed the meeting where everyone declared Trent Richardson and his 3.5 ypc as a top 5 running back in the NFL that you build a franchise around.

I'd like to see you be a running back for the Browns in that offense.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Sep 18, 2013 -> 07:44 PM)
You do realize they get to play the Jags and Titans four times this year, right? I'm a Colts fan, but chances are it's not going to be a top ten pick.

I wouldn't mark the Titans games down as wins yet, but maybe top 10 is a bit of an exaggeration. I just know that Luck had quite the horseshoe up his butt last season, no pun intended, and that 9-1 record in 7 point games won't be repeated.

I really like this trade for the Colts. But I also see where the Browns are coming from. They have stockpiled 2014 draft picks. You can always get a good running back elsewhere. Maybe not a potential game-changer like Richardson, but someone more than capable of being very solid. Heck, they could sign someone like Ben Tate this off-season, and if they end up with Bridgewater and another 1st rounder in the 15-20 range, that's pretty good.

As for the Colts, I really like their young offensive trio of Luck, Richardson, and Hilton. Add some pieces to that o-line and their offense will be pretty damn good again for awhile.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 18, 2013 -> 06:00 PM)
The Colts are not gonna be a playoff team this year, so it's likely a top 15, maybe top 10 pick too.

You must be joking. The AFC Wildcard is wide open. I don't think Steelers or Ravens are good enough to be locks for either spots. Colts were an 11-5 playoff team last year, without a running back like Richardson. With addition of Richardson and a break out year from Hilton, they have a the best shot of getting a Wildcard spot. Not to mention Andrew Luck is looking a lot better this year already. As for the pick, I think it's more close to the 20-22 range.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Sep 18, 2013 -> 09:30 PM)
You must be joking. The AFC Wildcard is wide open. I don't think Steelers or Ravens are good enough to be locks for either spots. Colts were an 11-5 playoff team last year, without a running back like Richardson. With addition of Richardson and a break out year from Hilton, they have a the best shot of getting a Wildcard spot. Not to mention Andrew Luck is looking a lot better this year already. As for the pick, I think it's more close to the 20-22 range.

Personally I think the Chiefs, Dolphins, and Ravens are all more likely to win the wild card than Indy. There was a lot of smoke and mirrors behind their 11-5 record last year, but I guess I'm in the minority. Time will tell.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 18, 2013 -> 04:40 PM)
Wilson would get obliterated vs. press coverage. The idea is to bring him along slowly and put him on a NFL nutrition/workout regimen.

Bennett's not getting many snaps anyway. At least Wilson is fast. Bennett isn't getting on the field much, and when he is, he's not getting the ball. He's consistently injured as well and he already took a pay-cut. Playing Wilson behind Anderson, Marshall and Jeffery isn't a bad option. He's not going to get the ball much anyway but at least he'll get game experience.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 18, 2013 -> 08:17 PM)
Personally I think the Chiefs, Dolphins, and Ravens are all more likely to win the wild card than Indy. There was a lot of smoke and mirrors behind their 11-5 record last year, but I guess I'm in the minority. Time will tell.

They did almost lose to the Raiders at home in week 1...

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 18, 2013 -> 06:39 PM)
He's a good power/change of pace guy IMO. Much better RB's coming out next year.

Who? Seastrunk and Carey? I feel like the '14 RB class is barely better than this past class. De'Anthony Thomas has a best case scenario of Darren Sproles, Bishop Sankey isn't a franchise back, the FSU RBs probably won't come out until next year. Michael Dyer probably won't be drafted until the 3-5th rounds because of off the field issues, although he could possibly be a franchise RB. It's the '15 class that is loaded IMO.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 18, 2013 -> 09:27 PM)
I'd like to see you be a running back for the Browns in that offense.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 18, 2013 -> 09:42 PM)
Its kind of an odd deal. RB values have been going down in drafts so a 1st rounder is a high price. I guess maybe the Colts see Richardson as a Edge type player, not going to blow your mind skills, but solid and gets the job done.

Serious Q: how good do people think Richardson is? Between him being banged up last year and the fact that he's on the Browns I didn't see or hear much about him. Obviously the Colts saw something they liked about him but does anyone have an impression of what the Colts just got and how impactful it will be?

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 19, 2013 -> 08:24 AM)
Who? Seastrunk and Carey? I feel like the '14 RB class is barely better than this past class. De'Anthony Thomas has a best case scenario of Darren Sproles, Bishop Sankey isn't a franchise back, the FSU RBs probably won't come out until next year. Michael Dyer probably won't be drafted until the 3-5th rounds because of off the field issues, although he could possibly be a franchise RB. It's the '15 class that is loaded IMO.

I actually dont like either of those RB's. Why isnt Sankey a franchise back? He's not small and he produces.

But I also agree that '15 is deep, and that would be the class to grab a RB if you could, i'm assuming both Gordon and Gurley come out and I love both of those guys. For some reason I think Cle is set on getting yet another QB in '14.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 19, 2013 -> 12:33 PM)
I actually dont like either of those RB's. Why isnt Sankey a franchise back? He's not small and he produces.

But I also agree that '15 is deep, and that would be the class to grab a RB if you could, i'm assuming both Gordon and Gurley come out and I love both of those guys. For some reason I think Cle is set on getting yet another QB in '14.

I don't think that's even a question. Bridgewater if they're lucky, Boyd or Hundley are the "consultation" prizes.

Thing I don't get is they were gonna be in the running for those 3 anyway, and they'd have TRich....Certainly a puzzling move to me.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 19, 2013 -> 12:33 PM)

What, you don't think a 2nd year qb that is closer to 30 than 20 is going to be around for a long time? ;)