Congrats to Mhizzle (Marcus) for making the Fan Cave

Chisoxfn

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 11:40 AM)
Dude it's the All Star game in NYC ! Are you going to the game ? This is the time for constant updates !

I wish I had time to update you guys during the whole experience but we were constantly busy the last few days, so we'll play some catch up.

YES, I got to go to the ASG & the HR Derby this week.

So Monday started off with all of us going to the All-Star Brunch at the Grand Hyatt. (Bumped into Andre Dawson & Rollie Fingers). Took some pictures with Mr. Met & other mascots, had a fun time. We then traveled back to the Fan Cave where we met Jose Bautista & David Ortiz for a video shoot where they prancercised (It really is pretty comical. (http://meme.ms/nbuy7ek) After being gifted a PSVita in a rad Rawlings carrying case, we made the trek over to Citi Field.

We missed NL media availability but we got there in time for the Derby press conference & for AL availability. Of course I talked to our all-stars & also talked to some other some other all-stars as well (Miggy, Torii Hunter, Verlander, Trout, Nelson Cruz, Chris Tillman, Chris Davis) From there we helped set up tables & handed out placards for Stand Up 2 Cancer. Then at about 7:30 eastern, I took my seat & watched the Derby aka The Yo Show.

Next day we woke up a little early & went over to Dave & Busters to hang out with some kids from Make a Wish, which might have been one of my favorite things to do all weekend. After that we went to the Red Carpet Parade. Once that was over we went to Citi Field where there was a Pre-Game Gala w/ free food, drinks & the whole 9. Including a performance by Flo Rida. Then there was the game, which was awesome. I mean, it was my first time at a game all year. So of course I was pumped.

That was my ASG experience in a nutshell. I'd love to answer any questions if anyone has them I'd love to.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 18, 2013 -> 01:46 PM)
Did you see Frank at all?

I did. I was in one of the hallways of Citi Field. Very big guy, it took everything in my power not to turn into 10 year old Marcus.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 18, 2013 -> 11:48 PM)
Do you have pics ?

I have one of me talking to Chris, I'll work on posting that right now actually.

QUOTE (CarlosMartinez @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 09:40 AM)
When are the round next cuts from the Cave?

Did you have Thursday off completely, if so what did you do having a day in NYC to yourself?

I think the next round of cuts are coming in the next couple of weeks. We're not entirely sure of when exactly.

Thursday Danny & myself had to film a couple of things (shameless plug, we're on this week's Player Poll on Fox, 2:30 central, 3:30 eastern) but besides that, it was free.

My girlfriend came in for all-star so we did some shopping in SoHo, we went to Old Homestead for dinner & then went to Brooklyn Bowl where we boogied while ?uestlove of The Roots DJ'd all night.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 05:36 PM)
No pic with Frank?

Nah, wasn't good timing. Also the whole, remaining professional thing. Which reminds me I also ran into Ozzie Guillen as well. Literally. I was on my way to AL media availability & we bumped into each other.

But as requested earlier, here's the pic of our ace Chris Sale & myself.

ME_AND_CHRIS_SALE___.JPG

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Marcus ‏@_MHa11 5m

So all good things eventually come to an end. My time in the @MLBFanCave is sadly over. Thanks to everyone that gave me their support.

If the Sox suddenly reel off 10 wins in a row, we'll know where to place the blame for the first half of the season.

Edited by HickoryHuskers

Haha, I was just on my way over here to break the unfortunate news but ss2k5 beat me to it. Yep, my road ends here.

I just wanted to say thanks to all of ST for having my back throughout this entire deal. I don't think I could ever repay you guys. If there's a silver lining in this, I get to spend the last part of my summer in Chicago & I get to go into U.S. Cellular Field to catch a game live.

If the Sox all of a sudden go on a massive winning streak, I will take total blame for it.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 03:00 PM)
Haha, I was just on my way over here to break the unfortunate news but ss2k5 beat me to it. Yep, my road ends here.

I just wanted to say thanks to all of ST for having my back throughout this entire deal. I don't think I could ever repay you guys. If there's a silver lining in this, I get to spend the last part of my summer in Chicago & I get to go into U.S. Cellular Field to catch a game live.

If the Sox all of a sudden go on a massive winning streak, I will take total blame for it.

Who has better pizza?