Among other things, Phil Rogers still has a job

bmags

Being a regular sports columnist is a hard job to get. And, frankly, it is a hard job to do.

It's a wonder then, that Phil Rogers gets this soap box for articles like this:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...,5227440.column

What a lede! 11 players have worn 56 for the Cubs...could Buerhle be #12? I don't know! What is the significance of #56 on the cubs? What is the significance of the #12?

WHY IS THE THOUGHT PROCESS OF BUEHRLE TO CUBS INTERESTING ENOUGH TO WRITE ABOUT.

This ruined my whole day.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Mar 14, 2013 -> 03:02 PM)
Not gonna pay to read a Phil Rogers article, but even without reading it I can tell you Phil Rogers is a moron.

I agree with you, I read it for you, and it was awful.

It's also loosely related to white sox, my palehose forum, brethren!

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Mar 14, 2013 -> 09:53 AM)
I'm still wondering why we traded proven workhorse Brandon McCarthy to Texas. Has anyone been able to come up with a reason by now? Maybe he would have blocked man-child Juan Silverio after we convert him to a pitcher because he sucks balls as a position player.

I'm still wondering why we didn't draft Granderson/Puckett/Trout, traded Chris Young for Javy or didn't name Wally Backman manager.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 14, 2013 -> 11:10 AM)
I'm still wondering why we didn't draft Granderson/Puckett/Trout, traded Chris Young for Javy or didn't name Wally Backman manager.

LOL I like how you answered that seriously

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Mar 14, 2013 -> 12:11 PM)
Isn't Phil Rogers the Baseball Perspective guru for minor league evaluations for the Chicago teams and the current reason why the Sox minor league system is lambasted as much as it is?

I thought I heardthis a couple of years ago.

The man loves his cubs and is a f***ing moron.

Baseball America

I'm still wondering why we traded proven workhorse Brandon McCarthy to Texas. Has anyone been able to come up with a reason by now? Maybe he would have blocked man-child Juan Silverio after we convert him to a pitcher because he sucks balls as a position player.

Is this a serious question?

John Danks WAR 2007-2012 = 18.1

Brandon McCarthy WAR 2007-2012 = 6.4

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Mar 14, 2013 -> 07:09 PM)
God, I hope Phil Rogers starts posting here so we can have some threads about random trade (im)possibilities with no basis in reality. In fact.....is it possible that Phil Rogers already has a Soxtalk handle?

Dewayne wise to yankees?

Rogers once claimed that KW was offended when Rogers criticized him after the trading of Kip Wells and Josh Fogg to the Pirates for that right hander who couldn't get anyone out. So Kenny wouldn't talk to him for a while. When was that trade? 2002?

QUOTE (oldsox @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 07:28 AM)
Rogers once claimed that KW was offended when Rogers criticized him after the trading of Kip Wells and Josh Fogg to the Pirates for that right hander who couldn't get anyone out. So Kenny wouldn't talk to him for a while. When was that trade? 2002?

For once Phil Rogers was right, that trade was f***ing awful! Todd Ritchie was that right hander who couldn't get anyone out.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 11:44 AM)
Ritchie wasn't actually THAT horrible with us, but he started to battle some nagging injuries.

And it was Wells, Fogg and Sean Lowe. 2 1/2 starters, and a big contract, for 1/2 a starter.

In what world is 5-15 w/ a 6.06 ERA & 1.71 WHIP not THAT horrible? Coors Field in the 90s maybe?