2013 MLB Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Apr 12, 2013 -> 07:57 AM)
How long will a broken collarbone keep Grienke out? Non-throwing side, but still that's gotta take a while.

Around the 6-8 weeks mark. It's standard for fractures. The clavicle though has a higher incidenece of non-union fractures since it's a long thin bone. Thisis where it doesn't healand surgeries and other complications arise. This doesn't usually happen in healthy individuals but it is a possibility.

I don't know if Greinke was throwing at him on purpose, but I wouldn't put it past him. I don't care what the score of the game was or what inning it was. This is Zach Greinke, he has done some off the wall s***.

If he was throwing at him, he might want to pick someone else next time. Like someone who wasn't a former linebacker.

QUOTE (KG#1 @ Apr 12, 2013 -> 07:18 AM)
Eh, there is previous stuff involved, he shouldn't be suspended for a month. Q has been hit so many times in the past and I'm not sure he has ever charged the mound before. I think Greinke had it coming with Q.

How exactly did Greinke have a broken collarbone coming to him?

Mattingly had the same idea, that Quentin should be out for as long as Greinke is...

Of course, that will never fly. But he specifically pointed out the situation in the game, and how Quentin is nearly always diving out over the plate, which is 90% of why he gets hit so often in the first place.

Greinke's a punk, but Quentin should know by now that there are consequences to his batting approach.

That looked as intentional as it gets to me. 3-2 count, don't wanna make a mistake, want to put him on 1st base anyways, have recent issues with him...may as well just hit him and send a message. Wouldn't be surprised if some of it is about Quentin crowding the plate, but Quentin obviously feels it's his plate and he's willing to fight for it.

I realized 2 things when I watched it - #1, Quentin looks good; #2, I miss TCQ

I agree with Don Mattingly, Quentin deserves to be suspended for as long as Greinke is out. That was a stupid f***ing charge of the mound. A 3-2 pitch in a 2-2 game. And Greinke didn't say s*** until Q stood in front of the plate glaring at him. He's smarter than that and a better guy than that. The same temper that cost him the MVP just made him look like a total d-bag.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 12, 2013 -> 09:34 AM)
How exactly did Greinke have a broken collarbone coming to him?

Not the broken collarbone, thats a freak thing that happened with it. I was referring to Quentin charging the mound.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 12, 2013 -> 10:32 AM)
I agree with Don Mattingly, Quentin deserves to be suspended for as long as Greinke is out. That was a stupid f***ing charge of the mound. A 3-2 pitch in a 2-2 game. And Greinke didn't say s*** until Q stood in front of the plate glaring at him. He's smarter than that and a better guy than that. The same temper that cost him the MVP just made him look like a total d-bag.

What's the longest anyone's ever been suspended for a brawl before in MLB? Milton Bradley perhaps?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 12, 2013 -> 09:45 AM)
That looked as intentional as it gets to me. 3-2 count, don't wanna make a mistake, want to put him on 1st base anyways, have recent issues with him...may as well just hit him and send a message. Wouldn't be surprised if some of it is about Quentin crowding the plate, but Quentin obviously feels it's his plate and he's willing to fight for it.

I agree with everything you posted. Quentin has shown he doesn't care to get hit and will crowd the plate over and over. This one had more to it than just getting hit by the pitch so Quentin charged the mound.

QUOTE (KG#1 @ Apr 12, 2013 -> 09:42 AM)
Not the broken collarbone, thats a freak thing that happened with it. I was referring to Quentin charging the mound.

It wasn't a freak thing on a normal baseball play. It was an injury in a physical fight, which tends to happen. And that fight was started by Quentin for no real good reason.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 12, 2013 -> 10:05 AM)
It wasn't a freak thing on a normal baseball play. It was an injury in a physical fight, which tends to happen. And that fight was started by Quentin for no real good reason.

Greinke hit him for no real good reason as well. This is a guy who hit 2 batters last year and 4 in 2011. He faced 1,583 batters in those 2 years.

I'm not going to say Greinke had what was coming to him or say what Quentin did was right, but you shouldn't hit a guy that's much bigger, faster, and stronger than you. I think you learn that in first grade.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 12, 2013 -> 08:12 AM)
Greinke hit him for no real good reason as well. This is a guy who hit 2 batters last year and 4 in 2011. He faced 1,583 batters in those 2 years.

I'm not going to say Greinke had what was coming to him or say what Quentin did was right, but you shouldn't hit a guy that's much bigger, faster, and stronger than you. I think you learn that in first grade.

This is all based on the assumption that it was intentional. Has Greinke copped to that?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 12, 2013 -> 08:45 AM)

Cmon now. Yeah, let's put a guy on in a full count in a one run game with no outs. You're forcing him to hit his way on.

For Quentin to think that was on purpose - that's just the height of baseball stupidity right there.